The NBDE I experience as it happended to me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ur blog helped me a lot... i was wondering if u could give me some advice!
i plan to take the nbde part 1 this august... i have the kaplan study material, dental decks 2004 and 2006, and question papers from 79 to 94... i dont have any of the recent ones though... is this enough of study material?
i havent started studying very seriously yet... just about and hour or two per day...how should i go about it?

Members don't see this ad.

Um...this might sound a bit Dumb, but if we don't get a good score can we take it again and use that score in Applications for Dental Schools?

ur blog helped me a lot... i was wondering if u could give me some advice!
i plan to take the nbde part 1 this august... i have the kaplan study material, dental decks 2004 and 2006, and question papers from 79 to 94... i dont have any of the recent ones though... is this enough of study material?
i havent started studying very seriously yet... just about and hour or two per day...how should i go about it?

Well, it seems to me that you've already got everything you need. I guess you work, which is fine so long as you have a schedule for studying, and you stick to it. It's good though to increase your study hours gradually if you want to get the score you want. Specially in the last couple of weeks before the exam that you start revising.

Good luck on your journey.

Members don't see this ad :)
Um...this might sound a bit Dumb, but if we don't get a good score can we take it again and use that score in Applications for Dental Schools?

You can take NBDE I, 3 times, with a 90 days interval between each attempt. If you dont get the score you want, or dont pass after 3 times, you are not permitted to take it for the 4th time unless 12 months passes from the date you took the exam for the last time.

Previous scores are reflected in the report that you, and the universities that you apply to, receive from ADA. So, you can try to get a better score, but the past history of your performance in NBDE would be reported as well.

You can take NBDE I, 3 times, with a 90 days interval between each attempt. If you dont get the score you want, or dont pass after 3 times, you are not permitted to take it for the 4th time unless 12 months passes from the date you took the exam for the last time.

Previous scores are reflected in the report that you, and the universities that you apply to, receive from ADA. So, you can try to get a better score, but the past history of your performance in NBDE would be reported as well.

hi tahaza
are u sure?the marks froms previous attempt in nbde are reflected on your score report .i dont think so, if anybody know about this, pls help.

hey..thanks tahaza! actually im still in a fix...maybe u can help me!
im from india and im still in dental school... i finish in november... i plan to take about 20 days off to go to the us n take nbde part 1.. it wont be a problem cause im an american citizen
now the problem is this... i know i still have about 2.5 months to prepare.. but the test scores need about 3-4 weeks to come right? if i take the test in the first week of august, itll be too late even if i finish the online applications and send in my transcripts... most deadlines are in the first week of september...my gpa is 3.08...not very good...so i have to get a good score... i dont know what to do!:(

It is not true. Only your last scores are reported and considered during the admission process. Otherwise every applicant, I suppose, would use their 2 attempts per year to pass NBDE p.1. However, for additional fee you have an option to get your score history.

It is not true. Only your last scores are reported and considered during the admission process. Otherwise every applicant, I suppose, would use their 2 attempts per year to pass NBDE p.1. However, for additional fee you have an option to get your score history.

Thanks for updating me on that.

hey..thanks tahaza! actually im still in a fix...maybe u can help me!
im from india and im still in dental school... i finish in november... i plan to take about 20 days off to go to the us n take nbde part 1.. it wont be a problem cause im an american citizen
now the problem is this... i know i still have about 2.5 months to prepare.. but the test scores need about 3-4 weeks to come right? if i take the test in the first week of august, itll be too late even if i finish the online applications and send in my transcripts... most deadlines are in the first week of september...my gpa is 3.08...not very good...so i have to get a good score... i dont know what to do!:(

Well, I think the best thing you can do right now, is just to focus on your preparation for NBDE. I have seen students here in SDN that have received their score report in just about 6 days. Don't worry about your GPA, it's not as bad as you think it is. Again, a high score in NBDE I can compensate for that. So, stop worrying and start studying really hard.

Well, I think knowing every detail is going to be enough for the case-based questions. I didnt have any sample either. They dont expect you to diagnose as a MD does. NBDE is not supposed to be USMLE! (although I went through most of the cases in the USMLE first aid :sleep: which I dont think that it helped me that much anyway). So, the best strategy to me is to focus on the study material that you already have, and not to worry about the case-based part of the exam. The 2004 pilot exam can give you an idea about the subject. I can email it to you if you want.
hi can u send me 2004 pilot exam and ethinic cards .

my email is [email protected]

hi.
thanx for all the information u have provided . could u pls fwd me the 2004 pilot on [email protected]. would really appreciate it.thanx once again.good luck with ur application.

Status
Not open for further replies.