*The Official January 2016 MCAT*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medaholic Dr

Houston, we've a problem !
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I don't see any thread made for January 2016 MCAT test date, so I thought to create one. I'll be graduating by the end of this year and will be giving my MCAT on January 2016. I had my test date set for September of this year, but something came up and I won't be able to dedicate myself to studying for the MCAT fully. So, let us make this thread rich with all the discussions about the MCAT. Let us support each other and make taking MCAT a pleasurable experience, so I think. Let's go.......

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
What's the first thing you guys will do if you get your ideal score?
search

Probably run around the house screaming. Then eat. And cry. Eat more. Cry more. Not do homework. Take pics of the score. Then Netflix and skip class tomorrow...

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview next Sat, 4 days after the score release. Should I check before or after?
I would check before, that way you know how seriously you should be pursuing that particular school. You may be way overqualified for that school and thus be able to go in there with confidence. If your scores are lower than their average, then you can go to your interview and stress your other strengths.

Reactions: 1 user
Sometimes it seems that the mcat boards are running a psychological test on us to see how we cope during this month of waiting

Before MCATS: hopes for 515+
Day before MCAT/On day: hopes for 512
Right after MCAT: hopes for 508
2 weeks in waiting period: hopes for 505
3 weeks in: hopes for 500
Day before: hopes for 499...halp
My current struggle.

Hey guys have any of you started receiving emails from med schools? I've gotten like 2. But I never signed up for anything. Only thing I could think of was signing up for the minorities in medicine thing when I registered for MCAT. Could MCAT have already released my scores to schools?
And before any one ask, yes this year would be my first time applying the only correspondence I've had with any medschool would be Thur the aamc when I registered for mcat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys have any of you started receiving emails from med schools? I've gotten like 2. But I never signed up for anything. Only thing I could think of was signing up for the minorities in medicine thing when I registered for MCAT. Could MCAT have already released my scores to schools?
And before any one ask, yes this year would be my first time applying the only correspondence I've had with any medschool would be Thur the aamc when I registered for mcat.
This reminds me, I got a random email from a top 20 med school MS4 student...and he was saying how he saw "how well I have done" and wanted me to send him my CV. I showed it to my premed advisors and they said it was a scam...plus the email was from a yahoo email not the schools. I have no idea how the heck they could get any of that data let alone know my personal school email address lol.

Needless to say, I didnt respond. I wanted to ask how he knew, but if he indeed was a student I wouldnt want to piss him off LOL

This reminds me, I got a random email from a top 20 med school MS4 student...and he was saying how he saw "how well I have done" and wanted me to send him my CV. I showed it to my premed advisors and they said it was a scam...plus the email was from a yahoo email not the schools. I have no idea how the heck they could get any of that data let alone know my personal school email address lol.

Needless to say, I didnt respond. I wanted to ask how he knew, but if he indeed was a student I wouldnt want to piss him off LOL

This was from an actual medical school inviting me to an open house. Think it's just a fluke though maybe Kaplan shared my information or something.

Will someone intubate me until Tuesday? Can't sleep
See, that would be amazing but that would mean I would miss my pchem exam :/
This was from an actual medical school inviting me to an open house. Think it's just a fluke though maybe Kaplan shared my information or something.
Ahh yeah could be Kaplan actually, as long as it wasn't some rando yahoo email address like mine lmao

I've just been sitting here and repeating PCR reactions and running gels to take my mind off of Tuesday, lol.

Ughhh so we now know scores won't be available in the morning on Tuesday. They. Are. Trying. To. Kill. Us.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-21-12-42-24.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-21-12-42-24.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 174
Ughhh so we now know scores won't be available in the morning on Tuesday. They. Are. Trying. To. Kill. Us.

I think they do that every morning before scores are released, but you should still be able to see scores at 5pm. Also, charge your phone and clear your notifications you animal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I think they do that every morning before scores are released, but you should still be able to see scores at 5pm. Also, charge your phone and clear your notifications you animal.
Well clearly his battery is dying because of all the times he has refreshed the AAMC website

Did you go to the virtual fair? If you visited the school's booth they are likely to have your info (I received something from one of those schools).

I got one of these as well, but they said if I gave my social security I would be guaranteed an acceptance. Still waiting for that letter...

2 days and we're going to have to wait until 5 pm ET to get scores on Tueaday... What am I supposed to do during class that day? Focus?
I know. I have vert lab from 1-4p tuesday, I'm probably going to get shark juice all over my phone checking aamc.

Is anyone else afraid you will not be able to summon the courage to check your score on Tuesday?

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone else afraid you will not be able to summon the courage to check your score on Tuesday?
I was like that the first time I checked my scores, but eventually you bite the bullet. I still remember sitting in my car last September and staring at my phone in disbelief at my 500. I hope that doesn't happen again.

I think I'll wait to check it on the weekend...:) My parents want to know, but I'm like, I'll just wait this one out so I can do my organic chemistry midterm with a happy mind. I don't feel good about my score any more. I was pretty okay coming out of the test, and now I think about it...can't remember a darn thing? I don't even know if I passed or got one question right. I think I'm going to cry. Maybe. IDK. Does anyone else feel this way? Has anyone felt this way and somehow gotten a great score?
I feel the exact same way. And yes, I had a friend who thought he did horrible and started restudying, but he ended up getting in like the 97% percentile and got accepted to NYU.

I feel the exact same way. And yes, I had a friend who thought he did horrible and started restudying, but he ended up getting in like the 97% percentile and got accepted to NYU.

Hopefully this happens to everyone in this thread, we all deserve 97% plus!

Anyone else gonna be checking the AAMC website at 1AM hoping the release scores early before everyone else knows?

Reactions: 1 users
Had a dream last night I was teaching undergrads about my research in C. fasciculata. It seemed like it was a seminar class and I was presenting my own data. Does this mean I applied to grad school instead of med school? Did I get a horrible MCAT again?

Are people posting their scores on here or has a new thread already started?
I wanna be a bystander and read everyone's before I check mines lol somehow my mind has warped to make me believe my score will change if everyone else did well. Level of paranoia: off charts

Does anyone know what time they usually release scores? (Even though I'm probably gonna check every 2 minutes anyway)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app