-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The most important decision: which Droid tab?
Started by Its Z
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Have Nexus7 with jelly bean....awesome stuff.
Looking for a 10 inch tab...
Galaxy note 10.1?
Galaxy tab 2 10.1? $339 at Costco
Asus?
Toshiba?
Or wait for Nexus10???
No rotten apple product please.
Ummm easy desicion...The ipad....Duh!
Have Nexus7 with jelly bean....awesome stuff.
Looking for a 10 inch tab...
Galaxy note 10.1?
Galaxy tab 2 10.1? $339 at Costco
Asus?
Toshiba?
Or wait for Nexus10???
No rotten apple product pjuJulease.
Nexus 10. The nexus flagship google products always get the most recent OS upgrades before others and the longest support
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ummm easy desicion...The ipad....Duh!
Is that some sort of virtual menstrual pad?
Nexus 10. The nexus flagship google products always get the most recent OS upgrades before others and the longest support
I know its coming but hate to wait. Nexus 7 is sweet at $199.
Ummm easy desicion...The ipad....Duh!
**** Ipad. The margin for Apple devices are too high. People are getting rip off left and right just to buy label. I'd never fork $100 for something only worth $60.
Is that some sort of virtual menstrual pad?
Only for left wing liberal ******* who live in Commiefornia.
You disappoint me....Apple FTW.
Vanilla android is the way to go, all the time, so wait for the Nexus 10 if you can. I no, then go for Galaxy Note 10, you can get use of split screen and spen.
I have the the Note and use it for note taking and pretty much anything I can do with pen/paper, but with a "tiny" 5.3" screen. lol 😀
I have the the Note and use it for note taking and pretty much anything I can do with pen/paper, but with a "tiny" 5.3" screen. lol 😀
The far more pressing and important question is....
How much cash should I bring to Vegas?
How much cash should I bring to Vegas?
Vanilla android is the way to go, all the time, so wait for the Nexus 10 if you can. I no, then go for Galaxy Note 10, you can get use of split screen and spen.
I have the the Note and use it for note taking and pretty much anything I can do with pen/paper, but with a "tiny" 5.3" screen. lol 😀
Tempting...but I have no use for split screen and I'm not sure about the S-pen.
I don't take notes.
And how much better is Note 10.1 vs. Galaxy 2 10.1?
Jelly Bean is sweet but Ice Cream Sammich is pretty smooth too... wonder if I can install Jelly Bean on Galaxy 2?
I carry $100. That's it.
I don't gamble...so
And why do you need money? Have the boys and your preceptors pay.
Hhhhhmmmm.....good point! My new goal is to not spend a dime in Vegas.
Maybe I can use the money to go buy some new stilettos to wear out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hhhhhmmmm.....good point! My new goal is to not spend a dime in Vegas.
Maybe I can use the money to go buy some new stilettos to wear out.
cowboy boots FTW.. I mean cowgirl.
cowboy boots FTW.. I mean cowgirl.
Of course...already gots me some of those.
Tempting...but I have no use for split screen and I'm not sure about the S-pen.
I don't take notes.
And how much better is Note 10.1 vs. Galaxy 2 10.1?
Jelly Bean is sweet but Ice Cream Sammich is pretty smooth too... wonder if I can install Jelly Bean on Galaxy 2?
I installed a ported version of Jelly Bean to my GS2 and it was kinda wonky. Reallllly dug Google Now app but I went back to ICS.
I got your answer if you want to go the cheaper route and aren't afraid of tinkering with stuff. The $99/$149 firesale HP Touchpad. Hack it and put Cyanogenmod on it. The Jelly Bean alpha just got release and its slick, but still got some issues to iron out (video below). The Ice Cream Sandwich Cyanogenmod release is very stable and pretty damned awesome. Look into it. It's what I roll with and I love the heck out of it. I definitely recommend this to broke ass students who want a fully functional ICS tablet with decent speed (dual core that can be overclocked to 1.8ghz). Or cheapskates like me.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7yW8TXjOpk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
---
Now if you are cool with the whole paying full price thing, I'd wait for the new Nexus.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7yW8TXjOpk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
---
Now if you are cool with the whole paying full price thing, I'd wait for the new Nexus.
Last edited:
I'm asking myself the same question. I'm considering getting a tab for school. I really want something I can write on to replace taking notes on paper. The Galaxy Note tablet seems to be pretty good. Right now I'm also waiting on more information regarding the Microsoft Surface since I have my eye on it.
i am a droid user and I just bought a ipad
the droid tabs are trash, overall they run slower, lots of issues with apps, and they dont compare at all with the ipad
User issue.....
User issue.....
possible
but I did over 6 months of research b4 buying the ipad
everyone is free to make their own choice, but I went with the ipad, and everything else I have is droid based
I'm asking myself the same question. I'm considering getting a tab for school. I really want something I can write on to replace taking notes on paper. The Galaxy Note tablet seems to be pretty good. Right now I'm also waiting on more information regarding the Microsoft Surface since I have my eye on it.
Always reminds me of the other MS product of the same name:
[YOUTUBE]CZrr7AZ9nCY[/YOUTUBE]
i am a droid user and I just bought a ipad
the droid tabs are trash, overall they run slower, lots of issues with apps, and they dont compare at all with the ipad
Rock on!
New Dell Ultrabook (aka NON mac) ordered today...ftw!
New Dell Ultrabook (aka NON mac) ordered today...ftw!
Someone explain to the lab tech what a tablet PC is.
Z, where'd you disappear to for the last month or so? DOP job gotcha down? 
Someone explain to the lab tech what a tablet PC is.
Useless for photo editing...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
New Dell Ultrabook (aka NON mac) ordered today...ftw!
Droid will run the space shuttle program in a few years!!!....
Useless for photo editing...
I am going to have a PC built for photo and video editing.....but everything else will be on Droid.
Oh....dark room is set up.
Z, where'd you disappear to for the last month or so? DOP job gotcha down?![]()
Family and friends in and out..... too busy. Dop job is easy.
I am going to have a PC built for photo and video editing.....but everything else will be on Droid.
Oh....dark room is set up.
Mmmmm, Can I use it?
There's gonna be an avalanche of tablets being in the next few months, and the Windows "slates" probably replacing laptops and tablet pcs.
I'm with Mikey on the Touchpad idea. Bought one for me and for my wife. Pretty much meets all our needs, though CyanogenMod can be a little glitchy from time to time.
I'm with Mikey on the Touchpad idea. Bought one for me and for my wife. Pretty much meets all our needs, though CyanogenMod can be a little glitchy from time to time.
This is not a bad idea also. I bought it for my nephew, rooted and installed CM. Works great!👍
I miss Palm so, so much. "Rooting" one of their devices involves typing in a code into the search box to turn on Dev Mode. To do that to an Android device you have to do all sorts of complicated crap. And it voids the warranty.
Also, if you can, buy a Touchstone for your Touchpad. Just keep it by your bed. When you dock it, it goes into "Clock mode", dims the screen, and becomes an enormous bedside alarm clock. And it does all that in Android with CM9. It's neato.
If you REALLY want to see something crazy, there was a guy I read about that put CM9 on his touchpad and installed it in his car as a giant-ass 10" media center/GPS. All you have to do is wire a bluetooth GPS receiver into you car and its good to go. I'm trying to find pictures, but I can't find any.
Also, if you can, buy a Touchstone for your Touchpad. Just keep it by your bed. When you dock it, it goes into "Clock mode", dims the screen, and becomes an enormous bedside alarm clock. And it does all that in Android with CM9. It's neato.
If you REALLY want to see something crazy, there was a guy I read about that put CM9 on his touchpad and installed it in his car as a giant-ass 10" media center/GPS. All you have to do is wire a bluetooth GPS receiver into you car and its good to go. I'm trying to find pictures, but I can't find any.
I never really liked tablets. I bought the Asus Transformer last year, use it rarely. For me it's either using my desktop, or my desktop-replacement style laptop (17" behemoth Alienware PC).
I never really liked tablets. I bought the Asus Transformer last year, use it rarely. For me it's either using my desktop, or my desktop-replacement style laptop (17" behemoth Alienware PC).
They are superior for travel and are great for laying in bed.
Mmmmm, Can I use it?
Girls shouldn't play with toxic chemicals
Girls shouldn't play with toxic chemicals
I do a lot of things girls shouldn't do.
I do a lot of things girls shouldn't do.
That's what makes life fun.
That's what makes life fun.
Agreed! 😉 How've you been cyclo?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed! 😉 How've you been cyclo?
Livin the life! Can't complain, doing what I love with some awesome folks!
How are you? What have you been up to?
There's gonna be an avalanche of tablets being in the next few months, and the Windows "slates" probably replacing laptops and tablet pcs.
My biggest problems with my slate are I prefer a keyboard, running an Intel i5, I genreate heat, which kicks the fan on, which drains battery life. I do like having full windows functionality, but the trade offs are pretty hefty in terms of battery life. I find my droid phone more useful from a porability standpoint. Lexi has no windows app, so I'd have to use their online version. The slate's just not there yet.
Running Samsung Series 7 Slate
My biggest problems with my slate are I prefer a keyboard, running an Intel i5, I genreate heat, which kicks the fan on, which drains battery life. I do like having full windows functionality, but the trade offs are pretty hefty in terms of battery life. I find my droid phone more useful from a porability standpoint. Lexi has no windows app, so I'd have to use their online version. The slate's just not there yet.
Running Samsung Series 7 Slate
Nooo! Don't let his thread get back on topic! Spiriva!! Help!!
My biggest problems with my slate are I prefer a keyboard, running an Intel i5, I genreate heat, which kicks the fan on, which drains battery life. I do like having full windows functionality, but the trade offs are pretty hefty in terms of battery life. I find my droid phone more useful from a porability standpoint. Lexi has no windows app, so I'd have to use their online version. The slate's just not there yet.
Running Samsung Series 7 Slate
What do you need the full windows for??
You can always get a keyboard for a tab.
Nooo! Don't let his thread get back on topic! Spiriva!! Help!!
lol
