-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official "How Does This Schedule Look" Thread
Started by Wolfman89
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good luck being in school with a kid, its a challenge but if I can do it anyone can!
Yeah, it's concern. i worry about not being able to dedicate as much time to my son as he deserves. i know it's a balancing act i will have to work very hard at. but thankfully i have a very good support system in my family that will make this all possible.
still worried about the 3 labs at once though... any thoughts? my advisor said she thought i could handle it but that it was her only concern w/ my planned schedule too...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My Winter schedule's looking like
5 credits: O Chem 2
2 credits: O chem 2 lab
5 credits: Bio 2 (plans & animals??)
5 credits: cmps artificial intelligence
2 credits: internship discussion
4 hrs/week: observing/teaching chemistry in a local high school (internship)
i don't think the course load will be overwhelming (19 credits), although o chem and AI might be conceptually difficult and take a lot of time... and bio will be memory-intensive probably 😱
Spring will likely be O chem 3, Physics +labs (got to make up a lab that I didn't take yet), maybe statistics
senior year's looking like biochemistry series, some requirements, and some electives
5 credits: O Chem 2
2 credits: O chem 2 lab
5 credits: Bio 2 (plans & animals??)
5 credits: cmps artificial intelligence
2 credits: internship discussion
4 hrs/week: observing/teaching chemistry in a local high school (internship)
i don't think the course load will be overwhelming (19 credits), although o chem and AI might be conceptually difficult and take a lot of time... and bio will be memory-intensive probably 😱
Spring will likely be O chem 3, Physics +labs (got to make up a lab that I didn't take yet), maybe statistics
senior year's looking like biochemistry series, some requirements, and some electives
Is this overkill or doable?
(18 credits)
Genetics
General Chemistry II
Resident Advisor University Class
Music
History
English
They're all very doable, but is taking them all on at once foolish?
Thanks for the input guy s
(18 credits)
Genetics
General Chemistry II
Resident Advisor University Class
Music
History
English
They're all very doable, but is taking them all on at once foolish?
Thanks for the input guy s
Very doable. Bolded are easy, the other two usually don't give people problems.Is this overkill or doable?
(18 credits)
Genetics
General Chemistry II
Resident Advisor University Class
Music
History
English
They're all very doable, but is taking them all on at once foolish?
Thanks for the input guy s
D
deleted357625
your fineeeeIs this overkill or doable?
(18 credits)
Genetics
General Chemistry II
Resident Advisor University Class
Music
History
English
They're all very doable, but is taking them all on at once foolish?
Thanks for the input guy s
D
deleted357625
sounds goodI just signed up for this schedule for Spring ... is it too much but it seems reasonable to me:
Biochemistry
Bio-psychology
Cellular & Molecular Biology
American Labor
All these classes are 300 Level.
Gen Chem II + lab (5)
Human Physiology (5)
Advanced Symbolic Logic (5)
Science and Technology Honors (required writing class) (5)
+about 12-15 hours of research/week
total: 20 credits
Just FYI I'm on the quarter system, which goes from Jan 3 until mid-March
Human Physiology (5)
Advanced Symbolic Logic (5)
Science and Technology Honors (required writing class) (5)
+about 12-15 hours of research/week
total: 20 credits
Just FYI I'm on the quarter system, which goes from Jan 3 until mid-March
Last edited:
next semester:
physics 2 + lab
calculus 2
genetics
chemical: reactions, equilibria and kinetics + lab
scientific calculations
im in first year but ill be done physics and calculus after this year
also, the program im in is a 5 year program with an internship every year starting next year. just wondering if its worth doing or no
physics 2 + lab
calculus 2
genetics
chemical: reactions, equilibria and kinetics + lab
scientific calculations
im in first year but ill be done physics and calculus after this year
also, the program im in is a 5 year program with an internship every year starting next year. just wondering if its worth doing or no
Just set up a new schedule for next semester, please tell me how it looks...
