The Official 9/11/2012 MCAT date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nisarg2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

How is the studying going for those of you taking it on arguably one of the worst days in American History? Finished content review yet? Any FL?

Just wanted to do this so we could keep each other motivated.

Ok now back to studying :laugh:!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

^Nope, but I still don't understand how some of you guys have the balls to explicitly mention the content of some questions despite knowing full well that AAMC frequents these boards.

I'm not complaining, though. Sometimes questions I myself am curious of come up and I don't mind reading. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
^Nope, but I still don't understand how some of you guys have the balls to explicitly mention the content of some questions despite knowing full well that AAMC frequents these boards.

I'm not complaining, though. Sometimes questions I myself am curious of come up and I don't mind reading. :rolleyes:

+:cool:

Has anyone else gone to the 8/17 thread and read all their scores and tried to relate each one (minus below 30) to yourself?!

Exactly three weeks left! Stronger prayers and even stronger distractions are needed! Getting so restless already!

I have blocked so much of this test from my memory that it's actually worse for my sanity... It's going to be a long 21 days... :scared:

Also, in order to make sure I can't even forget about this exam for a minute, I keep hearing about people (in real life) getting back stellar scores. Which is great for them honestly, but keeps me in a panic.

Hope everyone's gotten time to sleep & do real-life things -- fingers crossed for the best! :xf:

Well, I feel dumb. I logged on this evening thinking, "Damn! I did a really good job on not logging onto SDN to talk about the MCAT! Our scores come out when, next week? Time flies!"

Then I realized, "Fugggggg....only ten days has elapsed..."

"It's going to be a long 21 days" ...indeed...

Is anyone else applying this cycle? I know. The timing is kind of a kiss of death.

I had 2 separate MCAT nightmares last night. The first, I really screwed up on physical sciences - I remember that every question was 5 star in difficulty and I have never seen those certain concepts before. I woke up and had a different dream, and then another MCAT nightmare. In the second one, I really screwed up in biological sciences (had to guess on the last 15 questions due to time running out - I remember I had specifically 20 seconds left). Wholey crap that was scarey. :scared:

It ain't over till you get your damn score. Ugh...

OMG this totally happened to me yesterday, except about score release. Dreamt that I got a 20O, although somehow the score was listed in a book or some crap like that. Even in my dream I was freaking out about retaking... :eek:

Also, I caved in and called AAMC today to make sure I didn't accidentally void -- they're really nice about it so if anyone is spacing about what they clicked you should give them a call!

I haven't had any MCAT nightmares recently, but I did dream that I got a 40Q last week LOL..............never gonna happen.

16 days left guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else feeling worse and worse about how they did as time goes on? I felt somewhat neutral after the exam (with the exception of verbal), but now.... :(

Anyone else feeling worse and worse about how they did as time goes on? I felt somewhat neutral after the exam (with the exception of verbal), but now.... :(

Lol, when I look at the other people getting their scores back I feel like based on my performance on practice tests I'll score a 21 or something.

Keeps getting worse and worse for me. I felt decent regarding the sciences after the test (and still do), but verbal keeps frightening me more and more each day. :scared: I just pray for a decent VR score....not even a good score, just a decent one..

I promised myself I would not come back on here until scores were released . . . so much for that lol!

I had a full blown panic attack during work yesterday thinking about my scores, totally agree with those who keep feeling worse and worse :confused:

I am so flipping nervous and the nightmares are a continuous thing ever since sept. 11th, on again off again :s

ahhhh can't come to terms with the fact that I can't do anything at this point!

keep me in your thoughts and prayers everyone, I really do not want to go through that hell again if at all avoidable, I will honestly be happy with something close to a 30 :scared:

For me, I feel worse and worse because I completely blocked out how I felt about each section after I finished taking it such that I really don't remember what my initial impression was....

As a result, I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic but there's that nagging feeling that I only feel this way because my brain blocked out all the bad parts

Reading the 8/23 thread with most people doing so well actually scares me more!

So I just had my first mcat nightmare.

Dreamed of getting a 37O (10 PS/13 VR/14 BS).

Woke up and then went back to bed, only to dream of getting a 26N (forget the breakdown).

wtffffffff. Really don't know what to expect. As more time goes by, the more optimistic I get. But mentally I'm trying to prepare for the worst (sub 30 or WS below O)..

I forgot about all this time, but I'm starting to get antsy now :X I wish I could just get my score, but not really...

I'm seeing all these posts with people getting like 3 or 4 points below their average, and that makes me super worried.

I'm seeing all these posts with people getting like 3 or 4 points below their average, and that makes me super worried.

wheree? :eek:

you should go read 8/23's thread, majority of the people exceeded their averages in there, but I'm not sure how that makes me feel :confused:

Not to be a debbie downer, but you have to keep in mind that people who score well above their average are more likely to post about it than those who scored a few points below... :(

What is with these stupid MCAT dreams? Had one in which I threw something at someone who was blathering on about MCAT scores.

