the new and improved 2010 Acceptance and Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
while Wright students fair poorly in the internship match process.. Likewise, California and the Bay area are notoriously competitive when it comes to APA internships, so I wonder if we'd be looking at a move in three years' time if I choose the Wright...

bother....

Hey I asked my interviewer about this at Wright.. She acknowledged that the reason their matching rate is low has to do with the fact that many of the students dont want to relocate for their internship... of students that were willing to move the rate went up to 80% which is not so bad.

Good luck with the decision!

Members don't see this ad.

FWIW, I seem to have read a lot of not-so-positive information about the New School MA program here in terms of support offered to the students, etc. What's the cost differential between the two?

I'm not too concerned about lack of support and after many years in the trenches I can take the worst just about anyone can throw at me. In terms of cost NS would likely be more expensive (a hair less expensive but a year longer at least.) I have to crunch the numbers to be more exact. Plus I want to contact wright to learn if they have any assistance available...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to let everyone know that I am declining my offer at La Salle for the PsyD in Clinical Psychology. Hope this opens up a spot for someone who really wants to go there! Not sure why but I just do not think it is a good fit for me. Now comes the hard part of narrowing down a few more schools :confused:

Best of Luck to EVERYONE!

I was accepted on Wednesday to the PsyD program in Applied Behavior Analysis at The Chicago School of Prof Psych (in Los Angeles)!!!!! Im most likely going there, but I have an interview on next Wednesday at Alliant/CSPP Los Angeles.
Anyone else accepted/interviewing at these schools?!:)

i was accepted to cspp in chicago and im interviewing at alliant on the 9th. i dont think i will end up choosing either tho...... chicago isnt a very good fit for me and alliant has been incredibly rude and unprofessional throughout the process of setting up this interview which is just giving me an overall bad vibe.

i was accepted to cspp in chicago and im interviewing at alliant on the 9th. i dont think i will end up choosing either tho...... chicago isnt a very good fit for me and alliant has been incredibly rude and unprofessional throughout the process of setting up this interview which is just giving me an overall bad vibe.

It's good you're following your instincts. It makes me wonder if some programs are willing to treat potential students (read "$") like this, how will they treat you once you're in?

Hi,

So I just received a snail-mail acceptance for St. John's University Clinical (adult) YAY! But the acceptance letter didn't say ANYTHING about financial package in the letter :eek: does that mean I wasn't awarded any help at all and I am expected to pay for school completely out of pocket? Or will information regarding any awards come later ?!? Any thoughts? Did anyone else in the situation

I believe that I may be the first person to ever apply to a PsyD program, get rejected, than get an acceptance letter 2 weeks later into the same school's MBA program without ever applying to it. Thanks LaSalle!!!! You bizarre, bizarre school.

I believe that I may be the first person to ever apply to a PsyD program, get rejected, than get an acceptance letter 2 weeks later into the same school's MBA program without ever applying to it. Thanks LaSalle!!!! You bizarre, bizarre school.

So.............. You gonna go?

Wow - I'd like to know what answers you get in following up with this. Do they know something you don't?

So.............. You gonna go?

Hahaha

No.

:p

Wow - I'd like to know what answers you get in following up with this. Do they know something you don't?

Seriously! A sign from the graduate gods? I can't wait to get the explanation for this... Makes me wonder if my application went to the wrong department and the reviewer misread PsyD for MBA.. so strange.

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone has heard back from the CUNY Graduate Center Educational Psychology program with School Psychology specialization....good, bad or ugly...just looking for some feedback. The wait is killing me!

Thanks!

That is hysterical!! That might have just made my week! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
i believe that i may be the first person to ever apply to a psyd program, get rejected, than get an acceptance letter 2 weeks later into the same school's mba program without ever applying to it. Thanks lasalle!!!! You bizarre, bizarre school.

b-zarre!

I got a letter 3/29/10 after an interview last night saying I am on their wait list for clinical psych.

The same thing happened to me. I was rejected at La Salle for their PsyD but accepted to their MBA program. SOOOO WEIRD!

Hi,

So I just received a snail-mail acceptance for St. John's University Clinical (adult) YAY! But the acceptance letter didn't say ANYTHING about financial package in the letter :eek: does that mean I wasn't awarded any help at all and I am expected to pay for school completely out of pocket? Or will information regarding any awards come later ?!? Any thoughts? Did anyone else in the situation

First of all, congrats!

Secondly, I've seen schools where the acceptance letter to the program comes from the admissions office and is then soon followed by a financial aid letter from the financial aid office. Depending on what St. John's has to offer in the way of fellowships, the psychology department might be taking longer to decide who gets awarded what.

The same thing happened to me. I was rejected at La Salle for their PsyD but accepted to their MBA program. SOOOO WEIRD!