Freshman spring 2012
Microbiology w/ lab---4 credits
Cell Biology w/ lab--- 4 credits
Gen. Chemistry 2 w/ lab-- 4 credits
English and Compo.-- 3 credits
College success skills (required)-- 1 credit
Total= 16 credits
------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you think that is? I've already done Gen. Bio 1 and 2, but I'm really scared about handling 3 science classes. I know I can do 2 and get all A's, but 3... I really don't know. I'm thinking about taking out English and just taking it in the summer or something (I would have to add some random 1 credit class, as I need 14 credits this semester).
Freshman spring 2012
Microbiology w/ lab---4 credits
Cell Biology w/ lab--- 4 credits
Gen. Chemistry 2 w/ lab-- 4 credits
English and Compo.-- 3 credits
College success skills (required)-- 1 credit
Total= 16 credits
------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you think that is? I've already done Gen. Bio 1 and 2, but I'm really scared about handling 3 science classes. I know I can do 2 and get all A's, but 3... I really don't know. I'm thinking about taking out English and just taking it in the summer or something (I would have to add some random 1 credit class, as I need 14 credits this semester).
You'll see plenty of overlap taking micro with cell bio so you should be fine.Just set up a new schedule for next semester, please tell me how it looks...
Freshman spring 2012
Microbiology w/ lab---4 credits
Cell Biology w/ lab--- 4 credits
Gen. Chemistry 2 w/ lab-- 4 credits
English and Compo.-- 3 credits
College success skills (required)-- 1 credit
Total= 16 credits
------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you think that is? I've already done Gen. Bio 1 and 2, but I'm really scared about handling 3 science classes. I know I can do 2 and get all A's, but 3... I really don't know. I'm thinking about taking out English and just taking it in the summer or something (I would have to add some random 1 credit class, as I need 14 credits this semester).
I just signed up for this schedule for Spring ... is it too much but it seems reasonable to me:
Biochemistry
Bio-psychology
Cellular & Molecular Biology
American Labor
All these classes are 300 Level.
That looks really good.
I'm taking
- Periodization and Cultural History
- British Literature
- Epidemiology
- Biological Anthropology
- General Biology II
- Physical Chemistry I
- Advanced Calculus II
That looks really good.
I'm taking
- Periodization and Cultural History
- British Literature
- Epidemiology
- Biological Anthropology
- General Biology II
- Physical Chemistry I
- Advanced Calculus II
Anal sex with an umbrella might be less painful.
Spring Semester Freshman Year:
Biology II
Chemistry II
Calculus II
Chemistry II Lab
Texas Government
This means I'll probably done with a lot of the pre med req. by the time I enter second year. I can take Organic I/English I during first semester of sophomore year; Organic II/English II during the second semester of sophomore year, and I can take Physics during my junior year.
How does that sound? I'll probably take the MCAT twice during my junior year, once in the fall, and once in the spring. But that's much later.
Biology II
Chemistry II
Calculus II
Chemistry II Lab
Texas Government
This means I'll probably done with a lot of the pre med req. by the time I enter second year. I can take Organic I/English I during first semester of sophomore year; Organic II/English II during the second semester of sophomore year, and I can take Physics during my junior year.
How does that sound? I'll probably take the MCAT twice during my junior year, once in the fall, and once in the spring. But that's much later.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Edited due to privacy
Last edited:
My Spring is looking like this:
Honors Business and Computers - 3
Spanish Literature (300) - 3
Chem 1 + labs - 5
Bio 2 - 3
Bio labs - 3
Total: 17
I guess I'm just a little nervous because it's my first time going over 15 hours (I'm still a freshman) and I have an 8 am on MWF and I usually have a hard time getting up in the morning. Plus I dedicate 10 hours a week to research (it's required for a program of mine).
School. Ugh.
Honors Business and Computers - 3
Spanish Literature (300) - 3
Chem 1 + labs - 5
Bio 2 - 3
Bio labs - 3
Total: 17
I guess I'm just a little nervous because it's my first time going over 15 hours (I'm still a freshman) and I have an 8 am on MWF and I usually have a hard time getting up in the morning. Plus I dedicate 10 hours a week to research (it's required for a program of mine).