To be fair, I'd probably do the same thing in real life at this point... :smuggrin:

Had another one last night. 8 PS/6 VR/13 BS M.... WTF! Don't think I did that good on bio and am hoping I didn't do that ****ty on the other sections..

I'm thinking about the scale these days and really hoping that this time you need only around ~30/52 to get a 8 in PS. A 10 in VR for ~29/40, and a 10 in BS for about 35/52. Otherwise I think I might need a retake lol...

Came back to post here, I'm getting kind of nervous, but I can't really do much about it :scared:

Felt good to say

So what are you drinking on the 11th? I'm thinking champagne if above 28, vodka if below.
Btw, fortune cookie says relevant uplifting statement. Perceive as universal sign of good score. Lol

So what are you drinking on the 11th? I'm thinking champagne if above 28, vodka if below.
Btw, fortune cookie says relevant uplifting statement. Perceive as universal sign of good score. Lol

Tequila above 36, vodka below. Either way, I'm drinking.

Every time I notice that the time is 9:11 i get all jittery and nervous.

Also, bureaucratic nonsense SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS [unrelated anger].

Verbal below 7 = LOTS of patron. I really feel that bad about verbal :( Plzzz prove me wrong. :luck::luck::luck:

Last edited:
9 days 22hour and counting!
I had a dream I got a 19!!!! :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile

I'm getting sugar drunk that day no matter what -- $4 cupcakes, here I come!

And I got a fortune cookie that said - "There will be big changes, but you will be happy" wtf lol.

Just submitted my Canadian app today.... wow..... fingers crossed that I get that 30 with nothign lower than an 8 and at least an O on WS... otherwise it's $300+ down the drain. :(

feel SO bad about verbal lol.

Just submitted my Canadian app today.... wow..... fingers crossed that I get that 30 with nothign lower than an 8 and at least an O on WS... otherwise it's $300+ down the drain. :(

feel SO bad about verbal lol.

OMSAS? I have $600 riding on it and 2 out of the 4 universities I applied to have a minimum of 9 in each section (N in writing) (U of T) and a min of 9, 10, 11, O in PS, BS, VR, and WS respectively (U of Western Ontario). It will totally suck if all the effort and $$$ goes down the drain!

On to the rest of the applications...ugh.

A couple days after the exam, all I could do was think about it. Then I somehow managed to keep myself busy, and I've forgotten about it these past couple weeks. But now I keep thinking about it again! Gahh....9 more days.....almost there everyone!!

Just read the 9/01 thread.. WOW (& congrats) to those who got like 5-6 points above their averages -- I know there's a bias towards posting higher scores, but still there were quite a few!

9 more days everyone -- we can do it! :luck: * trying to dredge up as much positivity as humanely possible*

Just read the 9/01 thread.. WOW (& congrats) to those who got like 5-6 points above their averages -- I know there's a bias towards posting higher scores, but still there were quite a few!

9 more days everyone -- we can do it! :luck: * trying to dredge up as much positivity as humanely possible*

No kidding! I'm hoping that's us next week :)

Do you guys think we might have had the hardest test administration this summer? Out of some of the other summer threads it seems like ours has significantly more pages than the others (due to venting about the exam), despite not having even received scores yet!

Do you guys think we might have had the hardest test administration this summer? Out of some of the other summer threads it seems like ours has significantly more pages than the others (due to venting about the exam), despite not having even received scores yet!

I think a lot of us procrastinated and ended up taking the last available test date

I think a lot of people took it because they spent the summer studying and aren't applying this cycle.

I think a lot of us procrastinated and ended up taking the last available test date

I took it that day because I made the decision to take it quite late (end of June, beginning of July) but I am still applying this cycle as I am Canadian and our applications still allow the scores from the September 11 test date.

I don't know about the rest of the summer but I voided the Aug 23rd exam and regret it now. I voided b/c I thought the PS was really hard but the other 2 sections were kind of easy and didn't want an unbalanced score. Versus, on the 11th, I thought all the sections were hard.

That's just my opinion on the difficulty levels. And it may be different for the rest of you, especially since I had to move to a different state b/w the two tests (thus my studying was disrupted). I guess we'll see in 7 days. Time def needs to speed up

I know I chose this date to get more time, and I'm assuming that most people either aren't applying this cycle or were re-taking a score from earlier in the summer..

With regards to if the test was more difficult, I'm not sure :confused: -- it seems like the previous threads had quite a few complaints, although I read more about painful bio sections than I did about verbal this summer at least..

Argh, who else is going to be in class when scores come out? I have been through the emotional gamut so many times for this exam that I just want it to be over :(

I keep trying to be optimistic that I will achieve my goal of 34+ but deep inside I feel I won't even be close. I feel i got like a 6 on verbal even though on aamcs I never got lower than a 10. This sucks. I barely remember any of the material needed So I feel I will have to start studying all over for January

Can't believe it's down to one week now!! I've seriously blocked my thoughts of Mcat from my mind... I don't even know what I would predict when scores come out.