The most 'flexible' type of pharmacy job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manjungs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking to pursue my long-time interest of music while I'm finally working in the real world - I was wondering what kind of pharmacy jobs would actually give me some flexibility to pursue hobbies and have some life outside of pharmacy? I thought of per diem, but I'd like to be a full time without unpredictable schedule.... i think hospital pharmacy would be out of the question, seems like a retail may be a better flexible option... what do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Probably pharmacy gymnastics. Its rather hard to get into, because long hours in the gym training competes with your long hours of studying.

Maybe look into 7 on/7 off, so you have a whole week to have your gigs and all that stuff. There are also some 9-5 style jobs too, so that would give you a "normal" life to do whatever you wanted from 5-11pm.

pharmacy in your underwear?

I believe some hospitals pay for rx verification alone...do it at home on your computer

Members don't see this ad :)
PBM or work at home mail order pharmacy jobs are the BEST and MOST flexible...but they are hard as hell to get bc everyone else wants it.

Good luck.

Victoria's Secret underwear?

Well being a Victoria Secret model would be the ideal job....but pharmacy is a good back up. :rolleyes:

PBM or work at home mail order pharmacy jobs are the BEST and MOST flexible...but they are hard as hell to get bc everyone else wants it.

Good luck.

Thanks for being the only one with a 'professional' answer, like we are all supposed to be. If you don't mind my asking... what does PBM stand for?

Thanks for being the only one with a 'professional' answer, like we are all supposed to be. If you don't mind my asking... what does PBM stand for?

You should know that putting a word in quotes actually implies the opposite. Like 'professional' implies unprofessional and 'flexible' can imply not so flexible. But anyway, I do MTM from home and it's very flexible.

The most flexible job is.the.corporate vp or director or consultant managing multiple hospital pharmacies working from home and making site visits per your schedule. I did it for 5 yearz. Not only the quality of work and life great, you build up.so much.travel perks.

Are you tall enough?

They are all 5'10 and I am not quite that. :(

Which makes no sense b/c my father was 6'2 so I should be at 5'10 but I am not. :(

Life is so UNFAIR. VS needs a Asian model. ;)

Pharmacy Benefit manager.

GREAT job. Hard as hell to get though. Might as well try for modeling. :rolleyes:

To answer your question:

Any job that allows you to WORK FROM HOME is very flexible.

But the problem is EVERYONE WANTS THAT...so it's very hard to land a job like that...which is the bad news.

The most flexible job is.the.corporate vp or director or consultant managing multiple hospital pharmacies working from home and making site visits per your schedule. I did it for 5 yearz. Not only the quality of work and life great, you build up.so much.travel perks.

Oh stop bragging! :p

Pharmacy Benefit manager.

GREAT job. Hard as hell to get though. Might as well try for modeling. :rolleyes:

Yeah, more people can be models than can be PBM pharmacists. Weird though, I know a bunch of PBM pharmacists, but I don't know ANY models. What's up with that??

To answer your question:

Any job that allows you to WORK FROM HOME is very flexible.

But the problem is EVERYONE WANTS THAT...so it's very hard to land a job like that...which is the bad news.

I didn't have any trouble getting a work from home contract. But I did have some connections.

I would caution students that working from home is not the perfect nirvana they might be thinking of. For one thing, it can be challenging to maintain productivity. It's not always very exciting. Plus, people think because you work from home, that you really don't work and all, and always want you to do things for them, babysit, etc. They act like it should be no big deal for you to take time off whenever you want. That part is less than ideal.

Yeah, more people can be models than can be PBM pharmacists. Weird though, I know a bunch of PBM pharmacists, but I don't know ANY models. What's up with that??

To be fair, none of my modeling friends know any PBM pharmacists. You just run in the wrong circles! :p:laugh:

Pay attention.