the new and improved 2010 Acceptance and Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back from Pace regarding scholarships or assistantships?

The acceptance e-mail said they would be sending out scholarship offers this week, but they didn't say if you would be notified if you didn't receive a scholarship.

I'm not really interested in amounts or types of awards, but if someone gets notified can they PM so I know they have sent them out (even if i don't receive one).

My decision to enroll kind of weighs on whether or not they offer some type of assistance.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted/heard from the St Johns Child track yet?

Thanks in advance!

The desire to work in academia would pull me toward the PhD program - yes you can do it with a PsyD, but it's more straightforward with the PhD. Just my 2 cents :)

Hey guys- I am down between 2 schools and would love some assistance in making my decision. I have been accepted to LIU C.W Post Psy.d and Seattle Pacific University's Ph.d Clinical program. Here are the ups and downs for each:

PRO LIU- Better reputation, higher APA internship match rate, more intensive clinical training, more opportunities for department financial assistance, more research emphasis than most Psy.ds,
CON LIU- Approximately 35k/yr, Minimal financial assistance (RAship) at this point, NY cost of living, fewer research opportunities in my area of interest.

PRO SPU-
Dream research fit, really connected with the faculty, great part of the country, possible RA money,I have family in the area, collaboration with big names at U Washington.
CON SPU- Younger school that is less well known, lower APA internship match rates, less intensive clinical training, fewer opportunities for financial assistance, approximately 28k/yr tuition.

My ultimate career goal at this moment (though it may likely change) is to have an academic position and do clinical work on the side. I could also see myself in an administrative position at a mental health facility.
I know that this is a wonderful dilemma to have and I am incredibly grateful for these opportunities. Thanks so much for reading. All feedback is appreciated!

Anyone heard from pgsp-stanford since that wave of acceptances 3/10? Has anyone been outright rejected or heard anything about a waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All-

I pulled myself off of the waitlist for their PsyD program today! Good luck to those who are holding out!!!

would someone out there mind putting up the link to the site with the apa guidelines for holding offers, etc?

also, congratulations hamster pants! i've been rooting for you to get into temple!

Accepted to Oklahoma State counseling psyc today!

I've just been put on the waitlist for Widener's PsyD program and am really bummed. Does anyone know what the percentages are/have an idea of how many people off the waitlist eventually get accepted?

Funny... here is #2 from the guidelines:
"To facilitate the decision making for students, training programs should inform students as soon as possible that they have been excluded from consideration for admission."

Funny... here is #2 from the guidelines:
"To facilitate the decision making for students, training programs should inform students as soon as possible that they have been excluded from consideration for admission."

yeah, I haven't seen that one in action very much

Oh, hamster, it's good to see you so giddy :)

Thanks, now that I have been able to share my news with family and friends I have moved from the surreal/ shock stage to being extremely happy. I am still a tiny bit scared and sad about the people and places I will have to leave behind but I feel like my whole life is about to change for the better! I think I was sorta in denial about how much I wanted this, because I knew there was a pretty good chance of rejection. Now that it is real, it feels very right. The first thing that has in a longgggggg time. :D

yeah, I haven't seen that one in action very much

I know! I have one offer I'm sitting on but am still waiting to hear my status from two other schools before I accept. Both have informed me that decisions are still under review with one prof that had been out on vacation for a couple weeks immediately post interviews so I think is a little delayed. It's stressful since there are only a few weeks left....

I just received an email from the secretary at Seattle Pacific University that they are expecting to send a second round of offers in the next week. Things have been slower than usual this year in terms of applicants responding.

I was accepted on Wednesday to the PsyD program in Applied Behavior Analysis at The Chicago School of Prof Psych (in Los Angeles)!!!!! Im most likely going there, but I have an interview on next Wednesday at Alliant/CSPP Los Angeles.
Anyone else accepted/interviewing at these schools?!:)

Hey,

If anyone got into Montana, feel free to PM me about the program if I haven't already talked to you.

Also, congrats again, hamsterpants! I'm so happy for you! :):):)

Speaking of Montana, has anyone who interviewed there received any rejections from POI or the program?

I also declined an acceptance to CW. Post. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions folks. I'm headed to Seattle!

Let me know if you want any info on the city. I've lived in Seattle for 4 years and have loved it here.

:clap:

Whoo hah! I've been invited to join the incoming PsyD class at the Wright Institute in Berkeley this fall! This was the one that fit best in most ways, and it felt like a home-coming upon visiting. What a trippity tripple trip to be excited about going back to school after fifteen years!!!!

Whoo hah! I've been invited to join the incoming PsyD class at the Wright Institute in Berkeley this fall! This was the one that fit best in most ways, and it felt like a home-coming upon visiting. What a trippity tripple trip to be excited about going back to school after fifteen years!!!!

