The Official 07/06/2012 MCAT Thread

Started by impact2d
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

impact2d

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm usually on SDN mobile and have been meaning to open this thread for a while. I guess I'll introduce myself first.

I'm somewhere towards the traditional side of the non-trad. I'm only 4 years out of undergrad, and am only a year older than the average med school matriculant-but I am a career changer who is married and completing my final prereq's post bacc (all finished in May).

I am using a hybrid of a few different MCAT studying styles posted here-but at the core it's most similar to SN2ed and the standard TBR schedule.

I am using TBR for Chem, O.Chem, and Physics (2012 edition). I am using TPRH and EK for Bio.

I don't really stick to the 1 chapter a day set up of SN2ed, I customized each chapter based on what my strengths and weaknesses were and how long ago I learned the topics in undergrad.

I almost always spend 2 days on Bio (this is the subject with the most "Content Gaps" for me) Oftentimes I can double up Ochem with Physics. Physics usually goes very fast, and O.Chem I find relatively easy compared to class (It helps that I just finished O.Chem 1, and am currently in O.Chem 2)

I'm also working part time and still in Ochem 2 and Physics 2, so studying full time is not an option until after May 4th, and even then I still have work. That is why I started at 4 months instead of 3, to try to get ahead since I know I will lose days over time.

I don't really do the 1/3's method in physics or chem. The books come with tests split into 3 phases and I prefer to just use it that way. After reading the chapter I do the untimed phase, a week later the timed phase, and am saving the final phase for review. I am not doing much TBR Bio in the early chapters-too much skipping around and testing obscure information I haven't reviewed yet. I know it's important to develop critical thinking, but I want to make sure I have the foundations down first. I stick to the EK in class and the TPRH science workbook. I will probably spend some time on TBR after I'm done with content review.

Also I use Chad's Videos like crazy, I watch them on fast forward and they really help give a quick overview. I wish there was a similar solution for Bio.

Well that's the rundown. Hopefully there are some people on here taking the same day. I know I can definitely use the motivation at times. My goal is to score >or=30.
Good luck!👍
 
I sat for the July 6 exam but have yet to post my thoughts. Took some time off after the exam to just forget about it but inevitably wound up on this forum again. Here are my thoughts:

I thought the exam was HARD. More power to the posters who thought the exam was easy for them - that's fantastic! I felt the exam was very very tough in the sense that I had major issues with timing (something I have never experienced with practice tests) and ambiguity of the questions. I had to guess (almost blindly) on a good number of questions and that's what made me strongly consider voiding the exam. I finished AAMC 11 and 10 with about 10-20 minutes left over in PS and BS usually and finished VR on time. On the actual exam, I just finished the sections with little time to review questions carefully.

Here's my breakdown for every section:

PS: Was difficult in the sense that several questions could be narrowed down to two choices and either could be correct depending on how you look at it (obviously, I must have missed something since only one answer can be correct). Conceptually, though, I felt the material tested wasn't crazy or as abstract as I was expecting (based on previous testimonials on SDN). I'm glad it wasn't calculation heavy; however, I didn't like the ambiguity in many questions. I had a lot less time than practice tests to review the exam and I think that's what made me very nervous after finishing this section. The first passage was tricky but the passage was exactly the same as one that I had encountered in a practice test (although the questions were different).

Prediction: 8

VR: This section made me **** bricks. I felt incredibly comfortable with the language present within the passages; however, the length of the passages and ambiguity of the questions combined with the pressure of the test made me feel HORRIBLE. I understood the arguments but the questions, in my opinion, were ones you could easily narrow down to two or three choices and then make your most educated guess. I got caught up in one of the passages and got to the last passage with 6 minutes left. I assumed, like most practice tests, that the last passage would be relatively straightforward....well, you all know how that last passage went. I guessed on so many questions on this section that I felt like I bombed it even though the language of the test wasn't too difficult 🙁

Prediction: 3

WS: no one cares. I wrote about blues clues at one point...

