The Official "I'm no longer a lurker" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A challenge to all the lurkers:

Make your first post right here, right now!

I know you can do it! Show us your mad posting skillz!

Members don't see this ad.

bananaface said:
A challenge to all the lurkers:

Make your first post right here, right now!

I know you can do it! Show us your mad posting skillz!

Ur a UW pharmacist....how come you post on the path board? :confused:

A lot of the lurkers have registered and posted on that one historical night in SDN path (Feb. 23rd). Hence they are no longer considered lurkers even if they post sparingly while watching and laughing at us.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest we shoot at all lurkers. That'll make 'em come out. Flush 'em out, I say!

stormjen said:
I suggest we shoot at all lurkers. That'll make 'em come out. Flush 'em out, I say!
Nah...first lure them out with chocolate. Then you can spank them.

"No lurker! That's a bad lurker!!!"

bananaface said:
I post here because the people here are fun to hang out with.

Also, I am trying to instill AndyMilonakis with a proper respect for clinical medicine. :smuggrin:

Yeah but when we talk about things like alveolar soft parts sarcoma and how wonderous they are, dont you feel left out?

LADoc00 said:
Yeah but when we talk about things like alveolar soft parts sarcoma and how wonderous they are, dont you feel left out?
Not really. If anything it's an opportunity to learn about new things. I have learned alot about different areas of medicine by straying outside of my own forums. It makes me think that we ought to do more interdisciplinary studies in school.

bananaface said:
I post here because the people here are fun to hang out with.

Also, I am trying to instill AndyMilonakis with a proper respect for clinical medicine. :smuggrin:
I respect clinical medicine. I'm just Anti-clinical medicine.

AndyMilonakis said:

How curious--I disrespect clinical medicine yet am pro-clinical medicine.

stormjen said:
How curious--I disrespect clinical medicine yet am pro-clinical medicine.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say no one unless they did a clin medicine residency really has one ounce of understanding of what its all about. Being a med student on a ICU rotation does not equal being responsible for someone's life...But I diverge, my point was bannaface (I believe is named Amy) sent the SDN staff an email that I was violating the TOS and then sent me a smug 'I got you' email....I believe it was u, I erased it but Im fairly certain. I could be wrongly accusing someone, but I thought that was just plain lame...

Oh! Drama on SDN Path. Which TOS rules did you violate?

PathOne said:
Oh! Drama on SDN Path. Which TOS rules did you violate?

Bananaface, who Im almost 100% sure is a fantastically sweet and adorable young lady, did in fact tell on me that I was being a big meanie to someone. I do on occasion scare young girls and I have to tone it down a bit. Musta been those years in serving in the military that got me, making my heart cold and icy.

Im picturing banana, she is about 25ish, white maybe part Irish or Scottish and German with light brown hair thats just a little bit curly, dark eyes (hazel? but maybe blue) and always smiles.

I think in high school she was the type that dated the baseball players/soccer types than the football/basketball crowd. She had 1-2 big H.S. romances, then off to college in big city, Seattle. 4 years at UW undergrad (Im predicting), a few serious romances but nothing big, now in Pharm school, living in a 1 bedroom downtown. Maybe throws on a really cute outfit on a Friday night and heads down to Starbucks and reads a pharm text or something. Trading glances with some scruffy looking 25 year old guy with the Northface jacket who is thumbing through a Steinbeck novel...
I see it all so clearly!

How right is that?

Members don't see this ad :)
LADoc00 said:
How right is that?

You seem to have missed her marriage. Guess you aren't so smart after all, smarty-pants.

You're sure a cocky sonofabiatch, aren't you? ;)

stormjen said:
You seem to have missed her marriage. Guess you aren't so smart after all, smarty-pants.

You're sure a cocky sonofabiatch, aren't you? ;)

All pathologists are cocky Im afraid, its how you cope with surgeons, or else you spend your time hundle in the corner of your office crying and sucking your thumb, but I diverge...

Soooo, she marries a non-medical type, maybe that scruffy writer she met at Starbucks in downtown Seattle, who happened to be a friend of a friend, named....Mike. She is from someplace in the countryside of Washington, sorry dont know the geography real well here, someplace like a Washington state version of the Marin county near SF. Im predicting they got married in her home town, with her brother (or 2?) and parents in attendance. Im predicting she has at least 1 older brother, if she is the oldest I would suprised.

Okay, revision complete.

How dat?