Congrats! I have a friend at Wright who is really liking the program and the Bay Area is the place to be. I really enjoyed my time in Berkeley ( I was a Cal undergrad). Where are you moving from?

CONGRATS!!!!! So happy you got in somewhere. I take it that you're going to choose Wright over the New School MA?

Congrats again! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Congrats! I have a friend who goes to Wright and she loves it. Also I personally live in the Bay Area and love it, so I hope you do, too! :)

I am beyond excited to post that I received acceptance today, via snail mail, to Rosemead School of Psychology at Biola University, clinical PsyD program. This is my #1!!!!!! ALL DONE with this nerve racking grad app process :soexcited:

Thanks hamster, future and sunshine! (Ok, your screen names are doing nothing to mitigate the surreality of this situation...)

Wherever I go, I'll be moving from Portland, Oregon, which has been home for most of my adult life. I had really not expected this, but I wound up on the fence a little today -- I know you're either on the fence or not, but think of it as grabbing the fence and rattling it to see if it'll bear weight... If only I could blink my eyes and go to the New Wright Insti-school. Ultimately I have to bring my partner into the deliberation.

Thanks hamster, future and sunshine! (Ok, your screen names are doing nothing to mitigate the surreality of this situation...)

Wherever I go, I'll be moving from Portland, Oregon, which has been home for most of my adult life. I had really not expected this, but I wound up on the fence a little today -- I know you're either on the fence or not, but think of it as grabbing the fence and rattling it to see if it'll bear weight... If only I could blink my eyes and go to the New Wright Insti-school. Ultimately I have to bring my partner into the deliberation.

Hmm well I am quite familiar with Portland, and from what I hear Berkeley, aside from being a little hotter, is very similar.... Im sure things will be fine.

Hmm well I am quite familiar with Portland, and from what I hear Berkeley, aside from being a little hotter, is very similar.... Im sure things will be fine.

Justin is right. One of my best friends moved from SF to Portland about 5 years ago, I have visited her at least once every year and I LOVE Portland. She wanted me to move there and I considered it until I got serious about school plans. It does remind me a bit of Berkeley, though I prefer Portland (mostly because Berkeley reminds me of being 17-23 as those were the ages I lived there). Even though I now live in SF, I really enjoy going to Berkeley on a weekend and I recently dated a guy who lived there. I also think it is a cool place for a family to live. Has your partner visited Berkeley yet? It is not so far.

Right after I accepted my offer, I had a mini panic of "oh no, I'm leaving home". It doesn't help that SF has been Beautyful lately. But I am over that stage and can't wait to get to Philly. The hardest part is telling some of my friends here who I've known for years, they have been sad but still supportive. and one confessed she has been thinking of moving to NYC!

Ha ha -- I seem to have misrepresented myself on this forum yet again... It's not so much that I'm anxious about leaving PDX (well, just a smidgen) so much as I'm on the fence as to the two programs that would have me. I don't know Berkeley or the San Francisco area very well but loved it the couple of times I've been, while I lived in NYC and the metro region for sixteen years and love it. As for the programs selling points, they are very different in ways that make them distinctly appealing yet also share some critical simillarities. As for drawbacks, same deal, but specifically: New School students aren't guaranteed spots in the PhD program, while Wright students fair poorly in the internship match process.. Roughly half of the students at the New School have to go elsewhere for doctoral studies when their two years are up and I need to learn more about their success, especially at schools in the NYC area, since I don't want to drag my family out of Portland to NY, from NY to beyond, and then perhaps once more for internship-related reasons. Likewise, California and the Bay area are notoriously competitive when it comes to APA internships, so I wonder if we'd be looking at a move in three years' time if I choose the Wright...

bother....

Ha ha -- I seem to have misrepresented myself on this forum yet again... It's not so much that I'm anxious about leaving PDX (well, just a smidgen) so much as I'm on the fence as to the two programs that would have me. I don't know Berkeley or the San Francisco area very well but loved it the couple of times I've been, while I lived in NYC and the metro region for sixteen years and love it. As for the programs selling points, they are very different in ways that make them distinctly appealing yet also share some critical simillarities. As for drawbacks, same deal, but specifically: New School students aren't guaranteed spots in the PhD program, while Wright students fair poorly in the internship match process.. Roughly half of the students at the New School have to go elsewhere for doctoral studies when their two years are up and I need to learn more about their success, especially at schools in the NYC area, since I don't want to drag my family out of Portland to NY, from NY to beyond, and then perhaps once more for internship-related reasons. Likewise, California and the Bay area are notoriously competitive when it comes to APA internships, so I wonder if we'd be looking at a move in three years' time if I choose the Wright...

bother....

FWIW, I seem to have read a lot of not-so-positive information about the New School MA program here in terms of support offered to the students, etc. What's the cost differential between the two?