The Lounge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
saffronrain said:
hey guys, some guy asked this same question in the pre-allo forum- do any of you guys have facebook?

I use it but there's no way I would post it on a public forum even though if you went back and looked at all my posts you could figure out a lot about me (and if you went to my school, you would probably have a very good idea of who I am). Facebook is kinda interesting but one of my friends appropriately called it stalkers.net :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

yes! one of my friends calls it "stalkernetwork," it's so funny. it's definitely a good waste of time though. :D

Ever hate it when you get a mark, but you know you deserved soooo much better? Well it happened to me today. Sunny is PO'ed right now :mad: .

Members don't see this ad :)
How many times have any of you fell asleep at school? I just woke up in the computer lab, with an imprint of the mesh from my backpack on my face :laugh: . Luckily no one bothered me. I never feel asleep in highschool, but I've slept in my uni's library so many times, I can't even count. Well, still feeling tired....... zzz

sunny123 said:
How many times have any of you fell asleep at school? I just woke up in the computer lab, with an imprint of the mesh from my backpack on my face :laugh: . Luckily no one bothered me. I never feel asleep in highschool, but I've slept in my uni's library so many times, I can't even count. Well, still feeling tired....... zzz

:laugh: :laugh:
that's very funny sunny
I think you must be surfing SDN India Forum in your computer lab
Talking of that, I sometimes fall asleep just like this guy
snore.gif
when I am reading Newyorker's long stories :laugh: :laugh:

^ Well after writing an exam, and a lab report, I didn't get too much sleep. I was doing some research in the computer lab for the final assingment, and I fell asleep. SDN happened to be in the background :laugh: :D

So how is everyone enjoying this fine weather we're getting? All the nsow has melted away, only to reveal the mud and garbage from several months back.

sunny123 said:
^ Well after writing an exam, and a lab report, I didn't get too much sleep. I was doing some research in the computer lab for the final assingment, and I fell asleep. SDN happened to be in the background :laugh: :D

So how is everyone enjoying this fine weather we're getting? All the nsow has melted away, only to reveal the mud and garbage from several months back.

isn't SDN addicting?! grr.. anyway, i am SO enjoying this 50 degree weather. haha.. warmth is relative. i got right into wearing flip-flops and t-shirts. i'm serious. 50 degrees is freakin warm for CT, esp. after all that snow. ::shudder:: how's it in canada?

Today was actually very nice. A high of 15 degrees Celcius. Nice cool breeze, but still warm. I just hate walking through all the puddles, usually messes up my pants. However, today I was wearing cordoroy khakis and luckily, no stains...yippee!!!

lol 15 degrees C.. hmm.. what's that in fahrenheit? i'm too lazy to do the simple calculation. hehe. yeah see, i don't walk THROUGH puddles, i walk AROUND them.. that's what i do if i don't want to mess up my jeans. ;) haha

^ 15 Celcius is 59 Farenheit lol :laugh:

But I hate this part of the year. There is soo much crap on the streets, its almost sickly looking.

Members don't see this ad :)
the anatomy section is helpful =)

Glad it was helpful, i'll stop going mnemonic crazy now with my searches :laugh: .

sunny123 said:
Glad it was helpful, i'll stop going mnemonic crazy now with my searches :laugh: .

lol...yah anything that will keep u from studying. i should stop procrastinating and get stuff done :p Thanks though

i am the QUEEN of procrastination. wow those mnemonic sites you found seem really great! too bad i can't use them for the classes i take now. haha.. i've got a huge bio exam on monday and half of it is about plants and their hormones (like i care) and the other half is about humans and their hormones. i don't mind the latter.
uh... okay i'm just rambling on and on .. ::sigh:: help meeeee.. !! i can't do this to myself (procrastinate i mean).....!

Maaan, I got me two lab reports to finish up on bio systematics, and the TA doesn't even know what's going on in the course (except for me that is haha). I should be doing some research, but I'm trying to compose a new sitar song right now. I trumped your procrastination by about 2xfold hehe :laugh: .

Hey...Guys thanks a lot for the mnemonics sites....In the end..I just remember the mnemonic and forget what is it for actually....

sunny123 said:
Maaan, I got me two lab reports to finish up on bio systematics, and the TA doesn't even know what's going on in the course (except for me that is haha). I should be doing some research, but I'm trying to compose a new sitar song right now. I trumped your procrastination by about 2xfold hehe :laugh: .
I have two presentations and two article reviews due on Monday...I had two full weeks to finish the stuff...but guess what....I will sit tonight at 11 PM...and finish ..........And resolve for the millionth time"From now onwards...I am going to be in time.....more regular and give my best shot" And Trust me...its just words and words are all I have.....

meetlife said:
Hey...Guys thanks a lot for the mnemonics sites....In the end..I just remember the mnemonic and forget what is it for actually....
:laugh: :laugh:

OMG, today was absolutely beautiful!! Didn't wear a jacket, had the windows down in the car, blasted my music while cruising down the streets, and made myself a cherry popsicle/mango juice slushy!!

:cool:

AND, the temp is supposed to keep going up and up!! However, I'm still pessimistic about getting a snow storm in April. We always get one, no matter what.

