The last day this med school interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panoramaelegant

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
other than by going to the websites, which tend to not always be accurate, let's share what the true stories are of the last days these schools interview... i'll start:

VCU: May
U Wisconsin: beginning of march
emory: end of february

Members don't see this ad.

let me clarify... i mean interview for a realistically possible position in the upcoming class or a "highly likely" or moving waitlist, not a dead end one

NYU: Dec. 21

Members don't see this ad :)
panoramaelegant said:
let me clarify... i mean interview for a realistically possible position in the upcoming class or a "highly likely" or moving waitlist, not a dead end one

No schools will waste there own faculty member's time interviewing you if you have no shot of getting in. So if they are still interviewing, there are still spots potentially to be had. Obviously the odds get worse the later things progress. But as long as they are bothering to interview, it isn't a dead end route.

I heard Howard continues interviewing into June.

panoramaelegant said:
other than by going to the websites, which tend to not always be accurate, let's share what the true stories are of the last days these schools interview... i'll start:

Just look at SDN's interview feedback from last year. Add a couple of weeks to the last interview date you see at the end of the 2005 cycle which tends to be some time in March/April.