Jun 26, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I’m so mad. They just posted my eval for my first rotation and I don’t even have a chance of honoring my IM 1 rotation and we don’t have a high pass. My stupid school requires us to make a 4.5 average or greater in any competency assessed to honor a rotation. And my preceptor put that I gave feedback to interns/residents/preceptors more than half the time (4) instead of almost always (5), which (in addition to my other 5 and 4) nets me a 4.3 in that competency since it only has three domains. Most of the other competencies I have solid 5s on, and I got beyond excellent feedback during this rotation from everyone I interacted with. Literally only got four 4s across all categories and competencies, but two happened to be in a competency that only had three items, so... :bang:

I’m not mad at the preceptor at all - I’m mad we’re supposed to be giving the preceptors, residents, and interns feedback 100% of the time. Are you guys constantly critiquing everything your preceptor/resident/intern does? Because, you know, I have a sense of self-preservation, and the person that does that is a jerk and is going to get a bad eval in the professionalism department for being *that* guy LOL

At least I have a chance to honor IM 2 if I do well on the comat, since all I can do is pass IM 1 now.

About the Ads
May 13, 2016
Status
  1. Medical Student
I’m so mad. They just posted my eval for my first rotation and I don’t even have a chance of honoring my IM 1 rotation and we don’t have a high pass. My stupid school requires us to make a 4.5 average or greater in any competency assessed to honor a rotation. And my preceptor put that I gave feedback to interns/residents/preceptors more than half the time (4) instead of almost always (5), which (in addition to my other 5 and 4) nets me a 4.3 in that competency since it only has three domains. Most of the other competencies I have solid 5s on, and I got beyond excellent feedback during this rotation from everyone I interacted with. Literally only got four 4s across all categories and competencies, but two happened to be in a competency that only had three items, so... :bang:

I’m not mad at the preceptor at all - I’m mad we’re supposed to be giving the preceptors, residents, and interns feedback 100% of the time. Are you guys constantly critiquing everything your preceptor/resident/intern does? Because, you know, I have a sense of self-preservation, and the person that does that is a jerk and is going to get a bad eval in the professionalism department for being *that* guy LOL

At least I have a chance to honor IM 2 if I do well on the comat, since all I can do is pass IM 1 now.
I've never given feedback that was not some form of "everything is perfect I really enjoy how much you've helped me grow as a physician yadda yadda" because I also have a strong self-preservation drive.

sunshinefl

All Gold Everything
Lifetime Donor
Jul 28, 2014
The Swamp
Status
  1. Medical Student

I feel you. I’ve had a couple passes even when they thought I would get honors due to them giving me two 4s in a 3 item domain, even if they were my only 4s. They read the top and thought 4.5+ average across all domains would be honors. And for a while at the beginning of the year I thought so too until my first eval grade posted.

Reactions: calivianya

Deecee2DO

Medical Student
Mar 28, 2015
New Jersey
Status
  1. Medical Student

Thats soo annoying. Damn im sorry. At least you still have IM 2! Did you want to do IM i forget

fldoctorgirl

M3 transplanted from the beach to the midwest
Feb 13, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
Um, what? I don't critique my preceptor/resident, I wouldn't even think that would be expected. The only feedback I give is thank you or I appreciate you taking the time to show me xyz. I would never critique them, that is a weird competency.

fldoctorgirl

Feb 13, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
Got a really good eval from peds even though I felt like I didn't do much the entire month.

Still don't have either of my surgery evals even though they were 2+ months ago....like, they probably don't even remember me by now

May 13, 2016
Status
  1. Medical Student
Whelp Surg COMAT is done. No idea how I feel lol. Always seems like they leave out information or decide to use totally different terminology. Probably the most liberal I've ever been with the Flag button before.

First weekend totally off from cards and everything in two months. My COVID isolation is done too. I'm gunna go caving.

Deecee2DO

Medical Student
Mar 28, 2015
New Jersey
Status
  1. Medical Student
Yeah, either IM -> pulm/crit or rads. So it's extra annoying.

One of my preceptors also gave me amazing compliments, so I had really thought I was gonna honor this one.
I wouldnt worry too much tbh! You have high board scores plus good evals/comments. Thats mad frustrating though. PCC and rads are great fields. Assuming youd be applying to uni/academic IM places

Reactions: sunshinefl
May 13, 2016
Status
  1. Medical Student
did anyone take level 1 comlex last year and have issues with rescheduling due to covid and their eligibility ending June 30th? I want to take level 2 it in June when I have dedicated but after the mess of this year I'm a bit nervous, even though I know things should be back to normal

fldoctorgirl

Feb 13, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
did anyone take level 1 comlex last year and have issues with rescheduling due to covid and their eligibility ending June 30th? I want to take level 2 it in June when I have dedicated but after the mess of this year I'm a bit nervous, even though I know things should be back to normal
I believe they extended eligibility too like USMLE. Knowing NBOME, though, they may require you to fork over the extra $15.

I wouldn't really worry about this regardless. Most testing sites are up to full capacity testing even now. I don't see there being significant issues by June/July of next year (hopefully). I registered for a June date during our dedicated.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads