The new MCAT format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr_dre

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...I'm predicting a rewrite.
But I think this is an amazing thing because apparently the new format will be a lot better and easier to get a higher score.

Members don't see this ad.

dr_dre said:
But I think this is an amazing thing because apparently the new format will be a lot better and easier to get a higher score.
and how do you figure that? :confused:

I'm not too sure that will be the case. I think b/c there are less ?s, it's more luck of the draw. You can't miss as many questions per section. For example, what if you two really hard genetic based passages and don't do well, there's not that many questions left to "make up" on. But who knows, regardless of the version, the MCAT is reallyy hard.

You'll probably have more time to work on problems since you don't have to waste time bubbling on the answer key. That's the only advantage I see.

dr_dre said:

Dont forget, if it's easier for you to get a higher score, then it'll be easier for everyone else to get. With that way of thinking, maybe 35 will be the new 30. There will still be the same level competition, except the people have higher scores this time around. :thumbdown: