The Official 07/06/2012 MCAT Thread

Started by impact2d
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

impact2d

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm usually on SDN mobile and have been meaning to open this thread for a while. I guess I'll introduce myself first.

I'm somewhere towards the traditional side of the non-trad. I'm only 4 years out of undergrad, and am only a year older than the average med school matriculant-but I am a career changer who is married and completing my final prereq's post bacc (all finished in May).

I am using a hybrid of a few different MCAT studying styles posted here-but at the core it's most similar to SN2ed and the standard TBR schedule.

I am using TBR for Chem, O.Chem, and Physics (2012 edition). I am using TPRH and EK for Bio.

I don't really stick to the 1 chapter a day set up of SN2ed, I customized each chapter based on what my strengths and weaknesses were and how long ago I learned the topics in undergrad.

I almost always spend 2 days on Bio (this is the subject with the most "Content Gaps" for me) Oftentimes I can double up Ochem with Physics. Physics usually goes very fast, and O.Chem I find relatively easy compared to class (It helps that I just finished O.Chem 1, and am currently in O.Chem 2)

I'm also working part time and still in Ochem 2 and Physics 2, so studying full time is not an option until after May 4th, and even then I still have work. That is why I started at 4 months instead of 3, to try to get ahead since I know I will lose days over time.

I don't really do the 1/3's method in physics or chem. The books come with tests split into 3 phases and I prefer to just use it that way. After reading the chapter I do the untimed phase, a week later the timed phase, and am saving the final phase for review. I am not doing much TBR Bio in the early chapters-too much skipping around and testing obscure information I haven't reviewed yet. I know it's important to develop critical thinking, but I want to make sure I have the foundations down first. I stick to the EK in class and the TPRH science workbook. I will probably spend some time on TBR after I'm done with content review.

Also I use Chad's Videos like crazy, I watch them on fast forward and they really help give a quick overview. I wish there was a similar solution for Bio.

Well that's the rundown. Hopefully there are some people on here taking the same day. I know I can definitely use the motivation at times. My goal is to score >or=30.
Good luck!👍
 

You can sign up for another MCAT 48 hours after your last one. That being said I'm not sure if you can sign up for the 7/14 one because its so close, even if you could find a spot. You can't drop out of the exam 14 days prior, so I'm not sure if they let anyone register once you're in that two weeks before the test range. The test takers are already locked into it, so I would assume anyone trying to get in would be locked out. Not 100 percent sure though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who has submitted AMCAS yet? I think I'm going to submit tonight for AMCAS and sometime next week for AACOMAS, then try to take my wife on a little trip. We had our fourth wedding anniversary and we barely got to celebrate because of this test!
 
I need to change my expected MCAT date on all my applications before I submit, since I noted 7/6 a lot in my activities sections. Hopefully I can submit this upcoming week. I wanted to submit earlier, but oh well.
 
Overall I thought the test was fair. Obviously I was surprised at what content the physical sciences tested( expected that latter). Felt good about physical and ok on biology( my timing kinda stunk it up). However, timing really screwed me up on verbal and I believe that this will due me in for a retake( first two passages were actually really good, then after the 3rd and 4th, started rushing after looking at the clock and I ended up guessing on that last passage). That structure woulda taken forever to decipher so I ended up blindly guessing. I am very angry at myself because the bio covered my strengths since I am good at physio and I messed up on timing while managing to convince myself some right answers I had were indeed wrong.
Practices exams: 10-14 ps, 10-12bio, 7-9 verbal
Predictions: 11-13 ps, 8-10 bio, 4-7 verbal

Verbal alone will keep me from applying this cycle. I have a high GPA, but will not settle for D.O as it does not interest me. Will begin studying for an August date and will focus on Berkeley passages and purchases berkeley tests to answer questions more efficiently and will continue my debacle with verbal.
 
I actually voided my may 24th mcat due to burnout and anxiety( ultimately should have just cancelled). Looking back, I thought the difficulties of these two tests were pretty much the same( even though i didnt finish the may 24th exam i did look through it).This may seem like a "DUHHHHHHHHH", but it gives me confidence for a likely retake due to verbal alone. Since I have all the material fresh in my mind, I will focus on timed passages and purchase BR tests( Im pretty much out of AAMC tests with only 4-7 left). I will have to compensate for whatever verbal school I get with a peak bio and physical sciences performance.
 
