The Lounge!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't know how many of you are familiar with the other forums on SDN but you should check out the lounge. It's a great place to interact with med students, other pre-meds, interns, residents, and practicing physicians on a non-academic level. It's kindof a cool place to kick back and goof off.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, yes, yes, yes...we know. I visit that forum + the pre-pharm and pre-dents forum all the time...

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
u guys should come when u have free time its very addictive u know;)

Most of the people are really nice and welcoming there, feel free to stop by anytime for interesting and entertaining chat.

I personally welcome u all. :)

Take care & see u soon!!:D;)

That signature makes me want to punch something.

Last edited:

Most of the people are really nice and welcoming there, feel free to stop by anytime for interesting and entertaining chat.

Most regulars in the lounge are neither nice nor welcoming. SDN9876 is perhaps the only person who encourages newcomers to the lounge.

Almost all of the regulars there have him on their ignore list. They consider him the troll of the lounge. I remain objective, but you should know where this advice is coming from.

If you post anything in the lounge, be ready for ridicule. If you think it's worth it, and that being hazed is "cool and laid back," whatever. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Last edited:
wrong. obviously i'm not on your ignore list since u saw what i wrote and even replied!

Hence you're lying!

The people in the lounge are mostly nice, welcoming, sweet, and fun to be around. Medzealot is an exception. Sorry man, but there is no room for this type of negativity that you are exuding.:thumbdown:

I'm not lying, you just didn't read the post right.

I said that I don't consider you a troll. I don't need you on my ignore list because I'm not a lounge regular.

But the regulars there consider you a troll, and many of them have ignored you. One of my amigos added you just this morning, and even posted about it.

Hence you're lying!

If it weren't a hostile environment, why would this person feel the need to have a bright pink signature that says "I personally welcome all newcomers to The Lounge with open arms" ??? If it's such welcoming environment, wouldn't that go without saying?

This is objectivity, not negativity. I don't care if people go in there, but they should know what they've wandered into, and you are misleading them. Why don't you tell them about the warm welcome UES has received?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=814932

ETA: from that thread, SDN9876 posted this yesterday, describing exactly what happens in the lounge:

ur all just haters...

Poor guy comes in here and shows u where he is from and his roots and you throw insults.

You're being dishonest, SDN9876. The truth always comes out eventually.

n00bs in the lounge are like chum for sharks.

Last edited:
the lounge is a positive environment where even trolls can roam free and graze peacefully with the regulars.

^^^^

Admiral Ackbar sees right through this... and is here to warn you:

ackbar.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
the lounge is a positive environment where even trolls can roam free and graze peacefully with the regulars.

It has also been speculated on numerous occasions that tabascosauce, SDN9876, and the originator of this thread (476515678234896) are accounts that all belong to the same person.

Regarding this,

1. I am indifferent about SDN9876
2. 476515678234896's most recent lounge activity was to insult me (very warm)
3. I like tabascosauce!

Lounge needs more fodder eh?

Guys, the lounge isn't actually as bad as some make it out to be. It was, once, though.

I don't understand this concept of "bad" or "hazed"...did you lose the memo that this is the internet? When someone makes fun of some crap you say on here you don't actually get punched in the face or depantsed in front of your friends or something. If you're going to the lounge looking for answers to life's questions yeah you'll be disappointed but I also think if you get mad cause you were "hazed" or someone was "mean" to you in an internet forum you're a bit crazy.

I know I know
Internet=SeriousBusiness

Guys, the lounge isn't actually as bad as some make it out to be. It was, once, though.

Just so I'm clear, I wouldn't call the lounge "bad," but I wouldn't call it welcoming to a typical pre-allo poster (not that pre-allo is welcoming).

I wouldn't be upset if this thread results in me being proven wrong; I'm not a lounge stakeholder or anything.

Last edited:
medzealot, why are you so scared of new people coming to the lounge?

Dont be scared I will hold u in my arms and embrace u very much.

Medz, I'll pay you tree fiddy if you motorboat him while you're in there.

Last edited:
I'm alright, man. Quite busy IRL. My hubs and I are buying our first house next week. :eek:

What about you?

Last edited:
maybe its an age thing

a lot of the loungers are 30+ and are set in their ways. they dont like change and are very territorial. they like the status quo.

The Lounge is depressingly reminiscent of dial-up modems and chat rooms.

I think the lounge is aight....but Im just a hardcore lurker.

Now I'm seriously curious about/frightened of this "Lounge" place. 1-10 how far is the Lounge from being 4chan?

