*** The Official Harvard School of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Would you mind sharing what was your interview date(s)?

They have almost every single Thursday open including this Thursday. There were a couple Mondays as well. I'm still in school though so I am waiting for the first Friday date that was open which is November 1st.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an interview invite!! I missed the call because I was in lab but after seeing that 617 area code I was out of there
If I miss their call, would they send an invitation email? Or if I don't pick up, I miss my chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
If I miss their call, would they send an invitation email? Or if I don't pick up, I miss my chance?
They left me a voicemail and asked me to call them back. They didnt send an email until after I chose a date over the phone.

Did everyone get an email first on submitting the supplemental before they got a phone call? So if I haven't gotten an email for the supplemental, I probably won't get an interview?

Did everyone get an email first on submitting the supplemental before they got a phone call? So if I haven't gotten an email for the supplemental, I probably won't get an interview?
You receive the supplemental after the call

Reactions: 1 user
My app status on AADSAS has been under review for ~2 months. Is it the same for those of you who haven't received an interview invite? I received the complete email mid/late July. Im just trying to figure out if there is any chance for an invitation at this point, even though this school is such a reach

My app status on AADSAS has been under review for ~2 months. Is it the same for those of you who haven't received an interview invite? I received the complete email mid/late July. Im just trying to figure out if there is any chance for an invitation at this point, even though this school is such a reach
I have the same status and I got my app complete on August 14th. Originally it wasnt incomplete because i needed an additional rec letter and they updated it after receipt of my letter. So yeah, same status/situation.

Reactions: 2 users
I have the same status and I got my app complete on August 14th. Originally it wasnt incomplete because i needed an additional rec letter and they updated it after receipt of my letter. So yeah, same status/situation.

Mine is also still "Received/Under Review." I wonder how many invites have been offered and how many interviews have been held thus far.

Hang in there everyone: there are interview dates until March and admissions reads every application fully so it takes a while to get through all of them

Reactions: 4 users
My status on AADSAS changed from Complete to Under Review... does anyone know if this means anything at Harvard? I know every school utilizes status updates differently.

Members don't see this ad :)
My status on AADSAS changed from Complete to Under Review... does anyone know if this means anything at Harvard? I know every school utilizes status updates differently.

I think it means your app is now... under review.

@dentalschool2018 do you mind sharing when you submitted your app as well as when you received the "app complete" email?
I thought I submitted on July 22nd but they never got my supplemental fee and I didn’t realize. They emailed me on August 23rd that the fee was missing. After paying the supplemental fee, they emailed me that my application was complete on August 29th.

Hey guys!! Submitted my secondary a while back, but I was wondering how many words you guys all did for the questions?

Hey guys!! Submitted my secondary a while back, but I was wondering how many words you guys all did for the questions?
Are you referring to the secondary questions received post interview invitation?

Hi everyone I had a few questions!

1. Is there any more hope for Pre-December interviews?
2. If you already received an interview did you take/plan to take Cell Biology (a recommend course)?
3. Would HSDM appreciate a Letter of Interest?

Hi everyone I had a few questions!

1. Is there any more hope for Pre-December interviews?
2. If you already received an interview did you take/plan to take Cell Biology (a recommend course)?
3. Would HSDM appreciate a Letter of Interest?

I did not, nor do I plan to take cell biology and I received an interview. Idk about the other questions though.

Didn't see any posts yet about acceptance calls from HSDM. Weren't they supposed to call on Dec 2nd? Or am I not searching the right way?

Thanks

Didn't see any posts yet about acceptance calls from HSDM. Weren't they supposed to call on Dec 2nd? Or am I not searching the right way?

Thanks
I was called around 11am yesterday!

I haven't received anything from HSDM other than supplemental fee and application completed emails. I was wondering wonder if post-Dec interviews are all booked? Is there still hope to be invited for an interview?

Reactions: 3 users
I haven't received anything from HSDM other than supplemental fee and application completed emails. I was wondering wonder if post-Dec interviews are all booked? Is there still hope to be invited for an interview?
They keep interviewing and processing applications for a while

Has anyone who submitted their app in mid-August or later received an interview invite?

Has anyone received post-December interviews recently?

FYI. Learned HSDM will be calling folks from waiting list in Feb/March.

Adding some life to this thread; got an interview invite today! Good luck to everyone still waiting

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder if I ever received a call and did not answer it, the status on aadsas still says Under Review

I don't think it's likely :( My status changed from under review to interview

It's on January 30th. There are dates on Feb 6 and 7.

Do you know if 2/6 and 2/7 interview dates are fully booked?
Also, do you know how many people are interviewing on the same date?
Do you plan to attend Harvard if you get accepted?
Sorry for too many questions. I'm just another applicant desperately waiting for invite from Harvard lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if 2/6 and 2/7 interview dates are fully booked?
Also, do you know how many people are interviewing on the same date?

I don't know if they are full now; but they were options for me yesterday. I heard that interview groups have about 5 people.

Do you plan to attend Harvard if you get accepted?
Sorry for too many questions. I'm just another applicant desperately waiting for invite from Harvard lol.

Honestly, just having this interview makes me so happy. I didn't think I would even hear back from them because I applied so long ago. But I'm still considering my state school due to cost.

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

My GPAs are about 3.85 and my DAT is 24 AA. It's definitely in the range of a lot of applicants, which makes me think that they look heavily in how you could fit in with the school's mission.

My GPAs are about 3.85 and my DAT is 24 AA. It's definitely in the range of a lot of applicants, which makes me think that they look heavily in how you could fit in with the school's mission.

Gotcha. My stats are basically the same and yeah just waiting~ good luck though and let us know how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Congratulations! When was your interview?

It was in January. You should hear back the Friday after your interview, unless they tell you otherwise while you are there. The admissions committee meets on Wednesdays.

Interview #3
School: Harvard
Notification date: 01/17/2020
Method of notification: Call (617 area code)
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/02/19
Application complete date: 10/21/19 (Final LOR submitted)
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/20/26/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 02/06, 02/07, 02/10