I'm sorry for saying anything.

bananaface said:
It makes me think that we ought to do more interdisciplinary studies in school.
I say nuts to that idea! I am on the dumbest rotation ever right now - chronic care patients. At least we have an easy schedule, but it's all clinic experience, following someone around in addiction medicine, rheumatology, geriatrics, etc.,

We had a lecture today and the speaker was trying to impress on us the importance of home visits. She said "home visits will be an important part of medicine no matter what field you go into. Can anyone think of a field where it wouldn't be important?" Another student and I chimed up "path" at the same time and she wheeled on me like a viper spotting a field mouse. She said it most certainly was relevant to path, and demanded that I come up with an example. Someone said "one our relatives might get a home visit" which only increased her ire. She then threatened myself and the otehr student who said "path" originally with having to speak to the dean if we couldn't come up with an answer! This may have been in jest, but was still really uncool. Someone said "examining mold in someone's living conditions" and someone else said something equally lame, so I said "why don't we just go do an FNA in the home?" This lady wasn't an MD and clearly had no idea what pathologists do. This whole rotation is rubbish, IMO, especially for pathologists.

End of rant. Except that I'm half-tempted to email her and tell her how unprofessional it was for her to bring up the dean (who is a pathologist) because we dared to suggest that her course wasn't relevant to our careers. OK, now... end of rant.

If anyone knows who Anna aka Banana is from the UW pic gallery she has linked on her profile, tell me! The suspense is killing me....

AndyMilonakis said:
I's so anti-clinical medicine right now see my above rant.

Banana, I jsut read this whole thread and saw quite a bit of stuff directed at you by the resident windbag. I hope you don't think my message was piling on - it's just that one line set me off on my current anger against the dumb rotation I am on. :)

See below

http://staff.washington.edu/pnt/pix...rd=students_pub;action=display;num=1107760573

Who wants to guess who she is?

Im putting 5 bucks on:
DSC07375.jpg

because that would fit my profiling.
Ps-Crap, Im starting to rethink my whole story. She maybe an Asian girl.
I am in love with: dsc07386.jpg !! She is sooooo cute with those glasses. :love:
DSC07386.jpg

I enjoyed reading your rant. Reading that story strikes up great vengeance and furious anger within me (reference, anyone?).

It's kind of like when I told that IM attending, "I like dead people" as a motivation for going into pathology.

If that bitch ends up threatening you about telling the dean on you if you don't come up with a reason for pathologist home visits...just tell her that you can do a home visit as part of a forensics investigation. For instance, 43 yo patient breaks neck in an attempt at oral stimution on oneself. It is important to know where in the house this took place. :rolleyes:

"resident windbag"...damn geddy, them be fightin' words.

AndyMilonakis said:
I enjoyed reading your rant. Reading that story strikes up great vengeance and furious anger within me (reference, anyone?).

It's kind of like when I told that IM attending, "I like dead people" as a motivation for going into pathology.

If that bitch ends up threatening you about telling the dean on you if you don't come up with a reason for pathologist home visits...just tell her that you can do a home visit as part of a forensics investigation. For instance, 43 yo patient breaks neck in an attempt at oral stimution on oneself. It is important to know where in the house this took place. :rolleyes:

I did 46 crime scene investigations, 24 of those at the decedant's home, so technically, Ive done more home calls than other type of physician in my hospital.

LADoc, the person you are stalking has posted her pic on the forum before, so apparently everyone has seen her except you.

AndyMilonakis said:

If that bitch ends up threatening you about telling the dean on you if you don't come up with a reason for pathologist home visits...just tell her that you can do a home visit as part of a forensics investigation. For instance, 43 yo patient breaks neck in an attempt at oral stimution on oneself. It is important to know where in the house this took place.
Someone did say forensics - that didn't satisfy her, either. Regarding the dean, he is a pathologist. Apparently, he told her once that he thought path was relevant to home visits. So, she told us if we couldn't think of something relevant, she'd make us go to the dean and tell him he was wrong. Probably a joke, but she was edgy about the whole exchange. I was pissed. I think she gets a lot of resistance from students for this rotation, especially with the new requirement for the step 2 BS - we have to do a mock home visit as part of this rotation. No physical exam, just talk to them for 30 minutes about their home environment...

AndyMilonakis said:
Must... get... bo-staff... Sorry, sorry... I didn't mean you, of course, Andy. Anyway, this whole new rotation I'm on has me on edge. I would've yelled at my grandma if she'd come up to me while I was typing that rant :laugh:

stormjen said:
LADoc, the person you are stalking has posted her pic on the forum before, so apparently everyone has seen her except you.

CRAP....where?!

LADoc00 said:
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say no one unless they did a clin medicine residency really has one ounce of understanding of what its all about. Being a med student on a ICU rotation does not equal being responsible for someone's life...
To me, clinical medicine is about taking responsibility for patient care. One can pick that up in a second, or never come to understand it. Understanding it requires the mindset. You can have wonderful clinical skills and not be one ounce a clinician. For those who hate clinical medicine, remember that while no one can force the mindset on you, many of the skills are necessary to help you better understand the context of your work in the medical field. That's my take on it.
geddy said:
I's so anti-clinical medicine right now see my above rant.