BS: Discretes were either very straightforward or incredibly vague. Once again, ambiguity in some of the questions made me wanna second-guess myself. The biology-based passages were decipherable with proper passage mapping but some questions were still tricky. Then came the organic chemistry. I have always felt confident in my orgo - but the orgo on this exam was ridiculous (you all know which passage I'm talking about). I dunno how you are reasonably expected to do so much in such little time! I had to make some guesses on a few questions because of the time crunch. AHHHH. I have scored in the 13-15 range in AAMC tests for Bio almost always. I have no idea how I did on this test 🙁

Prediction: 7

I decided to score the exam (after about 4 minutes of just staring at the SCORE/VOID screen) because I really didn't want to resit and am praying for a miracle. My AAMC average was consistently 34-38 range with an average at 36. I doubt I even scored double digits on this miserable test...BAH 🙁

Congrats to everyone who worked so hard and are finally done! I hope you all enjoy the remainder of your summer!!!
 
I sat for the July 6 exam but have yet to post my thoughts. Took some time off after the exam to just forget about it but inevitably wound up on this forum again. Here are my thoughts:

I thought the exam was HARD. More power to the posters who thought the exam was easy for them - that's fantastic! I felt the exam was very very tough in the sense that I had major issues with timing (something I have never experienced with practice tests) and ambiguity of the questions. I had to guess (almost blindly) on a good number of questions and that's what made me strongly consider voiding the exam. I finished AAMC 11 and 10 with about 10-20 minutes left over in PS and BS usually and finished VR on time. On the actual exam, I just finished the sections with little time to review questions carefully.

Here's my breakdown for every section:

PS: Was difficult in the sense that several questions could be narrowed down to two choices and either could be correct depending on how you look at it (obviously, I must have missed something since only one answer can be correct). Conceptually, though, I felt the material tested wasn't crazy or as abstract as I was expecting (based on previous testimonials on SDN). I'm glad it wasn't calculation heavy; however, I didn't like the ambiguity in many questions. I had a lot less time than practice tests to review the exam and I think that's what made me very nervous after finishing this section. The first passage was tricky but the passage was exactly the same as one that I had encountered in a practice test (although the questions were different).

Prediction: 8

VR: This section made me **** bricks. I felt incredibly comfortable with the language present within the passages; however, the length of the passages and ambiguity of the questions combined with the pressure of the test made me feel HORRIBLE. I understood the arguments but the questions, in my opinion, were ones you could easily narrow down to two or three choices and then make your most educated guess. I got caught up in one of the passages and got to the last passage with 6 minutes left. I assumed, like most practice tests, that the last passage would be relatively straightforward....well, you all know how that last passage went. I guessed on so many questions on this section that I felt like I bombed it even though the language of the test wasn't too difficult 🙁

Prediction: 3

WS: no one cares. I wrote about blues clues at one point...

BS: Discretes were either very straightforward or incredibly vague. Once again, ambiguity in some of the questions made me wanna second-guess myself. The biology-based passages were decipherable with proper passage mapping but some questions were still tricky. Then came the organic chemistry. I have always felt confident in my orgo - but the orgo on this exam was ridiculous (you all know which passage I'm talking about). I dunno how you are reasonably expected to do so much in such little time! I had to make some guesses on a few questions because of the time crunch. AHHHH. I have scored in the 13-15 range in AAMC tests for Bio almost always. I have no idea how I did on this test 🙁

Prediction: 7

I decided to score the exam (after about 4 minutes of just staring at the SCORE/VOID screen) because I really didn't want to resit and am praying for a miracle. My AAMC average was consistently 34-38 range with an average at 36. I doubt I even scored double digits on this miserable test...BAH 🙁

Congrats to everyone who worked so hard and are finally done! I hope you all enjoy the remainder of your summer!!!


wow this is exactly how I felt. I am hoping your predictions aren't true because I feel like if you are scoring that high on the practice then u deserve to get that as ur real score.