It's not like 4chan really. Most of the posts consist of unfunny things, lots of inside jokes, and trolling of new people they haven't accepted as "regulars." It's really pretty stupid.

It's not like 4chan really. Most of the posts consist of unfunny things, lots of inside jokes, and trolling of new people they haven't accepted as "regulars." It's really pretty stupid.

lol.

Guys, the lounge was cool once before all you were born!

Now I'm seriously curious about/frightened of this "Lounge" place. 1-10 how far is the Lounge from being 4chan?

oh my

not even close

/b/ is a cesspool . . . which I think is actually the problem that too many have when the try and post in there and don't like the response.

Personally, I don't think it's all "mean" and "hardcore" in the Lounge at all - this isn't /b/ - it's not somethingawful - people simply call it like they see it. It's kind of like a regular online hang-out for some of us, which you may consider lame, and if so, then you probably wouldn't understand. I think it's kind of like an online version of a smaller local pub. It's open to everyone, but if you come in and make a lot of noise, insult the regulars, take a crap on the pool table . . . don't expect to be met with polite and happy response.

I don't really care if new people show up and post per se. It's a free country. I do think it sucks when someone new shows up and posts garbage.

oh my

not even close

/b/ is a cesspool . . . which I think is actually the problem that too many have when the try and post in there and don't like the response.

Personally, I don't think it's all "mean" and "hardcore" in the Lounge at all - this isn't /b/ - it's not somethingawful - people simply call it like they see it. It's kind of like a regular online hang-out for some of us, which you may consider lame, and if so, then you probably wouldn't understand. I think it's kind of like an online version of a smaller local pub. It's open to everyone, but if you come in and make a lot of noise, insult the regulars, take a crap on the pool table . . . don't expect to be met with polite and happy response.

I don't really care if new people show up and post per se. It's a free country. I do think it sucks when someone new shows up and posts garbage.

this :thumbup:
People are very honest with you in the lounge. Idiotic tendencies are not tolerated well, and this may offend some posters. All in all, I like the lounge, and after lurking in there for a few months, several of the regulars have earned my respect.

The lounge sounds like an online pub for huge nerds. The fact that you need to waste a bunch of time there to earn Internet respect makes it worse.
The exclusivity of the lounge is analogous to a group of kids who play those card games with magic elves, goblins and wizards.

this thread is so ridiculous. Hello people!!! You are regular posters on pre-allo! Trust me, I've paid my dues with pre-allo, allo, clinical rotations and now certain physician forums. Real world people say the SAME about you. I've been in pre-allo long before most of you. I know the type of people that come through here and that post here regularly and so do you.

The medical and pre-medical world bashes pre-allo for being a bunch of anxious losers and now pre-allo is turning it on another forum. Everyone take a chill pill.

this thread is so ridiculous. Hello people!!! You are regular posters on pre-allo! Trust me, I've paid my dues with pre-allo, allo, clinical rotations and now certain physician forums. Real world people say the SAME about you. I've been in pre-allo long before most of you. I know the type of people that come through here and that post here regularly and so do you.

The medical and pre-medical world bashes pre-allo for being a bunch of anxious losers and now pre-allo is turning it on another forum. Everyone take a chill pill.

No, there is a difference. They want to bash on pre-allo down in the lounge, and they do, and no one gets their asscrack full of underwear. Say one cross word re: the flavor of The Lounge up here, and "they" start coming out of the woodwork. Why might that be?

I'm not sure why everyone thinks the lounge is so bad. It's not like you show up there for the first time and automatically get flamed. Be courteous, and you'll be fine. The only difference in attitude seems to be that if you post something stupid in pre-allo, you get a bunch of memes hinting to you that you're an idiot, whereas in the lounge someone will just tell you you're being an idiot.

Also, the lounge has games :D

No, there is a difference. They want to bash on pre-allo down in the lounge, and they do, and no one gets their asscrack full of underwear. Say one cross word re: the flavor of The Lounge up here, and "they" start coming out of the woodwork. Why might that be?

I call bull on this. Pre-allo is hardly an interesting topic in the lounge. You're going by what other people are saying.

Like JDH said, the lounge is a good place for discussion but there is a culture there and people will tell it like it is. And don't play innocent like pre-allo isn't like that too. Pre-allo has it's own regulars that will jump at the chance to make sarcastic comments to any noob that doesn't know the classic pre-allo rules of "searching, lurking and being PC." I saw it 5 years ago and the new regulars are exactly the same. It's a never ending cycle.

By the way, most loungers are quite welcoming and chill. They only ask that one takes the time to get used to the culture there and play nicely.