The Official 4/16/11 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SteveJMarist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't you say you ran out of time with three passages left on PS? I think it was good you voided dude haha

Ugh, that's what scares me, too. I had like 15 minutes left of PS at the end . . . I bet I went through too fast and blew the whole thing. Sigh.

I think I had 15 min left with 2 passages to go on PS. Def was pressed for time, but it was somewhat manageable. We'll see if I should've voided.

I think I had 15 min left with 2 passages to go on PS. Def was pressed for time, but it was somewhat manageable. We'll see if I should've voided.

Yeah, see, that's what realllllllllly scares me. I bet I should've been more pressed for time.

Oh, well.

Yeah, see, that's what realllllllllly scares me. I bet I should've been more pressed for time.

Oh, well.

Nah. I always did better on the sciences when I had time to go back and check over my answers. I did not have that luxury for either the PS or BS this time.

Nah. I always did better on the sciences when I had time to go back and check over my answers. I did not have that luxury for either the PS or BS this time.

Agreed. I used up every second for all the sections, and I do better when I have extra time on the clock. Oh well.

I hope my computer screen going black during the last passage of VR didn't effect my performance that much...I tried not to let it phase me..but you never know...VR is such a crapshot, I'm just praying for a 10!!!!

Agreed. I used up every second for all the sections, and I do better when I have extra time on the clock. Oh well.

I hope my computer screen going black during the last passage of VR didn't effect my performance that much...I tried not to let it phase me..but you never know...VR is such a crapshot, I'm just praying for a 10!!!!

You got the 10 in VR for sure. I'm confident.

Members don't see this ad :)
You got the 10 in VR for sure. I'm confident.

Thanks Steve. It kind of scares me that VR was okay though...I usually do crappy when I think verbal went decently. It usually means I fell for the traps :oops:. It also doesn't help that I talked to a friend the other day who said she felt confident after verbal and thought she got 10+, but ended up with a score < 6 on that section. Bahhhhhh

I'm so freaking nervous I can't do anything right now. I didn't even go to class today.

Thanks Steve. It kind of scares me that VR was okay though...I usually do crappy when I think verbal went decently. It usually means I fell for the traps :oops:. It also doesn't help that I talked to a friend the other day who said she felt confident after verbal and thought she got 10+, but ended up with a score < 6 on that section. Bahhhhhh

I'm so freaking nervous I can't do anything right now. I didn't even go to class today.

I typically do an OK job of judging the VR. It should be fine. I do a HORRIBLE job of judging BS, and usually decent with PS.

Just be glad you're not at work trying your best to avoid doing anything :D

I'm from NJ. East coast FTL. I'll get them last if they're strictly following a schedule instead of making them available all at the same time

I typically do an OK job of judging the VR. It should be fine. I do a HORRIBLE job of judging BS, and usually decent with PS.

Just be glad you're not at work trying your best to avoid doing anything :D

Hahah I have work in a little bit. So I'll be trying to avoid doing anything pretty soon ;). All of my co-workers know I get my score today though, so I think they'll cut me some slack. I'm gonna try staying away from the forum until I get back from work though, at which point scores hopefully would have been posted

Hahah I have work in a little bit. So I'll be trying to avoid doing anything pretty soon ;). All of my co-workers know I get my score today though, so I think they'll cut me some slack. I'm gonna try staying away from the forum until I get back from work though, at which point scores hopefully would have been posted

Well, good luck! I'll probably pop in to post my score and then be done, depending on the time.

I am in Spain right now, but I am from Davis, CA.

I have been checking the whole day for these scores. Hopefully they will be posted on their scheduled time.

Doesn't the update on the MCAT website on the top right tell you if they are available?

i'm creeping from the chicago suburbs haha. i've been looking at this thread throughout my mcat studying but i never posted. (i almost never post, i think i might have 2 posts to my name lol.)

but ahhhh these last few hours are killing me!! i just want to know already. i agree with everyone who posted: weird ps, ok verbal, hard bs.

good luck to everyone! i'm rooting for us all ;)

All I want to do is stay in my area and go to school in NYC. Is that so much to ask, oh mighty MCAT??

but ahhhh these last few hours are killing me!! i just want to know already. i agree with everyone who posted: weird ps, ok verbal, hard bs.