What the hell??? Do they expect us to say "Well I guess it time to make a serious career change due to my recent unsolicited acceptance to a random MBA program"?

Seriously! A sign from the graduate gods? I can't wait to get the explanation for this... Makes me wonder if my application went to the wrong department and the reviewer misread PsyD for MBA.. so strange.

Wouldn't they wonder why your personal statement and your LORs did nothing but talk about clinical psychology? Or is this just evidence that they're not even reading the applications now...?

Wouldn't they wonder why your personal statement and your LORs did nothing but talk about clinical psychology? Or is this just evidence that they're not even reading the applications now...?

Well, just because they didn't take for clinical psychology doesn't mean they don't want your money somehow... ;)

I just received an acceptance into LaSalle's MBA program and I didn't apply to any program in their school:confused:

Weird

I just received an acceptance into LaSalle's MBA program and I didn't apply to any program in their school:confused:

Weird

Well now i'm feeling bad because I didn't get accepted to their MBA program. I didn't apply to any program there either, but what makes you so special? haha.

Weird

Read above ^^ I thought I was special, but so far there's 3 of us. :)

why didnt la salle want me in their mba program? its just another example of why ill end up alone *sniff sniff*

I was notified I was on the wait list on 3/30 via e-mail. It's tough because it is tied for my first choice, along with a school I was already accepted to. Good luck, everybody! This waiting game is terrible:(

someone in marketing is a bit too overzealous, me thinks

Just received an email that it was an accident

Dear twilson,
Yesterday afternoon, at approximately 3:30PM EST, we experienced a malfunction of our broadcast email system. This resulted in an erroneous email with the subject line reading, "Welcome to La Salle's MBA Program!", being sent to your email address on file with the University.

Please understand that this email was sent to you in error. We ask that you kindly disregard the message. We are taking the proper steps to ensure that this does not happen again. We sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

:rolleyes:

Just received an email that it was an accident

Dear twilson,
Yesterday afternoon, at approximately 3:30PM EST, we experienced a malfunction of our broadcast email system. This resulted in an erroneous email with the subject line reading, "Welcome to La Salle's MBA Program!", being sent to your email address on file with the University.

Please understand that this email was sent to you in error. We ask that you kindly disregard the message. We are taking the proper steps to ensure that this does not happen again. We sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

:rolleyes:

Just got that email too. And I was just about to change careers. Oh well.

If I had a nickel for every instance that La Salle wasted my time... well I'd have enough for a game of Pac-Man.

Has anyone been accepted to the St. John's Clinical PhD (Child Track) yet?

I was also placed on the waitlist for spalding. Hopefully, this wait will be over soon!!

I was also placed on the waitlist for spalding. Hopefully, this wait will be over soon!!
Oh, I know! They told me it would probably be around 5-10 days.... I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us :)

Just accepted off the wait list for Hofstra Clinical PhD!!! I'm still in shock, but so happy! :soexcited:

I was just accepted to IUP's clinical PsyD! =]

Last edited:
Yeshiva clinical psyd anyone? I heard that they are on spring break now so I guess they will not be notifying us tomorrow? um, what about APA?
APA- can someone tell me if they require notifications about waitlists too by April 1st or just acceptances? Thanks!

Yeshiva clinical psyd anyone? I heard that they are on spring break now so I guess they will not be notifying us tomorrow? um, what about APA?
APA- can someone tell me if they require notifications about waitlists too by April 1st or just acceptances? Thanks!

I have not heard anything either (clinical health PhD).

An etiquette question:

I have received an official offer, but was informed last week that I will be contacted about the funding info separately sometime this week. Should I hang in there or should I call the program before the week is out? Maybe Monday? I'm itching to respond, but do not want to accept without an official funding package.

Thanks

Congrats! How exciting! Do you mind saying where?

Same with me... are you two accepting?

I believe so! I am waiting to hear back about a scholarship to another program, but I LOVE IUP's program. I will most likely accept my invitation by the end of this week!

What about you?

nope not alone. I applied to U of Indianapolis PsyD, declined there interview b/c I was going to another that conflicted. And I got a whole packet about my acceptance to their masters program. Go figure!

I'm a first year in the program, so if anyone has any questions about the program (whether you're accepting or still on the fence!) let me know :)

So the mailman has come and gone.....no letter from the CUNY Educational Psych program. Wah!

I understand they stated that notifications would occur no later than the 1st of April. Does that mean that I should expect an email or telephone call? Do they ever send decisions via fedex or ups?

As someone in the forum stated previously....I just want them to "rip the band-aid off" already!

Let me know either way, so I can wrap my mind around it and make decisions about my future.

Aargh.

:xf: