The Official August 15, 2014 MCAT Thread

Started by axa5780
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

axa5780

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I'am signed up for this date. I didn't find a thread for August 15th, so here it is. Let's make this a fun experience, and hope we all come out the other end satisfied with our score.

Materials:
PS: BR Physics, NOVA Physics, BR Chemistry, EK 1001 Chem & Phys
BS: EK Biology, BR Biology, EK 1001 Biol
Verbal: EK 101, TPR Verbal

Extras: TPRH SW, WIkiPremed Flashcards & videos. All AAMC FL plus all Kaplan FL.

Lets do this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I finished class at 10 and have been doing nothing except going back and forth between this thread and the aamc twitter. I've also been google imaging mcat scores to "visualize the win" please give me my score....
 
I finished class at 10 and have been doing nothing except going back and forth between this thread and the aamc twitter. I've also been google imaging mcat scores to "visualize the win" please give me my score....

Would you prefer to see your section scores one by one or would you rather see the overall score first?

You can cover up your screen to do either of these.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which side should I place the paper on in order to accomplish this?

It looks like this:

Screen-Shot-2014-01-05-at-3.43.54-PM2.png
 
I finished class at 10 and have been doing nothing except going back and forth between this thread and the aamc twitter. I've also been google imaging mcat scores to "visualize the win" please give me my score....

Lol I've been doing the same thing. Back and forth from this page to AAMC twitter. Every time I see a new alert on here I think it's someone saying that scores are posted!
 
Good luck on Thursday @justadream !!

Been panicking through all of my classes all day. Have a three-page French essay due tonight that I haven't even touched because of nerves. Good luck to everyone!! I'm so incredibly nervous
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Definitely going to wait to look at my score until after my next class gets out at 4:45, no way I'll be able to sit through the entire thing if my score didn't turn out so hot
 
15 Aug 2014
8 AM
FL AAMC Average: 33
Predicted: 28
Actual: 32 (11/11/10)

I guess I just wanted to let anyone that took the MCAT know, you should be proud of yourselves no matter what. I takes courage to pursue a dream as difficult as this, to go all out for it (taking the MCAT), and sticking it out through all the crap. You should be damn proud of yourselves. If you are still an undergrad or even a grad student, look around today and remember all the people that quit or didn't have the guts to go after this like you did. That's commendable and you all have my respect.
 
Last edited:
Test Date: 08/15/2014
FL AAMC Average: 31
Post-test expected score: 30 (11/9/10)
Actual Score: 31 (11P 10V 10B)

Comments:

YESSSSSSS IT'S OVER HOLY MOLY IT HASN'T HIT ME YET BUT IT'S OVER!!!!

Definitely not the most generous curve, but I'm really glad I got a 10 in verbal because that's my highest. Thought I did better in PS and BS but not going to complain. Can't believe I'm posting this it all feels so surreal. Thank you all for being my therapy group and allowing me to vent my craziness. I can't tell you how many times people told me "I'm sure you did fine" and I just roll my eyes (in my head). Only y'all understand the pain we had to go through. It's over it's over it's over. I genuinely hope that everybody gets the score they want, because it's the score you deserve. Congratz to everyone!
 
Last edited:
27 (7/10/10) pff, i cant describe how i feel; upset because i fell i should have done better but considering this is my third trial, i'm quite content
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AAMC average: 26
predicted 21-31
Actual 22 (6,7,9) - VR,PS,BS

Very disaapointed but i have being preparing myself for such a low score for a while now. so I guess I will be preparing to take it in Jan