For those who took the exam today, 7/6/12, did anyone else feel like it was really long, esp. verbal?? I seriously feel like I had to make SOOO many educated guesses?!?! I know some thought it was not bad, but did anyone NOT feel like it was a breeze?

YES! i think there was one other person who said something similar about the verbal...
VS is my weakest section but i am not terrible at it, and have been extremely consistent with it on all my practice exams. but for this, i have no idea if i just wasnt focused?? But i know that's not it because I read the passages carefully and thought they were easy/good reads - even the last one. But i felt there were so many questions that had 2 really good answers and i had to choose one. So i feel like 50/50 about my score. i did NOT think it was a breeze. rather, it was very stressful

PS - i thought the physics and chem were pretty straightforward.

BS - there was a lot of passage reading and inferences needed to be made; so i never feel super confident whether i answered correctly. but i didnt think it was Hard at all. the orgo section - not Difficult either but was not able to fully do out the work for some of the questions - i wouldnt have had enough time for other questions.
 
Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't understand that last passage during the verbal but I have a question.....how the heck are you supposed to answer it if you can't understand it and is it normal for there to be one almost incomprehensible passage like that (I've never taken one before)?

The rest were okay but that one was just BS. I've read scientific journals that are easier to understand. Anyways, people say you should read the economist but after checking the economist's site, that site is waaaaaaaay easier to understand than the passage. This passage felt like it was written by someone whose first language is something else and they're just using a thesaurus to come up with big words and have it edited all together.

The only VR practise I had was reading ExamKrackers but their tips were meh and they wouldn't have helped me improve my reading comprehension. I doubt that the other books would have helped either so is there a way to improve that (aka understand any of those paragraphs)?
 
I think each section had at least one passage that will make the curve similar to or better than the FLs.

Sent from my ADR6400L using SDN Mobile
 
Honestly I'm wracking my brain to remember the orgo heavy passages, because I don't remember them being that difficult overall... I remember there were one that just seemed impossible and I took a guess that I think I had a 50/50 chance of being right, but the rest were workable especially if you had time and referred back to the passages a lot. Then again I've kind of been serving as an unofficial orgo 1/2 tutor for my friends since last semester, and for the friends I have taking the MCAT alongside me (there's like 16 of us, no joke) so I might have just been a bit more well prepared...

My first MCAT had been orgo heavy too, and I thought it had been way worse because I felt like the orgo on it was not comparable to a practice test. Barring the increased difficulty and heaviness, I thought the orgo presented here was more comparable to practice tests in terms of topics.
 
Honestly I'm wracking my brain to remember the orgo heavy passages, because I don't remember them being that difficult overall... I remember there were one that just seemed impossible and I took a guess that I think I had a 50/50 chance of being right, but the rest were workable especially if you had time and referred back to the passages a lot. Then again I've kind of been serving as an unofficial orgo 1/2 tutor for my friends since last semester, and for the friends I have taking the MCAT alongside me (there's like 16 of us, no joke) so I might have just been a bit more well prepared...

My first MCAT had been orgo heavy too, and I thought it had been way worse because I felt like the orgo on it was not comparable to a practice test. Barring the increased difficulty and heaviness, I thought the orgo presented here was more comparable to practice tests in terms of topics.

I think there have been a number of people here who have said that they are pretty good at o-chem and they found the o-chem questions difficult. O-chem is definitely not my strong point so I'm not sure who to believe as to whether they we're actually harder than normal or not...
 
I think there have been a number of people here who have said that they are pretty good at o-chem and they found the o-chem questions difficult. O-chem is definitely not my strong point so I'm not sure who to believe as to whether they we're actually harder than normal or not...

Yeah that's why I'm a little worried, I might have underestimated the questions somehow and they were more tricky than they seemed... I didn't have as much time as I would have wanted to go back and review, no time at all really, lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
agreed. I knew what was going on in the experimentals, but im pretty sure time constraints forced me to rush some answers and Im bound to get some wrong(darn it). For example, on orgo, beside randomly guessing on one which would have taken forever to solve (yall know which one im referring to), lot of the questions id make educated guesses using common trends( better base, LG, nucelophile, solvent, etc). Still feel like there is a shot at a ten in bio, but im preparing for the worst in verbal.
 