The whole test was hard BS. Sorry, couldn't resist. Perhaps going a bit insane over here.

Anyway, at work in rainy, foggy San Francisco.

I'm from Louisiana. My apartment might get flooded today actually! But I don't think so. They already opened the parts of the spillway they were going to today, so if it was going to flood I think it would've happened by now.

I REALLY don't want to have to take this test again...

Well, good luck! I'll probably pop in to post my score and then be done, depending on the time.

Thanks, you too!

Btw, since I don't have to leave for another hour and a half or so, I called AAMC about the updated release time. I've been on hold for 14 minutes. Theres only four people in front of me though....so idk why it's taking so long.

I need to find something distracting to do :laugh:

Thanks, you too!

Btw, since I don't have to leave for another hour and a half or so, I called AAMC about the updated release time. I've been on hold for 14 minutes. Theres only four people in front of me though....so idk why it's taking so long.

I need to find something distracting to do :laugh:

Keep holding! I've been getting worried that the non-update implies something is wrong with the system and we won't get our scores today.

I honestly rather have them postpone the release dates, It would really confirm
The fact that our PS and BS section was ridiculously hard and nothing like the practice aamc's, In my opinion. And that the curve has to be seriously readjusted for us 4/16ers lol

The fact that our PS and BS section was ridiculously hard and nothing like the practice aamc's, In my opinion. And that the curve has to be seriously readjusted for us 4/16ers lol

I refuse to believe they really needed the full month to grade this test.

Another lurker here, from Ohio/Louisiana. At this point I don't want to look. It was just so much more abstract that the practices. Hopefully we don't have to retake!

i'm creeping from the chicago suburbs haha. i've been looking at this thread throughout my mcat studying but i never posted. (i almost never post, i think i might have 2 posts to my name lol.)

good luck to everyone! i'm rooting for us all ;)

From Chi here too! Creeping in the city, but my rents live in the burbs!

Sitting at home in NC, ugly day out, trying to wait this out....thank god for this thread, or I would probably be going nuts.. 74 people viewing this thread, we def broke a record with this MCAT thread.

Yea I'm still kind of going crazy, but the thread is helping. We most def broke a record.

This is very true but I can not handle the thought of having to wait beyond today.

Ridiculous hold times, non-updated site....this all smacks of incompetence. I'm worried.

I took 4/9 and that update message your talking about didn't even appear until either after or literally right as the scores were posted. So, don't stress about it not saying 4/16 yet. Also, for the 3/26 group and the 4/9 group the scores were posted at like 2:00 - 2:10 CST

I took 4/9 and that update message your talking about didn't even appear until either after or literally right as the scores were posted. So, don't stress about it not saying 4/16 yet. Also, for the 3/26 group and the 4/9 group the scores were posted at like 2:00 - 2:10 CST

Thanks so much for the input. I was waiting to hear from a 4/9er- thanks again!

I just updated my FB status to how masochistic pursuing a career in medicine is. Think about it, this is just the beginning, boys and girls.

Thanks so much for the input. I was waiting to hear from a 4/9er- thanks again!

No problem. I understand what y'all are going through. I hope no idiots try to fake you out by saying the scores are up before they are because someone did that last week...not a good feeling to say the least

No problem. I understand what y'all are going through. I hope no idiots try to fake you out by saying the scores are up before they are because someone did that last week...not a good feeling to say the least

Yea, I saw that fool pull that move. I was upset and I wasn't even waiting for a score, so I can imagine how you guys felt.

Wow finally.
Nice lady answered the phone.

Me: Hi, I was jw what time scores are to be released for the 4/16 MCAT date

Lady: Right now it's scheduled for 5 ET

Me: Is there was any possibility our scores would be released earlier? On the website it says that the 4/9 MCAT scores were available after 3. Is there any possibility this is the case with 4/16?

Lady: As of right now, scores are still scheduled to be released at 5 ET. We haven't been notified about a change in score release time by anyone yet, but if it changes we will update it. The score release times vary by test date.

Me: And do you know what determines if scores are released earlier or later than the scheduled time?

Lady: I have no idea.

Bottom line: still 5 ET.