the OFFICIAL countdown to feb 28 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Funky

This space is for sale
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter today about voiding my score because of my verbal reasoning.
What it also said is "You may expect your scores on or about February 28".

22 days to go until the big day!

good luck everyone :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Since the scores for both the Jan 27 and Jan 29 test are coming out on the same day (Feb 28), are these tests being put on the same curve or are the Jan 27 testers curved against only Jan 27 testers and Jan 29 testers with Jan 29 testers?

Just imagine. Somewhere out there, there is a vault (or hard drive) with all our scores in there. :eek:

Just imagine. Somewhere out there, there is a vault (or hard drive) with all our scores in there. :eek:

*cue mobster background music*
So I know a guy, who knows this guy, who supposedly knows a guy that used to, lets say, "gain access" to remote computer systems. I'm not saying, I'm just saying that if someone such as yourself needed to see his scores a couple days early, what do you think that would be worth to him? Hypothetically speaking of course?
*fade mobster background music*

LOL

The AAMC is into drama. As bad as this is I'm sooooo not looking forward to match day: standing in the medical school lobby with all of my classmates opening our letters together. I don't want to be the guy crying in the corner because I matched in Timbuktu. At least with the MCAT I can get the news privately.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes i was one of the unlucky ones. I signed up for April but i really really don't want to go through it again. Isn't it enough that I suffered an unnecessary mistake the first time? I swear if i get below my expected, I'm going to demand they raise my score 2-3 points! SO freaking close now

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:D 2 days, 2 days, 2 days, 2 days!!! :eek: All I can do is try to keep my mind off it. If I start thinking about it my heart goes pitter-pat awfully fast. There's no way I'm sleeping tonight.

I heard scores usually come out around 10pm the night before the posted day. Is that true? Think they'll come out tomorrow night?

I had a dream this weekend that I got a 40 on the exam- I was sooooo excited... until I realized that in my dream my score break down was a 20, 10, 10..... if only that was possible!!!!!

What do you think Freud would say.......

He would say that means you want to have sex with your mother, that's all he ever said about anything.

Is there any chance they'll release the scores today...? Rumor has it they may post around noon anyone else hear this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't mean to clutter, but if any of you folks out there who get scores back would be so kind, could you please post the the difference between your actual score and the scores predicted by Kaplan, TPR, EK, etc. The actual scores would be useful, but this will be the first real dataset for the CBT so it will be a good idea to get a guage on the variance.

thanks!

In previous times, they posted messages like "scores will be up by 10PM", so I wouldn't expect to see the scores right away.

The good news is that these teasing messages were posted at about 5-6PM on the day of the release (for the April 2006 exam). So there's still hope for today :)

why would they hold the scores away from us. It was probably graded a few hours after the exams were taken.

why would they hold the scores away from us. It was probably graded a few hours after the exams were taken.

they did have to figure out what to do about the verbal glitch, plus grade the writing samples. we do have it better than the paper/pencil exam people who had to wait 60 days...

Gee golly, with 12 replies (now 13 :D ) to this thread, I thought that the scores were somehow released by now. Darn.

Ah well, I guess if they *truly* were released already, this thread would have more like 120 replies within the first hour. :smuggrin:

Also, I will be starting two threads for you to post "what are my chances" in pre-allo and pre-osteo. Please use this thread as all other threads will be merged into the one thread.

This also serves as a warning to remind you guys fake threads stating "SCORES ARE UP" will give you an automatic post hold for one week.

Also, I will be starting two threads for you to post "what are my chances" in pre-allo and pre-osteo. Please use this thread as all other threads will be merged into the one thread.

This also serves as a warning to remind you guys fake threads stating "SCORES ARE UP" will give you an automatic post hold for one week.

gotta love the 'what are my chances' threads :D

When I saw this thread my pulse rate shot up....still feeling weak...is it really tomorrow for Jan27??

:luck: :luck: good luck to all the jan test takers for the score release tomorrow!:luck: :luck:

Dear AAMC,

Come on already. RELEASE THE SCORES! You don't need to wait until the arbitrary "release date." We know you've had the scores for a while and that you probably already have the scores uploaded. The best thing you can do after the verbal mistake is to release the scores early. I'm just saying throw us a bone. My family is about to break under the weight of my anxiety. Don't do it for me. Do it for my kids.

Sincerely,
Cpt. Fantastic

This is cruel and unusual punishment. I'm trying to study for an inorganic chemistry midterm, but I keep thinking "Maybe the scores are up now" and I have to go check.

Yea I'm not sure if I can take this anymore... it is the night of the 26th, the scores are supposedly released on the 28th but typically released one or two nights before, meaning either TONIGHT or tomorrow night! Wow please just put the scores up I'm too anxious to do anything else right now other than keep checking thx to see if its up!

they changed the expected release date from the 26th to the 28th (you can even recheck the pdf). but how knows? maybe it will come on the 27th. i remember the August 2006 MCAT release was supposed to come out on friday but instead came out on thursday night around 10PM ET.

when i was waiting for my august '05 scores, the website was updated with statements saying "...scores will be released at 10pm..." etc....something that indicated the page was being updated..

now, i don't see anything

I have a gut feeling that they are not going to be up until well into the 28th. I mean like noon or 2pm. I'm in a "zone" right now like waiting in the eye of the storm. Calm before all hell breaks lose on the 28th. I just want to see a number over 36! I know thats high but theres no danger in hoping...

Hey plZzzzzz give the direct link of webpage where scores are gonna be released.

I know where to link. but still just want to make sure iam looking for the scores in right section. Plzz give the link.

I called today and asked when the scores would be released and the woman said, "The scores haven't been released yet, we don't know what time or what day they will be released on." It wouldn't surprise me if the date on the website changes to March come tomorrow morning.

i feel sick to my stomach....i hope to god i improve....

i'm in this 1-year masters program...and i've been hearing so many people get in. people with bad mcat scores as well!! i got a 3.80 last semester in this program, but my mcat score is a 23. this girl in my class with a 3.8 and a 23 got IN med school! i should get in!!! :scared: this ohter guy taht i know got a 3.75 last semster adn a 25....another girl that got a 3.86 and 26 got in. all these people are getting in, and this med school is waiting for my mcat scores....which is taking EONS to come out! ahhhh...................the pain and agony of waiting.................:scared:

I called today and asked when the scores would be released and the woman said, "The scores haven't been released yet, we don't know what time or what day they will be released on." It wouldn't surprise me if the date on the website changes to March come tomorrow morning.

ohhh plzzz dude! the last thing we need is discouragement. Plzz dont say this now. Let us be optimistic that results wud be released soon.

Hey plZzzzzz give the direct link of webpage where scores are gonna be released.

I know where to link. but still just want to make sure iam looking for the scores in right section. Plzz give the link.

I know for the August '06 results, I kept on referring to the following link to see when scores would be up:
http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/sendscores/start.htm

right now i am: :scared: and :confused: . yes, i like my emoticons.

Ok this might sound a stupid question, but you gotta excuse me, as iam in the 24 hrs anxiety period:)

This is my first MCAT experience. So iam wondering, when i put my user id, password and hit Enter. does the next page shows the scores. or it gives a link like 'january-2th scores". which i have to click and again one more page opens that gives the result (iam just scared bcoz i have this stupid Antivirus program that blocks Pop-ups and in case result comes out in popup window then i wont be able to see it.)

And how is the breakdown of score? I mean on the webpage does it says :

Composite score:////
Physical: ///
Verbal: ///
Bio:///

Or it doesnt give any composite score and we have to do the math of adding all these three subject scores.

Damn i havent slept from last 2 nights. I hope this suspense ends today.:(