The MCAT >=36 Paranoia Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had to wait months to write the MCAT, months to get my scores back, and now I won't hear until December or early January whether I get any interviews. =\ Agh.

How do you get a 4.29 GPA? I want one of those.

Members don't see this ad.

Ew. Not a drink. It's like a paste.

How about we make Jack the high MCAT/high paranoia curative drink? :laugh:

Is Jack's last name Daniels???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I personally prefer vodka mixed drinks. ;)

You are going to get in somewhere I'm sure of it!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Jack's last name Daniels???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I personally prefer vodka mixed drinks. ;)

You are going to get in somewhere I'm sure of it!!
Indeed. :thumbup:

I'd forgotten about this thread. :laugh:

Not really paranoid anymore as much as really pissed about waiting to hear back from schools. :mad:

Well you don't know how many hours he did of the volunteering. I once did a three month stint at 3 month stint at 40 hours a week; the time can add up fast that way. In some ways it's better because the staff begins to see you as a part of the place and give you better stuff to do.

Also, I've had pretty good luck without any research.

He might just need some more safeties.

Yes but how many people can you say volunteer 40 hours a week??? Gimme a break. The number is probably very very very low. This person probably did the standard at most. Besides 40 hours in 3 weeks and 3 hours per week over a longer period of time, they'd probably rather have the person who showed committment over a long period of time.

That's what I've seen based on talking with some adcoms.

I'm not saying the person has no chance of getting in anywhere. They probably are good for their state schools and some illinois schools if Ill. schools give preference to people in nearby states like their home state of wisconsin. However, I think they could use some strengthening of their application and then updating the schools they are applying to. That never hurts and could only help them from what I've seen.

Not really paranoid anymore as much as really pissed about waiting to hear back from schools. :mad:

Its a phase that will pass. Don't worry everyone goes through it. :luck:

They better tell us on Nov 15. Or :thumbdown: :mad: +pissed+

Paranoia officially gone.

And how are we doing?
Merry Christmas >=36ers! Hope you guys have 20 acceptances and lose your hair trying to decide!

I finally got my first acceptance, but i'd still like to join. I think several months of sleepless nights reading SDN posts qualifies me. ...and i just got my first safety-school wait-list :D .

:scared:

Wait are you saying if you get >36 you aren't automatically a shoo-in for medical school? OH ****!