School. Ugh.
That looks really good.
I'm taking
- Periodization and Cultural History
- British Literature
- Epidemiology
- Biological Anthropology
- General Biology II
- Physical Chemistry I
- Advanced Calculus II
Anal sex with an umbrella might be less painful.

How does this schedule look for Spring? Would it be too much? I'm also trying to rebound from a rough 2011, so keep that in mind...
Microbiology
Calculus I
Physics II with lab
Research
So... that's a grand total of 15 hours. What do you guys think?
Microbiology
Calculus I
Physics II with lab
Research
So... that's a grand total of 15 hours. What do you guys think?
Current Schedule
Status Action CRN Subj Crse Sec Level Cred Grade Mode Title
**Web Registered**
on Nov 18, 2011 31061 MTH 252 030 Undergraduate 4.000 Normal Grading Mode INTEGRAL CALCULUS
**Web Registered**
on Nov 18, 2011 30996 CH 222 002 Undergraduate 5.000 Normal Grading Mode *GENERAL CHEMISTRY
**Web Registered**
on Nov 18, 2011 31148 BI 212 002 Undergraduate 4.000 Normal Grading Mode *PRINCIPLES OF BIOLOGY
*
Total Credit Hours: 13.000
Minimum Hours: 0.000
Maximum Hours: 19.000
Date: Jan 03, 2012 07:38 am
Do you guys think I am being a wuss by not taking another 3 credit class?
Status Action CRN Subj Crse Sec Level Cred Grade Mode Title
**Web Registered**
on Nov 18, 2011 31061 MTH 252 030 Undergraduate 4.000 Normal Grading Mode INTEGRAL CALCULUS
**Web Registered**
on Nov 18, 2011 30996 CH 222 002 Undergraduate 5.000 Normal Grading Mode *GENERAL CHEMISTRY
**Web Registered**
on Nov 18, 2011 31148 BI 212 002 Undergraduate 4.000 Normal Grading Mode *PRINCIPLES OF BIOLOGY
*
Total Credit Hours: 13.000
Minimum Hours: 0.000
Maximum Hours: 19.000
Date: Jan 03, 2012 07:38 am
Do you guys think I am being a wuss by not taking another 3 credit class?
Is it recommended to take Micro and Cell Bio at the same time? At my University Micro is with lab (4 cr) and cell bio (referred to as Cellular & Molecular Biology) does not have a lab. 7 credits total, but I'm hoping for overlap of content.
Let me know what y'all think.
Let me know what y'all think.
Is it recommended to take Micro and Cell Bio at the same time? At my University Micro is with lab (4 cr) and cell bio (referred to as Cellular & Molecular Biology) does not have a lab. 7 credits total, but I'm hoping for overlap of content.
Let me know what y'all think.
I don't see where it would be a problem, I'm not sure what other classes you have with it but I have seen/had way worse biology class combinations than that.
I don't see where it would be a problem, I'm not sure what other classes you have with it but I have seen/had way worse biology class combinations than that.
Forgot to mention this will be my summer schedule. I will be working anywhere from 15 to 20 hours on campus as well.
Forgot to mention this will be my summer schedule. I will be working anywhere from 15 to 20 hours on campus as well.
😱 That changes a lot.
Might be best to just stick with one. Is one an elective? Or is one more important to graduation than the other?
😱 That changes a lot.
Might be best to just stick with one. Is one an elective? Or is one more important to graduation than the other?
Both are "technically" required (im in a dual admission program). Is there not enough overlap that it will make learning both impossible? I work 15 hours a week regularly along with 16 credits and 2 leadership positions, but
I have heard summer courses are a lot more fast paced and unforgiving.
Both are "technically" required (im in a dual admission program). Is there not enough overlap that it will make learning both impossible? I work 15 hours a week regularly along with 16 credits and 2 leadership positions, but
I have heard summer courses are a lot more fast paced and unforgiving.
Yeah the faster pace is what gets people.
There is some overlap, but as a Micro major I can say that generally the Cell Biology classes are very (if not exclusively) Eukaryotic focused. So the similarities will start to fade pretty fast.