I am definitely retaking but I worry that what's the point? won't it just be too late anyways for this application cycle?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you guys think the real reason is for it taking 35 days to get our scores?

Is it just the grading of the essays that takes so long? If so, then after the writing section is removed from the test, scores should come back much faster right?

Can you guys think of any other reasons a computerized test takes so long to grade?
 
What do you guys think the real reason is for it taking 35 days to get our scores?

Is it just the grading of the essays that takes so long? If so, then after the writing section is removed from the test, scores should come back much faster right?

Can you guys think of any other reasons a computerized test takes so long to grade?

I think they could move it faster if they really wanted to. But I believe part of the reason we don't get an instantaneous grade for PS/VR/BS is because the MCAT has a scale that changes based on what collection of passages and discretes are given. Experimental passages are graded and discarded from our scores, and the overall score is scaled to a normal bell curve so no one MCAT is harder than another (reasonably harder, at least). This takes time apart from the usual time it takes to score writing. Does it take 30 to 35 days? Doubt it.
 
wow this is exactly how I felt. I am hoping your predictions aren't true because I feel like if you are scoring that high on the practice then u deserve to get that as ur real score.

I am definitely retaking but I worry that what's the point? won't it just be too late anyways for this application cycle?

Yes I think it's gonna be late but at least provides better chance than not applying at all-if you're lucky enough imo it's still possible to get spot.
 
I sat for the July 6 exam but have yet to post my thoughts. Took some time off after the exam to just forget about it but inevitably wound up on this forum again. Here are my thoughts:

I thought the exam was HARD. More power to the posters who thought the exam was easy for them - that's fantastic! I felt the exam was very very tough in the sense that I had major issues with timing (something I have never experienced with practice tests) and ambiguity of the questions. I had to guess (almost blindly) on a good number of questions and that's what made me strongly consider voiding the exam. I finished AAMC 11 and 10 with about 10-20 minutes left over in PS and BS usually and finished VR on time. On the actual exam, I just finished the sections with little time to review questions carefully.

Here's my breakdown for every section:

PS: Was difficult in the sense that several questions could be narrowed down to two choices and either could be correct depending on how you look at it (obviously, I must have missed something since only one answer can be correct). Conceptually, though, I felt the material tested wasn't crazy or as abstract as I was expecting (based on previous testimonials on SDN). I'm glad it wasn't calculation heavy; however, I didn't like the ambiguity in many questions. I had a lot less time than practice tests to review the exam and I think that's what made me very nervous after finishing this section. The first passage was tricky but the passage was exactly the same as one that I had encountered in a practice test (although the questions were different).

Prediction: 8

VR: This section made me **** bricks. I felt incredibly comfortable with the language present within the passages; however, the length of the passages and ambiguity of the questions combined with the pressure of the test made me feel HORRIBLE. I understood the arguments but the questions, in my opinion, were ones you could easily narrow down to two or three choices and then make your most educated guess. I got caught up in one of the passages and got to the last passage with 6 minutes left. I assumed, like most practice tests, that the last passage would be relatively straightforward....well, you all know how that last passage went. I guessed on so many questions on this section that I felt like I bombed it even though the language of the test wasn't too difficult 🙁

Prediction: 3

WS: no one cares. I wrote about blues clues at one point...

BS: Discretes were either very straightforward or incredibly vague. Once again, ambiguity in some of the questions made me wanna second-guess myself. The biology-based passages were decipherable with proper passage mapping but some questions were still tricky. Then came the organic chemistry. I have always felt confident in my orgo - but the orgo on this exam was ridiculous (you all know which passage I'm talking about). I dunno how you are reasonably expected to do so much in such little time! I had to make some guesses on a few questions because of the time crunch. AHHHH. I have scored in the 13-15 range in AAMC tests for Bio almost always. I have no idea how I did on this test 🙁

Prediction: 7

I decided to score the exam (after about 4 minutes of just staring at the SCORE/VOID screen) because I really didn't want to resit and am praying for a miracle. My AAMC average was consistently 34-38 range with an average at 36. I doubt I even scored double digits on this miserable test...BAH 🙁

Congrats to everyone who worked so hard and are finally done! I hope you all enjoy the remainder of your summer!!!


