***The NEW Official Tufts University School of Dental Medicine 2013 Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ok just got back from mini celebration. so whos down to ball in tufts IM bball? supra i know youre in

Members don't see this ad.

you can sign me up lol, congrats my man, minuteman that is

I seriously can't believe that I'm typing these words but my AADSAS says "Offer Made." !!!!!!!!

So pumped!!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to all ... welcome

i was team captain for my im bball team last year. sign me up yo!

UCLA IM champs baby! count me in too!

Im in FINALLY WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:soexcited:

:highfive::soexcited::clap::love::welcome::woot::claps::slap::banana::biglove::rofl:

This is my very first post, so I hope it's okay. Just wanted to say "I'm in, too!! Let's get this partay started!!!" YYYYYiiiiiiiipppppppeeeeeeee! I knew AADSAS has its glitches, so I waited to receive the actually Tufts offer package! I can't believe we might be getting a shirt, what a bargain! ;P

Do we need to collect teeth for Tufts? If so, has anybody started yet?

AADSAS update "offer made" !!!! Just waiting for the papers to be 100% sure...SO EXCITED!!

Do we need to collect teeth for Tufts? If so, has anybody started yet?
Yea, we need teeth somewhat into 1st year. However, I'm not yet sure what solution they want us to preserve our teeth in. I'll post in the FB group about it when I find out.

At the moment, I have a couple of oral surgeons and my clinic collecting teeth for me. If you collect teeth, it's a good idea to ask ask GPs too, because oral surgeons will usually give you a handful of 3rd molars only...

Members don't see this ad :)
i got the acceptance packet today woot!!!
Time to take a billion shots again... :/

What's up guys looks like I'll be joining you! :highfive: Interviewed 2/23, aadsas update 2/25, got the packet in the mail 2/28!

I'm down to play some ball too! I'm pretty rusty tho

oh just BUMPING THE COOLEST SCHOOL!

Yea, we need teeth somewhat into 1st year. However, I'm not yet sure what solution they want us to preserve our teeth in. I'll post in the FB group about it when I find out.

At the moment, I have a couple of oral surgeons and my clinic collecting teeth for me. If you collect teeth, it's a good idea to ask ask GPs too, because oral surgeons will usually give you a handful of 3rd molars only...

They recommend 10% bleach/water solution to store your teeth. Just make sure you have teeth with nice roots and not too much decay on them. You'll be doing your endo on them and you don't want bombed out teeth. Also 3rd molars wouldnt be good as is roots with severely curved roots

They recommend 10% bleach/water solution to store your teeth. Just make sure you have teeth with nice roots and not too much decay on them. You'll be doing your endo on them and you don't want bombed out teeth. Also 3rd molars wouldnt be good as is roots with severely curved roots

I should bring in mine after I get them removed since it appears that my 3rd molars have perfectly curved roots..

anyone send in their second deposit yet? :D

any people from california headed over to tufts ??

decided on tufts pancakes?

yeah cant wait to be a tufts jumbo! lols and put elephants on everything i own

Does anybody know the date of the first day of class?
Thanks

cool, thx Tinman

Hi! I have a room for rent in a 3 bedroom apartment in the Metropolitan (literally next to the Tufts Dental buildings). I'm moving back to CA and would ideally like to have the room rented starting June 1st (date negotiable). I have a bunch of furniture to sell too. The lease would go until the following August 31st (2010). The rent is $1175 and utilities run about $50 a month. The other two roommates are both Tufts Med students (a 2nd year and an incoming 1st year) and they are looking for another female to move in. The apartment is huge, laundry in the building, concierge downstairs, and very very close to school. Please let me know if you're interested!

Did you guys notice that the amenities for archstone is $750!! Is that per month or per year? YIKES.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Congrats on getting accepted to Tufts!! Tufts and Temple are the two dental schools which I REALLY want to go to. If you could please PM what Tufts adcom looks for in a candidate, I would really appreciate it! Oh, and could you also let me know what your sGPA was...People say the cutoff is a 3.0 (B) but some say its a 4.0 (A)...I also got a C in physics, but an A in bio and a B in 1st year chem. Do you recommend I retake the physics? Let me know please...Thanks!

Hi everyone. Congrats on getting accepted to Tufts!! Tufts and Temple are the two dental schools which I REALLY want to go to. If you could please PM what Tufts adcom looks for in a candidate, I would really appreciate it! Oh, and could you also let me know what your sGPA was...People say the cutoff is a 3.0 (B) but some say its a 4.0 (A)...I also got a C in physics, but an A in bio and a B in 1st year chem. Do you recommend I retake the physics? Let me know please...Thanks!

I got a C in Physics and got into Tufts. Does that answer your question? ;)

Physics-A: C
Physics-B: Dropped twice before I got a B
Physics-C: A

Also had a few C+ and B- grades in chem.

I got into Tufts.. :p

Btw, 4.0 cutoff? rofl... We're not talking about high school grades right? :p

does anyone know for immunization records, if it is just one sheet of paper that we need to send back? the checklist that the doctor fills out?

does anyone know for immunization records, if it is just one sheet of paper that we need to send back? the checklist that the doctor fills out?

Good question. I still have to go over the immunization stuff. It's the last thing I have to do to guarantee my position in the class and I promised myself I'd get it done before going to Boston next weekend.

Congrats to everyone. I'm looking forward to meeting you all in September, and to starting an awesome dental school experience at Tufts. :D

congrats to everyone whos received acceptances so far

ill be a 1st year med student and am looking for roommates. anyone interested shoot me an message

-neal

can anyone give me a run down of this Immunization stuff...

I might not be able to have it done for 6/1...am I screwed?

Sabdul, just make sure you maintain a competitive GPA (3.5 and up) and you'll be fine. If you fall below that mark, retake some classes so that you can at least have an average of a B for the class.

Supraman, dude it really only takes one, yes ONE, day to get all your shots in order. I got five in one day. I did have to return two days later so that a nurse could visually see I did not have tuberculosis (standard protocol for the tb test). They, or you, can then fax it to Tufts and you'll be set.

To become immune to hepatitis B takes longer, but Tufts understands. As long as you are completely immune to it before before Sept. 1, they'll excuse it.

Edit: A rundown: Go to your university's hospital. They'll pull your immunization history. Show the nurse what Tufts requires from you. They'll go through the list and jot down what you need. Get those shots.

Ive been out of school but yea I banged it out all out, thanks, just have to go back Thurs for TB.

So, I cannot possibly get the Hep B titer form to Tufts by June 1st. Am I screwed? I have had the series of shots as well as the titer drawn but I just physically do not have the lab results for it. I was given a card with a phone number to call that just automated a message with the results. I can probably get it re-done though that would be a few days past the June 1st deadline. Any suggestions?