Hmm, if you have done well in other biology classes, it still isn't impossible to take those two together. If you have struggled in other biology classes I would be wary.
I say go for it in your case. If it looks like to much work in the first week or so, drop it while you can with no consequences.
I'm a second semester sophomore, currently taking:
Organic II + lab
Genetics + lab
Calculus II
300-level English seminar
It's turning out to be a lot more work than I expected (I barely have time to finish my homework every night). Should I stick with the schedule I have now, or drop calc and replace it with a 2-credit research project? I don't want to look like I'm taking a really easy schedule (esp. since last semester I only took 16 credits) but I also don't want to screw up my GPA (it's around 3.85 now) by taking a harder schedule than I should....
Thanks 🙂
Organic II + lab
Genetics + lab
Calculus II
300-level English seminar
It's turning out to be a lot more work than I expected (I barely have time to finish my homework every night). Should I stick with the schedule I have now, or drop calc and replace it with a 2-credit research project? I don't want to look like I'm taking a really easy schedule (esp. since last semester I only took 16 credits) but I also don't want to screw up my GPA (it's around 3.85 now) by taking a harder schedule than I should....
Thanks 🙂
I'm a second semester sophomore, currently taking:
Organic II + lab
Genetics + lab
Calculus II
300-level English seminar
It's turning out to be a lot more work than I expected (I barely have time to finish my homework every night). Should I stick with the schedule I have now, or drop calc and replace it with a 2-credit research project? I don't want to look like I'm taking a really easy schedule (esp. since last semester I only took 16 credits) but I also don't want to screw up my GPA (it's around 3.85 now) by taking a harder schedule than I should....
Thanks 🙂
16 credits is not a little (average per sem is 15, I'd say anything under 13 is considered not many credits).
16 credits is not a little (average per sem is 15, I'd say anything under 13 is considered not many credits).
Okay cool, that makes me feel a little better. Thanks!
if you and your advisor don't feel comfortable about 3 labs then don't do it. IMO it's better to take less and get better grades if you think you aren't gonna do well than to take more and screw up your GPA. When all else fails go with your gut.
Well, it's not ideal. But she doesn't know what I'm capable of bc I'm only getting started. I don't exactly know what I'm capable of for similar reasons. I've never taken so many science classes before in my life let alone at one time. But I've already got an undergrad degree so I only have sciences classes left to take. If not chem, bio & physics, then what other options do I have? She didn't have a better suggestion either which is why I'm just going with it. But I am quitting my job so that I have more time to study. I guess I was just hoping to hear from people (or at least 1 person) who's done it successfully who could give me some encouragement. But that's cool. I guess I just have to go at it with everything I've got & hope for the best. If I fail, then I guess that'll be a pretty good sign that I may not be cut out for this. But as I keep telling myself, failure is not an option...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My school only offers Trig-based (for premeds) or calc-based (for majors) over the summer. I am a B student in math, however I do not know how well I am with just a math class alone. I did take the first part of general chemistry over the summer and made an A. Each session runs for 4 weeks. Would it be wise to take Physics I during the first part and Physics II during the second part or wait for a full semester? To put it in perspective, I am a psych major and intend to take Biochem and genetics in the fall. Also if I get physics out of the way I wont have to take it while I am studying for the MCAT. Thanks to anyone who replies honestly! 🙂
Trying to choose 2 of the following that will help me most for the MCAT...
(1) Cellular Mechanisms in Vertebrate Physiology - This course considers cellular mechanisms governing physiological aspects of vertebrate cell signaling and their adaptation to particular organismal functions.
(2) Advance Genetics - This course will examine the genetics of chromosomes and how changes in gene arrangements shape the structure and function of genes in genomes. This will include an examination of how chromosomes organize genetic information, how chromosomes are transmitted, how the evolutionary process shapes genetic variation in the genome of populations of organisms and between different species.
(3) Evolution - Selected topics on the evolution of life.
(4) Developmental Genetics - An advanced course in developmental biology, focusing on the use of genetics techniques to study fundamental questions of animal development.
(5) Neurobiology - Comprehensive examination of neuroanatomy and physiology designed to integrate the principles of neurochemistry, neuroendocrinology, and molecular biology.
(6) Mammalian Physiology - Mechanisms concerned with normal animal function, with special emphasis on humans.
Any ideas? I'm thinking (6) is definitely one of the two...
(1) Cellular Mechanisms in Vertebrate Physiology - This course considers cellular mechanisms governing physiological aspects of vertebrate cell signaling and their adaptation to particular organismal functions.
(2) Advance Genetics - This course will examine the genetics of chromosomes and how changes in gene arrangements shape the structure and function of genes in genomes. This will include an examination of how chromosomes organize genetic information, how chromosomes are transmitted, how the evolutionary process shapes genetic variation in the genome of populations of organisms and between different species.
(3) Evolution - Selected topics on the evolution of life.
(4) Developmental Genetics - An advanced course in developmental biology, focusing on the use of genetics techniques to study fundamental questions of animal development.
(5) Neurobiology - Comprehensive examination of neuroanatomy and physiology designed to integrate the principles of neurochemistry, neuroendocrinology, and molecular biology.
(6) Mammalian Physiology - Mechanisms concerned with normal animal function, with special emphasis on humans.
Any ideas? I'm thinking (6) is definitely one of the two...
Last edited:
Trying to choose 2 of the following that will help me most for the MCAT...
(1) Cellular Mechanisms in Vertebrate Physiology - This course considers cellular mechanisms governing physiological aspects of vertebrate cell signaling and their adaptation to particular organismal functions.
(2) Advance Genetics - This course will examine the genetics of chromosomes and how changes in gene arrangements shape the structure and function of genes in genomes. This will include an examination of how chromosomes organize genetic information, how chromosomes are transmitted, how the evolutionary process shapes genetic variation in the genome of populations of organisms and between different species.
(3) Evolution - Selected topics on the evolution of life.
(4) Developmental Genetics - An advanced course in developmental biology, focusing on the use of genetics techniques to study fundamental questions of animal development.
(5) Neurobiology - Comprehensive examination of neuroanatomy and physiology designed to integrate the principles of neurochemistry, neuroendocrinology, and molecular biology.
(6) Mammalian Physiology - Mechanisms concerned with normal animal function, with special emphasis on humans.
Any ideas? I'm thinking (6) is definitely one of the two...
Genetics and Neurobiology.
Not mammalian phys?Genetics and Neurobiology.
D
deleted357625
Summer 2012:
TA for Behavioral Neuroscience
Organic Chemistry 1 lab only
MCAT studying from May-July
I asked this before, just looking for more opinions.
TA for Behavioral Neuroscience
Organic Chemistry 1 lab only
MCAT studying from May-July
I asked this before, just looking for more opinions.
Trying to choose 2 of the following that will help me most for the MCAT...
(1) Cellular Mechanisms in Vertebrate Physiology - This course considers cellular mechanisms governing physiological aspects of vertebrate cell signaling and their adaptation to particular organismal functions.
(2) Advance Genetics - This course will examine the genetics of chromosomes and how changes in gene arrangements shape the structure and function of genes in genomes. This will include an examination of how chromosomes organize genetic information, how chromosomes are transmitted, how the evolutionary process shapes genetic variation in the genome of populations of organisms and between different species.
(3) Evolution - Selected topics on the evolution of life.
(4) Developmental Genetics - An advanced course in developmental biology, focusing on the use of genetics techniques to study fundamental questions of animal development.
(5) Neurobiology - Comprehensive examination of neuroanatomy and physiology designed to integrate the principles of neurochemistry, neuroendocrinology, and molecular biology.
(6) Mammalian Physiology - Mechanisms concerned with normal animal function, with special emphasis on humans.
Any ideas? I'm thinking (6) is definitely one of the two...
Mammalian Physiology (or any human emphasized physiology will be very helpful)
Between the others, meh. Advanced genetics is going to go into way more depth then you really need. Evolution would probably be the most on par with questions that may come up on the MCAT. But really between the others it probably won't matter too much. I would just pick which ever one seems interesting to you!