Similar story with me too. I have consistently scored 36-39 (four times) in the AAMC practice tests and two weeks before Jul6 I also bought the assessment package. I score 25-35% above average in all of them. But the Jul6 exam was a big surprise. Time wise I never had a problem in finishing the passages but in the real MCAT I did not even have time to review anything. Any idea why it takes so long for AAMC to get the scores out?
 
So... anyone else get a score related dream yet? All I remember is getting a 19 and then waking up at 2am 🙁
Had my first MCAT score nightmare last night. I got an email saying that I got a 42 and I got super excited, but then I realized that the email wasn't from the AAMC. I logged into the MCAT THx and saw that I got an 18. 7 PS, 9 VR, 2 BS 😱

It wasn't funny in my dream but I laughed pretty hard when I woke up.
 
So... anyone else get a score related dream yet? All I remember is getting a 19 and then waking up at 2am 🙁
Yeah, I've had a few nasty MCAT dreams since the test. The worst one was that I got a call telling me that for some reason they were unable to score my exam...just mine, everyone else's was fine. So, because they couldn't give me a score, I would need to take the exam over. Then on my applications both scores got reported, with the exam that couldn't be scored showing up as a big fat 0 on all sections! Woke up and almost screamed.
 
I literally haven't hardly thought of the MCAT since I took it, every once in a while something will randomly remind me of it and it will make me laugh, Like when I was reviewing blood work at the clinic yesterday and someone had a condition that our test talked about I instantly remembered the entire passage and questions stems...I kind of laughed out loud for no reason. Probably looked pretty strange lol.
 
I literally haven't hardly thought of the MCAT since I took it, every once in a while something will randomly remind me of it and it will make me laugh, Like when I was reviewing blood work at the clinic yesterday and someone had a condition that our test talked about I instantly remembered the entire passage and questions stems...I kind of laughed out loud for no reason. Probably looked pretty strange lol.

I know exactly what you mean, randomly I get some cue and I'll remember a question or a passage that I had forgotten.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else worrying about the curve? I thought it was a hard exam but the initial post test reactions from other posters who thought it was very straight forward have me panicing a bit. I feel like only tests where there was a consensus that it was SUPER difficult have people being pleasantly surprised about their scores.

Essentially I feel like since I feel like I did horrible, I probably actually did horrible if others thought it was easy.
 
Anyone else worrying about the curve? I thought it was a hard exam but the initial post test reactions from other posters who thought it was very straight forward have me panicing a bit. I feel like only tests where there was a consensus that it was SUPER difficult have people being pleasantly surprised about their scores.

Essentially I feel like since I feel like I did horrible, I probably actually did horrible if others thought it was easy.

I think that the majority of posters here have agreed that each section was pretty straightforward except for a passage or two in each section which was pretty difficult (the first passage in PS, the last passage in VR, and the o-chem passages in BS). These passages may add significantly to the curve of each section.

On the other hand, I think that there have been a number of people here who thought the the test was overall very difficult, so you're definitely not alone there.

Also, something to keep in mind is that SDN seems to be full of top-percentile gunners, most of whom seem to score 34+ (believe me, I am not a super-stat guy and so I am also intimidated by the scores I see here). So, even if the majority of people here thought it was easy, it may be that most of them score really high, but that doesn't mean that if you found it harder you couldn't score 30+, it really depends what you're aiming for.
 
I think that the majority of posters here have agreed that each section was pretty straightforward except for a passage or two in each section which was pretty difficult (the first passage in PS, the last passage in VR, and the o-chem passages in BS). These passages may add significantly to the curve of each section.