I feel like the curve will be based on that last verbal passage, the last orgos for sure, the first ps passage which was something ive never seen before in my whole life, and maybe some ps questions distributed throughout.
 
I dont mean to be " cocky", but i found no difficulty with the first ps passage. If one studied the proper physics, I believe(well i could be wrong ) that the first ps passage could have been done very easily. I believe a couple of the calculation passage gchem questions were much harder than the first ps passage passage and this may be just me, but i relatively felt I knew how to get the answer, but felt as if info was missing or couldnt find the right formulas in time.
 
Again, the one "orgo" question that would have taken forever to solve within the time constraints made me chuckle. I would always devote 10-15 min on orgo exams to attempt to figure a question like that and it would usually not be enough. However, i believe f'ing up on timing really screwed myself at answering that question.
 
Again, the one "orgo" question that would have taken forever to solve within the time constraints made me chuckle. I would always devote 10-15 min on orgo exams to attempt to figure a question like that and it would usually not be enough. However, i believe f'ing up on timing really screwed myself at answering that question.

yea timing was a major problem for me through out the exam
 
Does anyone know of early assurance programs for non-traditional applicants? are there any where the MCAT is not required but the possibility of admittance through the e.a. program? Any helpful links for a list of schools?
 
I dont mean to be " cocky", but i found no difficulty with the first ps passage. If one studied the proper physics, I believe(well i could be wrong ) that the first ps passage could have been done very easily. I believe a couple of the calculation passage gchem questions were much harder than the first ps passage passage and this may be just me, but i relatively felt I knew how to get the answer, but felt as if info was missing or couldnt find the right formulas in time.

I get what you mean. I felt similarly, but it was designed in such a way to throw people off early in the test. Like I said one person at my test center was crying because of it. It was definitely not as tricky as it was made to seem, but I think the average person might have struggled with it significantly given its placement and style.

Sent from my ADR6400L using SDN Mobile
 
Does anyone know of early assurance programs for non-traditional applicants? are there any where the MCAT is not required but the possibility of admittance through the e.a. program? Any helpful links for a list of schools?

1776611_o.gif
 
I get what you mean. I felt similarly, but it was designed in such a way to throw people off early in the test. Like I said one person at my test center was crying because of it. It was definitely not as tricky as it was made to seem, but I think the average person might have struggled with it significantly given its placement and style.

Sent from my ADR6400L using SDN Mobile


If there ever was a physical science section that I could score a 14 or 15 on, this was the one and I didnt capitalize. The physical played to my strengths ( I studied a lot more physics cause i was weaker at that) and not doing chem calculation passages destroyed that ambition( by the time i figured what was needed to be done, time was nearly out). Oh, and as it turns out, I found the exact same questions in ek chemistry( fml) that i didnt look over. After physical I felt as if it was going to be a great day and proceeded to be before the third verbal passage( I managed to complete the first verbal passage with questions in six minutes and I decided to slow it down. I have never finished a verbal passage in six min before). By the third passage, I was not comprehending anything and this sealed my fate. Thing is, I primarily focused on verbal this prior month and improved, but still managed to choke on the real deal. Bio also played to my strengths, but i somehow spent too much time on discretes at the beginning and felt impaired when answering questions which I was knowledgable on. 😡 wanted to void after verbal, but after was not going to void after voiding on may 24th (should have cancelled instead) and since it does not matter any way because its too late in the application cycle.

So, any advice know on what to do with a human bio degree with a gap year? Im seriously considering switching my major to biomedical lab diagnostics to at least have a chance to obtain a job to pay off student loans during the year off. From what I understand obtaining research job is very tough and I do not have a ton of research experience like some others.
 
AMCAS telling you that the MCAT is not "curved" is like your Gen Chem teacher telling you "this class is not curved, if everyone does well everyone earns an A"

Its bull****.

They may not have a strict bell curve, but they make sure that **** lines up pretty damn close.
 
There was a very hard O-Chem question that while I knew I could do with some time (5 mins) since it was very fundamental and I KNEW it would be on the MCAT, the time it would have taken forced me to guess on it.
 
I honestly don't know what to expect.

AAMC: AVG 33 Range 31-35
AAMC 10 & 11: 33 with no section under 10
I feel like I may get sub 30. On all the practice AAMC I got all of the O-chem except for a few stupid mistakes and now I feel like I may have gotten most of the O-chems wrong. Was averaging 12 in BIO, 11-12 in PH, and 9-10 in VR

Anyone feel the same or had a similar experience where they got their AAMC average at the end?
 
Last edited:
I honestly don't know what to expect.

AAMC: AVG 33 Range 31-35
AAMC 10 & 11: 33 with no section under 10
I feel like I may get sub 30. On all the practice AAMC I got all of the O-chem except for a few stupid mistakes and now I feel like I may have gotten most of the O-chems wrong. Was averaging 12 in BIO, 11-12 in PH, and 9-10 in VR

Anyone feel the same or had a similar experience where they got their AAMC average at the end?

My range was similar (33-36), and I also had a 33 on 11 and never got any O.Chem wrong. I was averaging a little over a 12 in BS (13, 13, 10, 12). I think you will be fine. Honestly, the O.Chem wasn't hard conceptually, but if you would have taken time to do what we who took the test know you needed to do first to be sure of your answers you would have eaten up 15 minutes. You had to use your best chemical intuition, and with your practice test scores I'm sure you guessed right greater than 50% of the time on the hard passages. I think this will place you well within the 30+ part of the curve. As long as you finished and made educated (not blind) guesses I think you won't be too disappointed on August 7th :luck:
 
I just want to reiterate, unless you are a rare statistical outlier most people will score within 2 points of their FL average. IMHO The further away from the "bell" you are, the more chance of variation because the difference between two numerical scores becomes so statistically insignificant. e.g. those in the high 30's are only usually 3-4 questions away from the mid 30's and 1 or 2 good guesses away from the low 40s. They tend to see the most variability on test day.

Moral of the story, no need to panic or think about it every day. Enjoy the rest of your summer, hope for the best. If you end up needing to retake, then that's what you'll do. Cross that bridge when you come to it. One of my favorite thoughts, "Who by worrying can even add one foot to their stature."]
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to reiterate, unless you are a rare statistical outlier most people will score within 2 points of their FL average. IMHO The further away from the "bell" you are, the more chance of variation because the difference between two numerical scores becomes so statistically insignificant. e.g. those in the high 30's are only usually 3-4 questions away from the mid 30's and 1 or 2 good guesses away from the low 40s. They tend to see the most variability on test day.

Where did you find these statistics?
 
After the test I realized that a few of my orgo guesses were wrong, I know I made one mistake atleast in BIO. It was definitely a time issue with orgo. I'll be really happy if I get an 11 in BIO. I'm hoping for 11-12 in PH and a 9-10 in VR. If I retake early September will it be too late for this cycle?
 
Hoping to get August 4th date. I may have to register for a different test date and keep checking back until something opens up nearby and at my prefered location. I feel like kicking myself for not focusing enough on VR. I never had issues with that before. I was way to comfortable.
 
Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't understand that last passage during the verbal but I have a question.....how the heck are you supposed to answer it if you can't understand it and is it normal for there to be one almost incomprehensible passage like that (I've never taken one before)?

The rest were okay but that one was just BS. I've read scientific journals that are easier to understand. Anyways, people say you should read the economist but after checking the economist's site, that site is waaaaaaaay easier to understand than the passage. This passage felt like it was written by someone whose first language is something else and they're just using a thesaurus to come up with big words and have it edited all together.

The only VR practise I had was reading ExamKrackers but their tips were meh and they wouldn't have helped me improve my reading comprehension. I doubt that the other books would have helped either so is there a way to improve that (aka understand any of those paragraphs)?

Anyone? I really don't wanna have to go through another verbal passage like that again where I'm completely lost before I even get to the questions by not understanding what the passage is about.
 
So I've been going back and forth between outright panic and steady confidence in regard to the exam. Anyone else in that boat?

Here are my first impressions of the exam:

PS - There was one passage dealing with a topic that was only briefly mentioned in my physics course last year. And by briefly mentioned, I mean my professor announced to the class that we were just going to skip that topic in order to focus on other items for the final exam. As such, I didn't know any of the relationships or equations that I would need to answer those questions. I think I was able to figure a couple things out, but ended up blindly guessing on a few questions (and have since discovered that I guessed incorrectly!). And figuring out those couple items cost me a bunch of time, so I was rushed on other passages. I don't think my score on this section will accurately reflect my abilities in these areas. Overall, I was really surprised that so many topics that are supposedly MCAT staples (and which I focused on most in my studies) barely even show up on the July 6 exam. This section definitely did not play to my strengths, and I'm sure that cost me.

FL average on PS: 11
Predicted for July 6 exam: 9 - 10

VR - Verbal reasoning has always been a strength for me. I thought this section was fair and finished in plenty of time. Which was a good thing, because that last passage required a closer look. But I had plenty of time and only had one or two questions overall that felt kind of "iffy".

FL average on VR: 13
Predicted for July 6 exam: 12 - 13

WS - Yeah, whatever. I've always been a good writer, but I go through many drafts before coming to the final product. In the end, I hope I was just able to throw together two passable samples. But, from what I've heard, the writing sample is kind of an afterthought for most medical schools, so my performance here probably won't matter too much.

BS - I think I shot myself in the foot on this section. Organic chemistry is another one of my strengths, and so I jumped into those questions first. But, as mentioned by others in regard to the organic passages, several of the questions required way too much time to solve accurately. It's not that they were really all that difficult, but to find the solution in a timed situation like the MCAT seems kind of unreasonable. I lost a lot of time working through them and found myself very rushed on a couple of bio passages that should have been fairly simple. In the end, I found myself having to guess on a few questions due to time constraints. I'm sure that cost me points. Darn it! Also, I was really surpised by how experimental the passeges were. I didn't feel like the practice FLs contained that many passages with experimental data. I almost voided based on how I felt about this section of the exam, but decided to submit and let the chips fall where they may. Oh well, too late to change it now. The hay is already in the barn, as they say.

FL average on BS: 13
Predicted on July 6 exam: 10 - 11

Overall, I find it really hard to make an accurate prediction about how my score will end up. I've noticed through taking FLs that often times I would feel terrible about how a test went, but then find out I scored in the upper 30s. Other times I felt good about an FL, only to receive a score in the low 30's. So who knows...

In the end, I'm just hoping for a score in the low 30's. The average score for most medical schools' accepted applicants is a 30 - 31, so anything in the 30's will keep me competitive, I suppose.

I just hope I haven't totally misjudged my performance and ended up way below what I'm expecting! One thing is for sure, though... It is going to be a LONG 30 days waiting!
 
Anyone? I really don't wanna have to go through another verbal passage like that again where I'm completely lost before I even get to the questions by not understanding what the passage is about.

The strategy I use when I run into a really difficult passage is to try to break the passage down and comprehend some kind of message from each paragraph. The first few sentences of the paragraph can be good indicators of what the paragraph is about. Try to figure out what the author is saying. Do that for each paragraph and then put everything together. It usually gives you a decent idea of what the passage is about and how the author views things.
 
Who has submitted AMCAS yet? I think I'm going to submit tonight for AMCAS and sometime next week for AACOMAS, then try to take my wife on a little trip. We had our fourth wedding anniversary and we barely got to celebrate because of this test!

I understand where you're coming from with your anniversary. My wife and I had our 3rd anniversary in June and it kind of took a back seat to the MCAT, as well. (Sorry, honey, I'll make it up to you!)

I spent the week or two following the end of spring classes get everything squared away with my applications, both to AMCAS and AACOMAS, then submitted on the first day allowed. It was nice to have that out of the way so I didn't have to think about it heading into the MCAT. I've been notified by both application services that everything is in (except for the MCAT scores, of course). Now I'm just sitting back and waiting for everything to be processed (and for the MCAT scores to come in).

Interestingly, I received my first secondary app today (from Cincinnati). I hadn't been expecting that since my application is still marked as "Ready for Review" status in AMCAS, but it was nice to get that email and see that the ball is rolling!
 
Where did you find these statistics?

