****The Official Columbia Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thanks for starting this thread. I already paid my $75 to Columbia. However, my transcript has yet to be received by AADSAS. Should I have my 3rd science professor send his letter with my AADSAS number to [email protected] now?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck fam! For anyone stressing out later on in this thread, I didn't get an interview invite until February (was one of the last 2 interview groups) and I got accepted in March. Anything can happen!

When did you e-submit and may I ask yor stats and EC's?
 
Attention applicants... DO NOT EAT A LARGE BREAKFAST BEFORE THE INTERVIEW. SAVE YOUR APPETITE FOR THE LUNCH BUFFET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1 best food I had at any of my interviews bar none.


When did you e-submit and may I ask yor stats and EC's?

I esubmitted 7/31 so I was somewhat late compared to most SDNers. This may partly be a reason why I got late interviews. Also, my stats were not amazing so that could be another reason. 21AA/22PAT | 3.33 GPA | great extracurriculars, amazing research (published co-author in high end journal) + great shadowing/volunteering hours, "7" total LORs (5+cover letter and then 1 extra submitted electronically from a dentist I shadowed).
 
Does anyone know if the review applicants before they have everything complete? I won't have my 3rd science rec til september but everything else is complete. Am I just tossed to the side until they receive the last letteR?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It varies by applicant , average accepted AA and TS is around 22-23 and gpa around 3.6-3.7 but you have to remember they really do try to have a very holistic approach to applicant viewing and or screening , extracurricular hold some weight and other non stat app portions are also viewed with a decent amount of weight , nothing is guaranteed regardless of stats and anyone with decent stats on par with the level of accepted students from years past stands a chance , or so it would seem


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Hi
Thanks for giving me that info. Based off a snapshot of my stats, do you think you could give me an idea if I would be invited for an interview?
DAT: AA-21 TS-22 GPA -3.89 Science GPA-3.89 Non-science GPA - 3.9
I have extracurriculars working in hospitals, medical clinics, 90 shadowing hours and running 2 school clubs.
 
Hi future dentists, I apologize if my question doesn't relate to this thread, but how long did it take for your status to change under School Decisions after you e-submitted and paid the supplemental fee?

Thank you so much!
 
Hi future dentists, I apologize if my question doesn't relate to this thread, but how long did it take for your status to change under School Decisions after you e-submitted and paid the supplemental fee?

Thank you so much!
I e-submitted on 6/6, paid the fee two days later, and my status was not changed to "under review" until 7/1. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview on the 23rd as well! Notified yesterday morning and confirmed today. Yay Columbia!!!
Notification date: 7/29/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Virginia
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/16
Application complete date: 6/17/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/25/19/none
 
Interview on the 23rd as well! Notified yesterday morning and confirmed today. Yay Columbia!!!
Notification date: 7/29/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Virginia
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/16
Application complete date: 6/17/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/25/19/none
When you got the email, did they give you a set of dates to choose from? Or did you have to call in to find out which days were being offered?
 
if you apply in the first couple of batches and don't get an interview invite (high stats i.e. DAT 23+) does that mean that you probably wont hear back from them? 🙁