On the other hand, I think that there have been a number of people here who thought the the test was overall very difficult, so you're definitely not alone there.

Also, something to keep in mind is that SDN seems to be full of top-percentile gunners, most of whom seem to score 34+ (believe me, I am not a super-stat guy and so I am also intimidated by the scores I see here). So, even if the majority of people here thought it was easy, it may be that most of them score really high, but that doesn't mean that if you found it harder you couldn't score 30+, it really depends what you're aiming for.


I agree with this. Also, is it weird I check this page everyday looking for other people's views? I'm sure we will all at least score higher than a 25 :luck::luck::luck:
 
I think that the majority of posters here have agreed that each section was pretty straightforward except for a passage or two in each section which was pretty difficult (the first passage in PS, the last passage in VR, and the o-chem passages in BS). These passages may add significantly to the curve of each section.

On the other hand, I think that there have been a number of people here who thought the the test was overall very difficult, so you're definitely not alone there.

Also, something to keep in mind is that SDN seems to be full of top-percentile gunners, most of whom seem to score 34+ (believe me, I am not a super-stat guy and so I am also intimidated by the scores I see here). So, even if the majority of people here thought it was easy, it may be that most of them score really high, but that doesn't mean that if you found it harder you couldn't score 30+, it really depends what you're aiming for.



I can honestly say that verbal was on par with with practice exams, but Im pretty sure I bombed it cause of mistakes with timing during passage 3 and I rushed thru the rest of the test( worst I have ever gotten on a verbal is a low of 7 and I managed to miss teh last 8 questions which seemed pleasant to what happened on test day). I completely zoned out while reading passage 3. I feel confident on ps that i got a 11/12 or at the very least double digits, believing that i missed 4-6 questions. I hope i am right that the first passage wasnt as hard as some made it out to be( section V physics 1 tbr) However, when biology came along, I already knew the damage was after verbal and im pretty sure i did worse than a ten, which is my all time low for biology. I must say, I believe now that it is useless to study content for biology(other than orgo) and that one must read and comprehend journal articles such as New England Journal of Medicine to do well on biology. All of us possess the biology content to do well and we are better off understanding difficult research articles under timed conditions. So much for the aamc giving accurate biology section depictions. Did anyone do mapping for the biology? Is mapping efficient and sufficient given the time constraints? There were too many genes and variables as opposed to mock aamc tests and I could not comprehend every piece of information. Given the time constraints, it was also hard to do some of the orgo questions.
In addition, I really dont see the curve being different from aamc's.
 
I have a quick question for my fellow July 6 MCAT test-takers! Do you guys think it is worth it to sign up for a retake on August 23 at this point in the application cycle? I honestly feel like 1 month isn't enough to ensure a more thorough understanding of the material, and I feel like getting your scores in late Sept will already put you far behind other applicants who are applying this cycle. Wouldn't it be better if the 2nd attempt was made like next year to ensure that you would have a better score? I just don't know if I should sign up for the Aug 23 test. I have no idea how I scored...the July 6 MCAT just seemed so difficult.

Any advice on retaking on August 23? Thanks!!! : /
 
I have a quick question for my fellow July 6 MCAT test-takers! Do you guys think it is worth it to sign up for a retake on August 23 at this point in the application cycle? I honestly feel like 1 month isn't enough to ensure a more thorough understanding of the material, and I feel like getting your scores in late Sept will already put you far behind other applicants who are applying this cycle. Wouldn't it be better if the 2nd attempt was made like next year to ensure that you would have a better score? I just don't know if I should sign up for the Aug 23 test. I have no idea how I scored...the July 6 MCAT just seemed so difficult.

