The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you like any other EVs or just NIO? AYRO, CIIC, XPEV, LI etc have gained even more.

There's nothing special about NIO, all the EV like xpev and LI will go up just as much as NIO.

He's just a fanboy. There are plenty of articles showing XPEV is way ahead of NIO when it comes to selling outside China.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
FYI I did not report BMB

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
There's nothing special about NIO, all the EV like xpev and LI will go up just as much as NIO.

He's just a fanboy. There are plenty of articles showing XPEV is way ahead of NIO when it comes to selling outside China.

No other EV has battery swap. You can buy a NIO without a battery and lease one. Who wants to own an old battery that degrades every year? Perfect if you live in an apt where you can't charge at home.

Members don't see this ad :)
No other EV has battery swap. You can buy a NIO without a battery and lease one. Who wants to own an old battery that degrades every year? Perfect if you live in an apt where you can't charge at home.

Tesla tried the battery swap and no one wanted it. I don't really consider it a game changer.

Also from what I read, the lines have been long.

So what am I doing holding or selling part of NIO?

I originally bought $1k and it's worth $3k so I could sell $1k and open a new position in a stock.

I'd like a new stock if I'm selling shares

I sold 1/2 of my NIO profits to buy AYRO.

Something seems to be in the works with them - at the end of Q3 they had 27mil in cash and just raised another $10mil today, and despite that their share price didn't tank like it should have.

Either something is going on behind the curtains or this company is one big elaborate ruse to take my money. So by no means do I recommend you buy but it's something to ponder. Nio is a much safer bet I think - in 6 mos they'll be worth 20-50% more than they are now. AYRO is a gamble.

A lot of stocks jumped after reporting positive vaccine news then slowly fell.

What happens to AZN? It falls immediately @WVUPharm2007

I sold 1/2 of my NIO profits to buy AYRO.

Something seems to be in the works with them - at the end of Q3 they had 27mil in cash and just raised another $10mil today, and despite that their share price didn't tank like it should have.

Either something is going on behind the curtains or this company is one big elaborate ruse to take my money. So by no means do I recommend you buy but it's something to ponder. Nio is a much safer bet I think - in 6 mos they'll be worth 20-50% more than they are now. AYRO is a gamble.
Only rule I have for the fund is no penny stocks. 1 billion market cap or higher at a minimum.

You're welcome to give me a stock @thumbz if you want and I'll convert $1k of NIO to it.

I sometimes ask for reasoning if it's a stock I've not heard of.

I'll be honest @wagrxm2000 - I've only been playing in the pennies with my portfolio, save for a position in FSR that I'm going to watch for the next 2 years as it hopefully goes off on a Nio trajectory. I wish I had a recommendation for ya!

Only rule I have for the fund is no penny stocks. 1 billion market cap or higher at a minimum.

How about SBE? So many EVs but you gotta charge them somewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an idea, why don't we just stop mentioning BMB's name the next time he comes? Then the mods won't catch on.

Reactions: 2 users
Just make another username BMB. The actual users of the forum want you here. The only people that don't are the maudes. They think they matter. You know how people are.

Reactions: 4 users
Just make another username BMB. The actual users of the forum want you here. The only people that don't are the maudes. They think they matter. You know how people are.

Do they find him by IP address?

How about SBE? So many EVs but you gotta charge them somewhere.

Ok here's what I did, I bought half a position at 33.42 I believe right at the end of the day.

If it falls, it won't hurt the fund and I'll ask if you want me to buy the other half.

I just feel one of these days the big drop is going to occur in these high flying stocks.

Ok here's what I did, I bought half a position at 33.42 I believe right at the end of the day.

If it falls, it won't hurt the fund and I'll ask if you want me to buy the other half.

I just feel one of these days the big drop is going to occur in these high flying stocks.

Since you just bought, it will probably drop big tomorrow :rofl:

Since you just bought, it will probably drop big tomorrow :rofl:

Its probably better if it falls to get that other half in. If it goes up 30% I'll probably buy the other half and put a stop in 15% lower

These EV stocks are unreal. I mean, it isn't sustainable or realistic.

You know something's wrong when people are disappointed that NIO was only up 12.45% today.

Speaking of EV stocks...

Can someone please explain why NKLA is still trading at $29+ per share?

Weren't they pretty much exposed back in September, as being a total sham/fraud? What am I missing??

Speaking of EV stocks...

Can someone please explain why NKLA is still trading at $29+ per share?

Weren't they pretty much exposed back in September, as being a total sham/fraud? What am I missing??
10 billion market cap in EV means you only need to sell 1k vehicles a month.

