The Official "I got accepted to Wake Forest but I'm not going to go" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josh81883

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At the end of this whole ordeal and after a myriad of rejection letters I'm left dangling with a single spot on Wake Forest's Alternate List.

The purpose of this thread is to hopefully make me feel better.

If you've been accepted to Wake Forest but aren't planning on attending (so I can have your spot)...post. Also people who are on the alternate list...post also. Here goes:

Accepted but not attending (0):

Alternate List (1):
josh81883

Members don't see this ad.

bunny_pancake.jpg

You can have my spot. I always feel so badly turning down a great school and I did love Wake.

Accepted but not attending :1

Alternate List :1

Members don't see this ad :)
If it makes you feel any better Wake usually has great movement on their waitlist. I got in off the waitlist and for that matter most of the people I know did too. As the May deadline approaches things should move even more. Good luck.

why is wake forest ranked so low. are they moving up any time soon.

Depends on what you mean by rank... I assume USNEWS... they would be lower there because of money (research dollars). In terms of scores from residency directors they are higher (last year 35th I think)... which I tend to care more about cause they will be determining what residency I get.

As for your second question... who can really tell if a school is moving up or down. I would like to think they are moving up and becoming more prestigious but I don't really know.

USNEWS is interesting... but doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot. Wake does well placing its students into competitive residencies and has a good reputation nationally- things that do matter.

themann said:
Depends on what you mean by rank... I assume USNEWS... they would be lower there because of money (research dollars). In terms of scores from residency directors they are higher (last year 35th I think)... which I tend to care more about cause they will be determining what residency I get.

As for your second question... who can really tell if a school is moving up or down. I would like to think they are moving up and becoming more prestigious but I don't really know.

USNEWS is interesting... but doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot. Wake does well placing its students into competitive residencies and has a good reputation nationally- things that do matter.

Where did you find the scores from residency directors? Is there a website?

as of today, my spot is free and up for grabs. enjoy--wake is a great school! :)

superdevil said:
as of today, my spot is free and up for grabs. enjoy--wake is a great school! :)

What schools are you focused on now?

MD 2009

I was referring to the score that the residency directors give as part of the USNEWS score. It is just one of the categories... if you have the online version you can re-rank the list based off what those scores are.

Freakingout said:
What schools are you focused on now?
mainly case western and dartmouth, but i'm still keeping ohio state in mind because its so close to home. i just feel jilted because osu's financial aid package was so awful, so i'd likely prefer case to osu if i feel like staying in ohio. if i feel like adventure, then i'm heading to dartmouth.

superdevil said:
mainly case western and dartmouth, but i'm still keeping ohio state in mind because its so close to home. i just feel jilted because osu's financial aid package was so awful, so i'd likely prefer case to osu if i feel like staying in ohio. if i feel like adventure, then i'm heading to dartmouth.

Thanks for coming to your decision well before the deadline :). Maybe you can bargain for Dartmouth with Florida vacations?

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew my spot last week.

Accepted but not attending: 3 (Ambs, PsychoDoctor, superdevil)

Alternate List: 1

Good luck to you, josh18883.... I hope you get in! :luck:

themann said:
If it makes you feel any better Wake usually has great movement on their waitlist. I got in off the waitlist and for that matter most of the people I know did too. As the May deadline approaches things should move even more. Good luck.
Hmm...hopefully I get off their waitlist. Did you send a LOI? It's my first choice, do you think I should send a LOI?

nockamura said:
Hmm...hopefully I get off their waitlist. Did you send a LOI? It's my first choice, do you think I should send a LOI?

If Wake is your first choice, then you should DEFINITELY send in a letter of interest or perhaps even intent. You must show them that you are very interested. They are very nice over the phone also (in my experiences at least), and I would ask them what you can do besides sending a letter. Good luck! :luck:

themann said:

I'm really hoping that's true :)

Ambs said:
I withdrew my spot last week.

Accepted but not attending: 3 (Ambs, PsychoDoctor, superdevil)

Alternate List: 1

Good luck to you, josh18883.... I hope you get in! :luck:

Hey josh18883.... i'm waiting with you. Add me to the alternate list, and thanks Ambs, PsychoDoctor, and superdevil...

Medikit said:
Thanks for coming to your decision well before the deadline :). Maybe you can bargain for Dartmouth with Florida vacations?
no prob. it was hard to send that withdraw letter, though, what with the beautiful north carolina weather and all.

i don't think DMS will be offering a lowly midwestern bumpkin like me any vacation packages. ;) of course, they may not have to...

superdevil said:
no prob. it was hard to send that withdraw letter, though, what with the beautiful north carolina weather and all.

i don't think DMS will be offering a lowly midwestern bumpkin like me any vacation packages. ;) of course, they may not have to...

I mean bargaining with the lady

I'm with you on the waiting list at Wake as well. Its an awesome school and hopefully the list will move quickly for all of us :)

I'm also waiting on DMS which would certainly be an adventure - an especially cold one for me as i currently attend school in Columbia, SC and am from Charlotte, NC.

I know of one more person thats in school with me here that turned down a spot at Wake about a week ago.

Medikit said:
I mean bargaining with the lady
ah, yes. that will be quite the trick. ;)

You should definitely send a letter of intent. That is as long as it really is your first choice. Don't say it if you don't mean it. If it isn't your first choice I would still write a letter outlining your interest. Wake really digs this kind of stuff. They want to know that you are really interested.