Any advice on retaking on August 23? Thanks!!! : /

This really depends on the competitiveness of the schools you are applying to, and the strength of the rest of your application (GPA, ECs). There are people that get interviews and slots this late in the cycle, also you may be put on the waiting list. If you think that you can SIGNIFICANTLY improve you score in one month, I would say yes. But if not, wait and see what your scores look like and then decide if you want to continue this cycle or wait another year.
 
This really depends on the competitiveness of the schools you are applying to, and the strength of the rest of your application (GPA, ECs). There are people that get interviews and slots this late in the cycle, also you may be put on the waiting list. If you think that you can SIGNIFICANTLY improve you score in one month, I would say yes. But if not, wait and see what your scores look like and then decide if you want to continue this cycle or wait another year.


I would say you already know most of the material and teh only think you can really study for is o-chem/genchem and physics. I personally wanted to sign up for Aug 23rd, but I am mentally exhausted and I feel like im forgetting material. If you feel good, then it is up to you. Nevertheless, the test is still gonna be just as hard and if you dont feel at your peak, then i would not take it. I personally feel better than ever with verbal even tho I prolly scored liked a 4 on july 6th cause I zoned out mid way thru. However, I am not at my peak with physics/gen chem and o-chem. In addition, I have no motivation to start readying new england journal of medicine for biology. Again its up to you, but I personally feel like since they have already started inviting people for interviews and that no matter how well I do next month Id still be screwed while fighting for fewer spots.
 
I have a quick question for my fellow July 6 MCAT test-takers! Do you guys think it is worth it to sign up for a retake on August 23 at this point in the application cycle? I honestly feel like 1 month isn't enough to ensure a more thorough understanding of the material, and I feel like getting your scores in late Sept will already put you far behind other applicants who are applying this cycle. Wouldn't it be better if the 2nd attempt was made like next year to ensure that you would have a better score? I just don't know if I should sign up for the Aug 23 test. I have no idea how I scored...the July 6 MCAT just seemed so difficult.

Any advice on retaking on August 23? Thanks!!! : /


Have you been studying and doing passages? Do you know most the material? Do you feel you could peak? Are you mentally in it? You could be fine in my opinion for verbal and biology cause that is all comprehension. O-chem/gen chem/physics is gonna be the deal breaker. If your strong in these areas, then I'd say go for it. Previous Practice test scores at this point mean jack and its best by determining how you feel.
 
ok so lets start a tally:

type 1 if you thought the test was hard OVERALL
type 2 if you thought it was easy with just a few bad passages

Chem- Type 2( played to my strengths, no bad passages, just made a couple stupid mistakes and ran out of time on a couple calculations, prolly 4-5 wrong. that first one looked hard as f--- in the beginning and skimmed it, but i came back to it and i think i nailed it. only one question where i did not know wtf to do.)
verbal- Type 2( but i screwed it up cause i zoned out on passage three and i rushed thru the rest, idk what if any 3 hrs of sleep had to do wit it and not taking my 5 hr energy. Only hard passage was last one, but i for sure got a 4)
bio- Type 1( hard, very demotivated after verbal cause i knew even if i got a 15 on bio no one would want me with a s--t verbal score. passages were dense as f---, orgo wasnt that bad but considering the time and a couple problems i prolly sunk when trying to zoom past to get to the dense bio passages. in addition, wth was there gen chem in the bio section? like honestly, i wouldnt have had it rite without glancing over tbr 3 day prior. i honestly did not have the energy to comprehend what was going on in a couple of the bio passages( i was able to do teh physio one w/o having to refer to the passage. bio was by far the hardest section.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Random question/prediction. What is your guys prediction of what score getting 4-5 wrong on the ps? I am honestly thinking its more toward the 11/12 than the 12/13? I wanted to get a consensus, cause i thought ps was no harder than aamc's.
 
Random question/prediction. What is your guys prediction of what score getting 4-5 wrong on the ps? I am honestly thinking its more toward the 11/12 than the 12/13? I wanted to get a consensus, cause i thought ps was no harder than aamc's.