Banana, I jsut read this whole thread and saw quite a bit of stuff directed at you by the resident windbag. I hope you don't think my message was piling on - it's just that one line set me off on my current anger against the dumb rotation I am on. :)
It's all good. This forum is so tame compared to the rest of SDN. And, SDN is so tame compared to work. :laugh:

Seriously though, I don't take things personally. Vent away!

No zen interpretation of clinical medicine.....tell me, is my profiling correct?

W-H-O A-R-E Y-O-U

Banana girl.

Checklist:
1.) Older brother
2.) native of Washington state
3.) UW undergrad alum
4.) see yourself marrying a writer type

LADoc00 said:
No zen interpretation of clinical medicine.....tell me, is my profiling correct?

W-H-O A-R-E Y-O-U

Banana girl.

Checklist:
1.) Older brother
2.) native of Washington state
3.) UW undergrad alum
4.) see yourself marrying a writer type
1) incorrect - no siblings
2) correct (of course my user profile SAYS that)
3) incorrect - went to Western Washington University
4) incorrect - was married to a computer programmer

bananaface said:
1) incorrect - no siblings
2) correct (of course my user profile SAYS that)
3) incorrect - went to Western Washington University
4) incorrect - was married to a computer programmer
So much for that job he thought he had as an FBI profiler. :smuggrin:

bananaface said:
He'll have to work for the CIA, I suppose. ;)
Not unless they have hot chicks and a branch office in Napa Valley!

geddy said:
So much for that job he thought he had as an FBI profiler. :smuggrin:

Yeah, dude profiling isnt perfect, Im practicing.

Okay, the only child thing was a possibility I considered. Especially after reading the dream of being pregnant post you wrote, I think those are more common for women with no remembrance of crazy little siblings making their lives miserable....
I said I saw you as marrying a writer...I think thats a good fit for you, sorry it didnt work out with "Mike." Live and learn and all that.
The undergrad thing was a crap shoot.
Im backing off of the idea of you as an asian, because asians almost never use "nerd" as a self-descripter (your profile), thats a white person maneuver.

Now, you removed your pic...is it in the UW gallery you have linked or what?

Your dad was a pharmacist I bet, small town type, real old school. Maybe a Vietnam vet. Your mom maybe a school teacher. 5th grade.

:idea:

PS-Do you know that girl with glasses I posted??

LADoc00 said:
Your dad was a pharmacist I bet, small town type, real old school. Maybe a Vietnam vet. Your mom maybe a school teacher. 5th grade.

:idea:
You crack me up! You're so-o ambitious, aren't you? You know what you look like to me, with your pathology training and your strong opinions? You look like a rube. A well-scrubbed, hustling rube, with a little taste. Good nutrition's given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you, LADoc? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed - pure West Virginia. What does your father do? Is he a coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp? You know how quickly the boys found you. All those tedious, sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars, while you could only dream of getting out. Getting anywhere, getting all the way to the F...B...I.

geddy said:
You crack me up! You're so-o ambitious, aren't you? You know what you look like to me, with your pathology training and your strong opinions? You look like a rube. A well-scrubbed, hustling rube, with a little taste. Good nutrition's given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you, LADoc? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed - pure West Virginia. What does your father do? Is he a coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp? You know how quickly the boys found you. All those tedious, sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars, while you could only dream of getting out. Getting anywhere, getting all the way to the F...B...I.

QUID PRO QUO BIOTCH :laugh:

geddy said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again!

LADoc00 said:
I did 46 crime scene investigations, 24 of those at the decedant's home, so technically, Ive done more home calls than other type of physician in my hospital.
Interesting.

Well, they're forcing phlebotomy down our throats (again) "in preparation for residency." I'm pretty sure we won't have to do that at all, am I right? Yet when one of us alluded to that fact, it was like zapping a fight dog with a cattle prod.

I am awestruck by geddy's post. :wow:

And I thought geddy was this nice docile person...but now the mask comes off. Someone came ready to fight!

AndyMilonakis said:
I am awestruck by geddy's post. :wow:

And I thought geddy was this nice docile person...but now the mask comes off. Someone came ready to fight!
I don't like bullies... first the lady in my talk today tried bullying me with talk of the dean, and then I saw the Mad Profiler's bullying perseveration in this forum... Call it displaced anger, call it righteous indignation... I don't know, but it felt good. :laugh:

Hey greddy is a sensitive brown log dressed in a suit

DasN said:
Hey greddy is a sensitive brown log dressed in a suit

He is my dad in RL.

Poo has parents too.

LADoc00 said:
He is my dad in RL.

Poo has parents too.
Poo has parents
Poo has feelings
Poo has emotions
Poo can give rise to little poo-lings after it eats too much.