If I could only pick 2, they would be genetics and mammalian physio.Trying to choose 2 of the following that will help me most for the MCAT...
(1) Cellular Mechanisms in Vertebrate Physiology - This course considers cellular mechanisms governing physiological aspects of vertebrate cell signaling and their adaptation to particular organismal functions.
(2) Advance Genetics - This course will examine the genetics of chromosomes and how changes in gene arrangements shape the structure and function of genes in genomes. This will include an examination of how chromosomes organize genetic information, how chromosomes are transmitted, how the evolutionary process shapes genetic variation in the genome of populations of organisms and between different species.
(3) Evolution - Selected topics on the evolution of life.
(4) Developmental Genetics - An advanced course in developmental biology, focusing on the use of genetics techniques to study fundamental questions of animal development.
(5) Neurobiology - Comprehensive examination of neuroanatomy and physiology designed to integrate the principles of neurochemistry, neuroendocrinology, and molecular biology.
(6) Mammalian Physiology - Mechanisms concerned with normal animal function, with special emphasis on humans.
Any ideas? I'm thinking (6) is definitely one of the two...
Fall '12:
Biochemistry (3)
Chemistry & Society (3)
Ochem 2 (3)
Ochem 2 lab (1)
Kinesiology elective (3)
Developmental Psychology (3)
I'm kind of torn, because I want to take cell bio, but biochem and cell bio are offered at the same time, and in only one course for the fall. Not sure what to do, but this will be my last semester. Any tips? Biochem or cell bio? I'm pretty sure biochem will be more beneficial
Biochemistry (3)
Chemistry & Society (3)
Ochem 2 (3)
Ochem 2 lab (1)
Kinesiology elective (3)
Developmental Psychology (3)
I'm kind of torn, because I want to take cell bio, but biochem and cell bio are offered at the same time, and in only one course for the fall. Not sure what to do, but this will be my last semester. Any tips? Biochem or cell bio? I'm pretty sure biochem will be more beneficial
Fall '12:
Biochemistry (3)
Chemistry & Society (3)
Ochem 2 (3)
Ochem 2 lab (1)
Kinesiology elective (3)
Developmental Psychology (3)
I'm kind of torn, because I want to take cell bio, but biochem and cell bio are offered at the same time, and in only one course for the fall. Not sure what to do, but this will be my last semester. Any tips? Biochem or cell bio? I'm pretty sure biochem will be more beneficial
Definitely biochem. It is one of the first things you'll do in med school. You'll at least have a basic understanding when you go in.
Trying to choose 2 of the following that will help me most for the MCAT...
(1) Cellular Mechanisms in Vertebrate Physiology - This course considers cellular mechanisms governing physiological aspects of vertebrate cell signaling and their adaptation to particular organismal functions.
(2) Advance Genetics - This course will examine the genetics of chromosomes and how changes in gene arrangements shape the structure and function of genes in genomes. This will include an examination of how chromosomes organize genetic information, how chromosomes are transmitted, how the evolutionary process shapes genetic variation in the genome of populations of organisms and between different species.
(3) Evolution - Selected topics on the evolution of life.
(4) Developmental Genetics - An advanced course in developmental biology, focusing on the use of genetics techniques to study fundamental questions of animal development.
(5) Neurobiology - Comprehensive examination of neuroanatomy and physiology designed to integrate the principles of neurochemistry, neuroendocrinology, and molecular biology.
(6) Mammalian Physiology - Mechanisms concerned with normal animal function, with special emphasis on humans.
Any ideas? I'm thinking (6) is definitely one of the two...
Mammalian Physiology and Evolution or Neurobiology
Summer 2012 (prospective)
Chemistry 2 with Lab
Physics 1 with Lab
9 credit hours
Too much?
Chemistry 2 with Lab
Physics 1 with Lab
9 credit hours
Too much?