I think its a 12/13...11s are more like 41-45 correct, so a 47-48 is closer to a 13.
 
Type 2 all the way, I know I got 2-3 wrong on the first PS passage and its killing my nerves, but otherwise it felt standard. VR was same I just wasnt sure on that last passage, and I think I held strong on the orgo BS passages, I dont think I messed up too badly on them. Otherwise the test felt fine... I'm just worried how its going to play out, its my second time taking it and I dont feel like I'd be competitive retaking again so late in the cycle... feels like my last shot.
 
there is notification on aamc website saying they may need 6 weeks to fully process application. does that mean even if everything is submitted, they take around 6 weeks to transmit app to med schools?
 
You can go to the official verification thread to see what their average time has been this year so far. Of late, it seems as if they have been taking 4 weeks or less on average; however, they can take up to six weeks.
 
Honestly, I don't know if 1 or 2. Because we have a small sample pool on this thread it is hard to gain any meaningful knowledge. To me it felt like 2, but to many of the people in my test center it was definitely a 1. So much effects how people answer that question, especially personality. I mean if I think about it the test was obviously hard, but also I felt prepared so to me the only thing that I consider hard are things I felt unprepared for. I only felt unprepared for a few passages. Also, I would say for me I found the verbal to be harder than most people seem to be saying. The passages were very easy to read, even interesting at times, but the question stems were far more ambiguous than any of the AAMCs I took.

Expect the scale to be similar to the scale on the harder AAMC's, maybe a little better (due to the few hard passages). Also, consider the fact that the order AAMC puts the passages in is intentional and effects the overall difficulty. By starting everyone off with a hard PS passage, many people are thrown off of their game. Even if the rest of the section is straight forward, the average person probably doesn't perform as well do to concerns about the first passage. Same with the BS, most people probably felt they were on or ahead of pace (I sure was) until arriving at the last to passages at which point I realized I would have had to work way faster to leave enough time for these.
 
Last edited:
Ok guys, the latest numbers are in. Here's the most recent history of score release times:

Eastern Standard Time
6/21/12: 3:14
5/31/12: 2:10
5/24/12: 3:07
5/19:12: 11:16 AM
5/12/12: 3:06
4/28/12: 3:07
4/13/12: 3:05
4/05/12: 3:06
3/24/12: 3:16
1/28/12: 3:09
1/27/12: 3:11
9/08/11: 3:27
9/02/11: 3:12
8/23/11: 3:07
8/18/11: 3:11
8/12/11: 3:10
7/28/11: 3:15

Taking out the 11:16 AM and 2:10 PM outliers, the average score release time is 3:11 PM EST.

Now time to wait 2 weeks... 😳:xf:
 
You can go to the official verification thread to see what their average time has been this year so far. Of late, it seems as if they have been taking 4 weeks or less on average; however, they can take up to six weeks.


Just to add to the data pool, I submitted on June 25th, and I received my verification notification today.
 
They for sure have our scores already. Im sure the 30-35 days is just to give them extra time in case they really need it. It's annoying to think our scores are just sitting there...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They for sure have our scores already. Im sure the 30-35 days is just to give them extra time in case they really need it. It's annoying to think our scores are just sitting there...

I thought this exact thing today... I hate the stress waiting for scores places on me, its just constant rumination about the possibility of failure now... actual exam questions have faded from my brain. I love my friends but they are seriously unable to help relieve any stress I feel because all they can tell me is 'don't worry, you'll be fine.'

Granted I think that's all they can really do for me, so I don't take it out on them... 8 more days until we know...
 
This is the WORST. Everyone is always "I'm sure you did fine." I'm like, "how do you know? I didn't realize you were there reading over my shoulder the entire test!"

They cant help it, its all they can really say, they have just as little power as us in terms of actually knowing for sure if we did good or not.
 
My application is basically done. I'm wondering if I should submit now or wait a week and see what my MCATs are like. Could save me a bundle if my scores are down the toilet!