AWwww....
I get summer sick....when i feel the warm weather approaching ...i find it so hard to do anything else but go out on long drives...or jogs...anywhere but inside...that's when all the procrastination begins....its impossible to get anything done when its sunny out...
Snow in april..!! :eek: no..way!!
I don't know how people manage to live in cold places...three years in pennsylvania here...(and it's not 'snow in april' kinda cold here)..but i'm ready to run south to atlanta,georgia.....unless SUNY gives me more scholarship...then i guess its snow-snow and more snow for the next 4 years.... :scared:

well here's hoping (i'm always full of hope)u experience warmer days...and no snow storm... that's tina's prophesy ;)

sunny123 said:
OMG, today was absolutely beautiful!! Didn't wear a jacket, had the windows down in the car, blasted my music while cruising down the streets, and made myself a cherry popsicle/mango juice slushy!!

:cool:

AND, the temp is supposed to keep going up and up!! However, I'm still pessimistic about getting a snow storm in April. We always get one, no matter what.

sunny
sun.gif

I was enjoying the same beautiful weather in toronto like you
it was unbelievable!!!, I took my son to the park after 6 months and I have never seen so many people on the road having so much fun
spring is springing in toronto
i remember last year in ottawa, we had so much snow in April but I hope the winter is behind us now
Also the good news that TTC is not going on strike after all
It would have been such a chaos
so cheers and enjoy the good weather

hopeful05 said:
AWwww....
I get summer sick....when i feel the warm weather approaching ...i find it so hard to do anything else but go out on long drives...or jogs...anywhere but inside...that's when all the procrastination begins....its impossible to get anything done when its sunny out...
Snow in april..!! :eek: no..way!!
I don't know how people manage to live in cold places...three years in pennsylvania here...(and it's not 'snow in april' kinda cold here)..but i'm ready to run south to atlanta,georgia.....unless SUNY gives me more scholarship...then i guess its snow-snow and more snow for the next 4 years.... :scared:

well here's hoping (i'm always full of hope)u experience warmer days...and no snow storm... that's tina's prophesy ;)
Well, its been a thing here in Toronto, where we always get a snow storm in April (right around the Easter holidays). But since Easter happened in March, maybe your prophecy Tina will come true :D.

And Nimesh, I knew that strike wouldn't happen. There is no way the public transportation will go out of service due to a labour dispute. I had this gut feeling that it would've been solved today, but my friend, who has an exam tomorrow, was hoping the strike would go through :laugh:. Too bad for him... well, he still studied for it anyways..

DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!
It takes less than a minute ....
Work this out as you read ...
Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
This is not one of those waste of time things, it's fun.

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to
have

chocolate (more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator ....

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1755 .... If you
haven't, add 1754.

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.

You should have a three digit number .

The first digit of this was your original number (i.e., how many times
you want to have chocolate each week).

The next two numbers are ....

YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2005) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE
IT LASTS.

haha i did the above thing .. and yeah it's cool, but they said the same thing in 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 too... that it would only work that year. lol.. oh math.

nimeshshingala said:
DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!
It takes less than a minute ....
Work this out as you read ...
Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
This is not one of those waste of time things, it's fun.

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to
have

chocolate (more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator ....

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1755 .... If you
haven't, add 1754.

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.

You should have a three digit number .

The first digit of this was your original number (i.e., how many times
you want to have chocolate each week).

The next two numbers are ....

YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2005) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE
IT LASTS.
WoW !!!!! It really really did work....wow...i m soooo impressed :) :p :)

sunny123 said:
Have fun with this ppl:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/mind.php

It can read your mind :D ;)

holyyyyyyyyyyy mannnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!
it worked all the time
this is kind of scary , how can this read what's going on in my mind???
can you tell me sunny how this works
because i was conscious enough to not put my mouse on the icon I was concentrating
it was always right
this is amazing

^ My friend, it asks you to choose a TWO-digit number ;) :p

nimeshshingala said:
holyyyyyyyyyyy mannnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!
it worked all the time
this is kind of scary , how can this read what's going on in my mind???
can you tell me sunny how this works
because i was conscious enough to not put my mouse on the icon I was concentrating
it was always right
this is amazing
If you are good in mathematics Nimesh, you will most definitely figure it out! That is why I chose to post it. :laugh:

sunny123 said:
If you are good in mathematics Nimesh, you will most definitely figure it out! That is why I chose to post it. :laugh:

i followed the exact procedure mentioned
i did all my calculation in my mind and than whatever figure came in my mind, I looked at the symbol besides the figure for a few seconds and bingo
the crystal ball was always right!!!!!
what does being good in maths has to do anything with it??
this freaking thing is reading my mind!! :laugh: :laugh:
it is really freaking me out man

^ I don't want to reveal the secret ;) HAHAHAHAHAHa

sunny123 said:
^ I don't want to reveal the secret ;) HAHAHAHAHAHa
commone pals- it is simple game of the number 9

ok
now i understand how this works
the number is always 9 when you add up :laugh: :laugh:

nimeshshingala said:
ok
yes.......a number nine thing....i figured that out almost immediately...still its fun!!!! ;) :p ;)

nimeshshingala said:
ok

Yup- you got it!
one simple thing- whenever someone tries to impress you with something that has Mathematics in it- to solve it, find out if it involves the number 9- and then solve it retrograde! usually you wi´ll find out!

When it is not about 9, it is usually abuot Prime numbers!

Got it.......good.....was fun.....atleast as long as I did not know how it worked...