I'm not sure which aspect of my post you are talking about. If you are talking about the fact that the average person receives within 2 points of their AAMC FL average, several sources. 1) There was a poll on SDN given over the past several years that shows a bell curve, with +/- 2 being the top of the bell, and anything over being statistical outliers, although it was slightly more common to do 3 points worse than three points better, but still rare. 2) If I am reading this plot correct, it looks like this study showed that AAMC FL had a 75% agreement rate with the actual MCAT http://www.studentdoc.com/practice-mcat.html 3.) Finally the last part about your score varying more the further you are from 25, is just based on the way the curve works. Look at any of the AAMC curves and you'll see that 3-5 questions may separate someone from an 8 and 9, but only 1 from a 13 and 14. This makes it much easier to vary on test day if you are scoring 12+.

edit: I see you bolded the part you were referring to, the answer to that is bolded above
 
I understand where you're coming from with your anniversary. My wife and I had our 3rd anniversary in June and it kind of took a back seat to the MCAT, as well. (Sorry, honey, I'll make it up to you!)

I spent the week or two following the end of spring classes get everything squared away with my applications, both to AMCAS and AACOMAS, then submitted on the first day allowed. It was nice to have that out of the way so I didn't have to think about it heading into the MCAT. I've been notified by both application services that everything is in (except for the MCAT scores, of course). Now I'm just sitting back and waiting for everything to be processed (and for the MCAT scores to come in).

Interestingly, I received my first secondary app today (from Cincinnati). I hadn't been expecting that since my application is still marked as "Ready for Review" status in AMCAS, but it was nice to get that email and see that the ball is rolling!

That's awesome for you! Thank God for supportive spouses.
 
I think each section had at least one passage that will make the curve similar to or better than the FLs.

Sent from my ADR6400L using SDN Mobile

Here's how I see it:

This was my first time taking the MCAT, so I only have the practice FLs to compare against. But, on my first few practice FLs I was really struggling with timing and ended up blindly guessing on at least 1 entire passage on the PS and BS sections. I would have thought that would kill my score, but each time I clicked the submit button, I would be pleasantly surprised to see a good score (first 34, then 35, then 39). Even with the blind guesses, I would usually get at least a couple of questions right by shear dumb luck. So, in the end, I would only miss a few points due to guessing. It felt horrible, but guessing on a few questions didn't seem to affect the score much, overall. One passage just didn't make much of a difference.

My point is that we all feel terrible when get crunched for time and have to guess, and we think it's going to destroy the score. But as long as you were able to focus in on the items you did know and complete those accurately, a few points lost due to guessing is not going to knock you way down the score scale.

Like you said, the curve will take care of the guesses. After an exam of this magnitude, everybody feels that they didn't perform their best or got crunched for time on a passage or two and had to guess. But overall, I think we will mostly be pleasantly surprised at the way things turned out.
 
I got my chosen test date and location. August 4th. Now to work on Verbal. I will be back to congratulate you guys when scores are posted. Have a good summer!

Good luck!!


Wow it took me a lot to read/scan through all comments on test since I was avoiding all MCAT related things since test. I felt really terrible after test-I think it was because of pressure and stress on me for loong period of time.

Timing was my major problem in test although I was ok in aamcs. PS was ok for me but I think I will score lower than my practice tests.

VR- was easier than aamcs vr. I always struggle with VR but I have a feeling that ı did better than I used to (well my better is about 7-8 though)

WS- I also refer to SDN hehe- I am not sure about second sample though =/

BS- I thought I'm having anxiety attack or smt during BS. I was not able to understand what I've read. I took little break, tried to concentrate and tried to do my best. However I'm not really sure what I did (it may totally be disaster)..orgo passages were like alien to me...I read several times and I guessed blindly some of them. Well, I knew that orgo is my weakest so I was expecting that.

Overall, I dont have any expectation about my score- I'm always pretty bad to estimate. It may go anywhere. But I wonder it may be too late to re-take if I messed up. Therefore I will submit my application next week (I hope!), and then keep studying in case I need to re-take. I cant think about better alternative to do.. I think it's better than waiting a year more 🙁

there was a great, motivating post from Amphoterism- that made me little more optimistic about my test. It's gonna be really long 20-smt days.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mlkl, well you can always sign up for another date in August, and if you do well, then cancel. At least you will have a test date if you still want to apply this year.