The Official August 9, 2013 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IL Pre Med

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just started studying today. Anyone else with me?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, so no one responded to my video on the Humor/meme thread... but I spent all morning making this so I want to share it with people!

Feel free to post it on FB! im trying to get a lot of views haha

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvKLvQ-RSWs[/YOUTUBE]

Okay, so no one responded to my video on the Humor/meme thread... but I spent all morning making this so I want to share it with people!

I want 30 seconds of my life back.

You're really hoping for Tuesday to come sooner, huh

Members don't see this ad :)
Calm down, guy. No reason to be upset

...I wasn't upset in the least. I just wanted 30 seconds of my life back because I didn't get what was going on in the video at all.

I'm sure the others who watched the video (including ComplexNapoleon, who made it) got real kicks out of it because it was funny. I didn't get it at all. I am thus allowed to express my opinions without any further insinuation that I was upset at all. I would have a BP of 190/130 if things like that were enough to upset me in life.

...I wasn't upset in the least. I just wanted 30 seconds of my life back because I didn't get what was going on in the video at all.

I'm sure the others who watched the video (including ComplexNapoleon, who made it) got real kicks out of it because it was funny. I didn't get it at all. I am thus allowed to express my opinions without any further insinuation that I was upset at all. I would have a BP of 190/130 if things like that were enough to upset me in life.

Nah, I didn't think it was good, either. I am, however, desperately insecure and will do anything for any kind of attention (positive or negative.)

I didn't even actually take the MCAT, I just pretended to so I could talk to people on this forum.

if you're dropping the base, then the titration curve is backwards lol. funny video though

Lol you sir...have time in your hands. Well, if this is the way you blow of steam, I suppose you will be making many more in med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, I didn't think it was good, either. I am, however, desperately insecure and will do anything for any kind of attention (positive or negative.)

I didn't even actually take the MCAT, I just pretended to so I could talk to people on this forum.

Ha. Sarcasm.

Not even gonna bother telling people to relax because I can't remember the last time I was this restless.

Gimmegimmegimmescore

Not even gonna bother telling people to relax because I can't remember the last time I was this restless.

Gimmegimmegimmescore

lol same. I just hope you're right about the poor correlation between post-test feelings and actual scores :scared:

Somebody post "it's the final countdown" with GOB doing magic tricks. I would, but I'm on my phone.

Got my trial score back: 72% on biochem. Getting a bit nervous for this release gaaaah

Hang in there bro!

What do you mean by 72% on biochem? I got an email and this is all it said:

You answered 50% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the top half as compared to others who received the same Trial Section questions as you.

There's no other information on THx either.

Hang in there bro!

What do you mean by 72% on biochem? I got an email and this is all it said:

You answered 50% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the top half as compared to others who received the same Trial Section questions as you.

There's no other information on THx either.

...he means that he got 72% of the questions correctly while you only got 50% of the trial questions correctly. C'mon, bro...

Pretty excited for scores to come out. I end class tomorrow at 3:20, so scores will be out then. Gonna go upstairs in the building I'll be in and find an empty seminar room to check whilst checking/posting in SDN.

That way people won't be scared by the stomping and shouting and throwing things and God knows what other activity I'll be partaking in after I see my score (which I'm pretty confident will be satisfactory, though to varying degrees). Maybe streaking??!?!?!???

...he means that he got 72% of the questions correctly while you only got 50% of the trial questions correctly. C'mon, bro...

Well he specifically stated biochem, brah... I don't know what your trial section was like but mine had zero biochem and was basically a second verbal section.

Well he specifically stated biochem, brah... I don't know what your trial section was like but mine had zero biochem and was basically a second verbal section.

That just means he got the biochem trial section while you got the psych/socio trial section. There are two different types of trial sections, did you know that? (Obviously not, I guess...)

Pretty excited for scores to come out. I end class tomorrow at 3:20, so scores will be out then. Gonna go upstairs in the building I'll be in and find an empty seminar room to check whilst checking/posting in SDN.

That way people won't be scared by the stomping and shouting and throwing things and God knows what other activity I'll be partaking in after I see my score (which I'm pretty confident will be satisfactory, though to varying degrees). Maybe streaking??!?!?!???

Our scores are already determined. Our scores tommorrow determine our next line of action. God willing.

I may be wrong as I don't have good eye sight.......and am miles away from where you are at...but it looks like you have SMILE on your face..........(cut it out, will you?)

Didn't you say you voided your exam?

I'm also excited about the release. I felt really good about all three sections, but, when I feel really good, I start feeling really nervous.

I hope I nailed that verbal. It's gonna be like, get two wrong and get a 9, or some impossible mess like that lol.

Well, it would appear that the 31st day is the straw that breaks the camels back. Yesterday I was eagerly awaiting my scores; ready to submit the rest of my applications. Today I've decided I'm going to move to Lancaster and become a blacksmith.

Well, it would appear that the 31st day is the straw that breaks the camels back. Yesterday I was eagerly awaiting my scores; ready to submit the rest of my applications. Today I've decided I'm going to move to Lancaster and become a blacksmith.

I have relatives in Lancaster. They are the only non-Amish in a two-mile radius. They work as potters. It's a quaint little town!

what time are scores released tomorrow?

and what is the page layout going to be? hahah i want to know exactly what to expect. like where will the overall score be and where are the individual section scores on the web page.

I have been searching all over and found a bunch of different info on what time scores are generally released which leads me to think that the specific time is varied? for those of you who have been around longer is there a time they are generally released? It seems the most common result I found was you get an email at 11:30am and then theyre up by noon.

Can anyone elaborate?

Get the official Twitter app, follow AAMC's twitter, receive notification for their tweets. When they upload, you will be getting instant notification.

Get the official Twitter app, follow AAMC's twitter, receive notification for their tweets. When they upload, you will be getting instant notification.

I dont twitter/tweet/****. Also, not conforming to twitter just for MCAT scores. I'll just check back bi or tri hourly after 11am.

lol relax, you don't need an account to check MCATs tweets. I've got class at 3:30, not sure if I should check before or after :/

I got a question for you: Which goes faster, last month of studying for MCAT or waiting for the score?

I have been searching all over and found a bunch of different info on what time scores are generally released which leads me to think that the specific time is varied? for those of you who have been around longer is there a time they are generally released? It seems the most common result I found was you get an email at 11:30am and then theyre up by noon.

Can anyone elaborate?

The variation in time is probably due to people speaking in their own time zones and not clarifying which time zone they are in.

Consistently on every MCAT thread (well over 20) I have read, the scores are out at around 1515–1520 EST/EDT (standard vs. daylight; we are in the latter now).

You do not get an email. The only formal notification is AAMC's Twitter account.

I got a question for you: Which goes faster, last month of studying for MCAT or waiting for the score?

Haha that's a cheesing question to ask. I'd say the last week or so of waiting for the score is brutal though.

lol It's gonna feel longer for me because my school doesn't start until the 23rd -_- I need school work to keep my mind off the MCAT.