Summer 2012:
-Intro Sociology
-Social Problems
-Intro Psych
-Abnormal Psych
-Intro Philosophy
-Elementary Spanish
-American Federal Gov't
-Health Education
12 credits x 2 summer sessions = 24 credits
Fall 2012:
-Cell Biology w/ Lab
-Organic Chemistry I w/ Lab
-Physics I w/ Lab
-Computers in Science
-Calculus with Applications
19 credits so far in the fall, but may possibly be more.
-Intro Sociology
-Social Problems
-Intro Psych
-Abnormal Psych
-Intro Philosophy
-Elementary Spanish
-American Federal Gov't
-Health Education
12 credits x 2 summer sessions = 24 credits
Fall 2012:
-Cell Biology w/ Lab
-Organic Chemistry I w/ Lab
-Physics I w/ Lab
-Computers in Science
-Calculus with Applications
19 credits so far in the fall, but may possibly be more.
That's what I was thinking too. The genetics courses seem a bit too over-the-top for the MCAT. Can I gather any more opinions?Mammalian Physiology and Evolution or Neurobiology
That's what I was thinking too. The genetics courses seem a bit too over-the-top for the MCAT. Can I gather any more opinions?
Mammalian Physiology > Cellular Mechanisms in Vertebrate Physiology = advanced genetics > neurobiology > developmental genetics > evolution
If were talking about solely for the MCAT than physiology will be the most helpful(hopefully it has some neuro in it, making a neurobio class useless). Cell Bio/Genetics are frequent MCAT topics so they are valuable. Of course you really don't need to know much beyond intro bio so it will depend on what you learned in intro bio and what you are comfortable with. Neurobio is pretty useless for the MCAT imho. The neurobio you need to know for the MCAT is like 10 minutes of studying.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's hardcore. How is your school letting you take that many credits during summer, it's gotta be pretty expensive/time consuming.Summer 2012:
-Intro Sociology
-Social Problems
-Intro Psych
-Abnormal Psych
-Intro Philosophy
-Elementary Spanish
-American Federal Gov't
-Health Education
12 credits x 2 summer sessions = 24 credits
My school is finally letting us pick our classes, so here is what I have down so far:
General Biology I (4)
General Chemistry I (4)
General Physics I (4)
Calculus I (4)
I feel kind of dumb for taking all these freshman classes as a sophomore, but I'm a year behind the typical premed schedule...so i do what I have to.
General Biology I (4)
General Chemistry I (4)
General Physics I (4)
Calculus I (4)
I feel kind of dumb for taking all these freshman classes as a sophomore, but I'm a year behind the typical premed schedule...so i do what I have to.
That's going to suck. Is there any way you can avoid that train wreck of a schedule?My school is finally letting us pick our classes, so here is what I have down so far:
General Biology I (4)
General Chemistry I (4)
General Physics I (4)
Calculus I (4)
I feel kind of dumb for taking all these freshman classes as a sophomore, but I'm a year behind the typical premed schedule...so i do what I have to.
unfortunately my school has this unwritten policy dictating that if by the end of your sophomore year you haven't finished earlier bio/biochemistry requirements for the major (general bio, chem, and physics) then you won't be allowed in the program. Kind of sucks really. Besides that I'm a year behind and I want to apply by my senior year.That's going to suck. Is there any way you can avoid that train wreck of a schedule?
That's hardcore. How is your school letting you take that many credits during summer, it's gotta be pretty expensive/time consuming.
Time consuming...not necessarily. Each summer session is only a month. For studying, yes it is time consuming. Expensive? Not even close. It's at a community college in my home state.
My school is finally letting us pick our classes, so here is what I have down so far:
General Biology I (4)
General Chemistry I (4)
General Physics I (4)
Calculus I (4)
I feel kind of dumb for taking all these freshman classes as a sophomore, but I'm a year behind the typical premed schedule...so i do what I have to.
Sorry to hear about the policy which your school has. Gen. Chem I and Gen. Biology I are a breeze though, so you should be fine. I can't comment on Physics nor Calculus since I'm taking those in the fall. 😛
Similar threads
- Replies
- 87
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K