People are clearly betting at some point they start producing and will be patient

10 billion market cap in EV means you only need to sell 1k vehicles a month.

People are clearly betting at some point they start producing and will be patient
But putting out fake videos of your prototype, tells me your a LONG way from producing/selling 1k vehicles per month.

I get that people will take a flyer on a speculative stock... but with so many options to choose from in the EV market, I don't know why anyone would invest in *that* company at *that* price.

Attachments

• NKLA.jpg
    NKLA.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 30
i cant handle the stock market in 2020. these high flyers are more like trading cards than stocks. valuations and fundamentals be damned. even 10 year forward fundamentals. how is tesla worth 5x toyota. how does tesla have a corner on the EV market. Toyota is already moving towards electric

But putting out fake videos of your prototype, tells me your a LONG way from producing/selling 1k vehicles per month.

I get that people will take a flyer on a speculative stock... but with so many options to choose from in the EV market, I don't know why anyone would invest in *that* company at *that* price.
You are not the crazy one. Even the name of the company sounds scammy. The only reason it is still around is just the sheer amount of interest in having the next Tesla stock, I guess. Anyone with a braincell would run away from this stock. I wish I had the balls to short it. It's going to zero.

i cant handle the stock market in 2020. these high flyers are more like trading cards than stocks. valuations and fundamentals be damned. even 10 year forward fundamentals. how is tesla worth 5x toyota. how does tesla have a corner on the EV market. Toyota is already moving towards electric
I agree 100%, at least with Tesla they aren’t purely a car company. Nio and etc literally are a one horse show. It’s already worth more then ford and bmw combined. As well as gm. It makes no sense let’s just say they become successful how in the world does anyone expect them to be more profitable the current car companies. Are the markups thst much better then f150s etc. I don’t agree with Tesla either but at least they are more then a car company. Now blnk and other ev related stocks are taking off. It’s a joke at this point

Never heard of it until yesterday. Spouse and I were reviewing ark trades and realized jt is butterfly handheld ultrasound. Its big up and coming tech in medicine. Market cap is like 900 mil. I am personally buying 3k today and maybe another 2k for a long hold.

Thanks I'll probably get some too. I wish I had more money.

FRSX and RMG are supposed to be big too.

So they are estimating 334 million in revenue by 2024.

If they get a ridiculous valuation at that point you could see a ten bagger

So has BMB been officially black-listed from participating in this forum?

DOW 30K!!!!

Butterfly Network was ranked 32 on CNBCs yearly 50 disrupters list

Could be a good one

A lot of EVs are coming back down to earth.

So this has now officially become an individual-growth stock picking thread..

Not sure if it’s a good thing or bad. But discussions exclusively surrounding everyone and their mother predicting “next hot stock” does get tiring and quite frankly boring.

• Dislike

Not sure if it’s a good thing or bad. But discussions exclusively surrounding everyone and their mother predicting “next hot stock” does get tiring and quite frankly boring.

Index funds are for the average person and will compound anywhere from 5 to 12% depending on who you talk to.

Discussion over. What else do you want to be said?

Reactions: 5 users

Something something real estate. Happy now?

• Haha
Don’t understand the reaction. Look I thought this was an investment thread. Throwing 5 different random company names out there and predicting which one would be the “next” isn’t “investment” IMO. And last several pages are like that.

I mean if that works for you; good for you. Carry on.

Don’t understand the reaction. Look I thought this was an investment thread. Throwing 5 different random company names out there and predicting which one would be the “next” isn’t “investment” IMO. And last several pages are like that.

What would you like to discuss? Happy to discuss different strategies or investment vehicles. I have already learned so much just here and am happy to learn more. It doesn’t have to be all stock guessing all the time, feel free to add whatever you want!

I'm with you and pushed against day trading type stocks like pharma. I also think all penny stocks should stay in the trading thread

But I can tell you what I do: I look at the market cap of every stock mentioned, if it's significantly under 1 billion or has flown into the billions I may look at it but normally I ignore it. All the other stocks I will read a short article on what they are doing and what their projections are. If I like it I'll toss it on my watchlist and see how it performs over time.

You've seen me also comment on my thoughts on stocks tossed out.

Remember folks penny stocks are highly volatile.

Finally you have to remember, most people who post here already understand index funds. We aren't going to talk about what we already know. If anyone comes to this thread and has a question, it will not be overlooked I can guarantee that.

I also want to add that anyone who is getting into trading stocks to be careful. Just like gambling, it is very addicting.

Don't allow yourselves to be consumed by stocks.

If you buy a stock, you should be an expert on that stock. If I asked you a question, you should know the answer.

Reactions: 2 users

We all learned about NIO from this thread.