The Official January 26th, 2013 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MMa23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious to see how many people are taking it....

How many retakers? I am one

Members don't see this ad.

Retaking, even though I had excellent sciences. :(

(Oh, but I guess I should add that my verbal score was absolutely abysmal :D)

Members don't see this ad :)
Re-taker here as well.

How's everyone approaching these last 9 weeks or so? I'm contending with end of the term assignments and exams with school while trying to squeeze as much MCAT study time into the day. Luckily I finished content review yesterday so I plan to hammer out as much practice as possible.

I'm actually in the middle of my second review (first time review for the first mcat). I am using TBR for bio (passages only)/gchem/physics and EK for bio/organic chem. When are you all going to start focusing strictly on practice tests?

Retaker too.

I will be spending the whole December doing practice Qs and tests. Final polish on January. Sub 30 the first time last July.

I'm actually in the middle of my second review (first time review for the first mcat). I am using TBR for bio (passages only)/gchem/physics and EK for bio/organic chem. When are you all going to start focusing strictly on practice tests?

Starting December 26th. I don't want to start too early. I want to PEAK on January 26th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking in April, but just wondering when you guys are going to start doing FLs. Are most of you doing what SN2ed suggests and starting them a month out? At that point is 2 a week too many?

me too....the TPR practice exams are kicking my butt...been doing really poorly on them.....though i heard they are harder than the actual mcat, it's still so discouraging and definitely a morale crusher

How's everyone doing?

I've done most content review. Just need to start FL's once finals are over.

retaking as well! do you think finishing content review and practice around Dec. 26. and doing fls until test is enough time?

I'm being held back by finals right now which is really annoying. Anyone in a similar position?

I started doing FLs a few weeks ago and plan on doing em til exam time.

Has anyone taken any of the AAMC tests? I plan on taking 3 tomorrow. And spacing the rest out over about 3 days each.

Hi I am scheduled to take the MCATs in January. I was wondering if there is anyone who would want to become study partner till the exam?

Im a first timer. Took the kaplan online class but was more focused on my fall semester classes. Reviewing content and taking quizzes. I hope to be finished content by the 8th. Will start full lengths by the 3rd. :cool:

Hey totally down to study together with some people via skype especially if you plan on using mostly TBR passages. skype name: rafat2k9

I can't post my skype ID since it includes my full name so please PM me (kinda obvious) Also I posted on the other thread if other people taking the Jan MCAT would like to join our group.

Maybe you guys could also take a look in there if interested in the skype group.

For the re-takers are you just going through the AAMCs? I know the downside of doing so, but I just wanted to see how some re-takers are approaching this.

I've been doing mostly AAMC, but I'm also doing some of the TPR diagnostics to make sure I'm really applying all of the concepts.

Hey guys, I am retaking it on Jan 26 and had some questions...I did all of AAMC FLs last time around so should i retake those or take Kaplan FL or a mix of both?

Also, is anyone else using the Princeton Review Hyperlink Verbal workbook? I have been doing the first 43 passages and am getting extremely inconsistent scores. I do about 3 at a time from the front of the book and then 3 from the back next time and I am just curious if the passages from the back of the book are much more challenging than the front. Anyone else notice this?

I personally am going to redo the AAMCs. These are the most similar to the actual. I want to get in the mindset of how and the types of questions the actual will be asking.

I did the Princeton Review verbal workbook. From what I remember the passages in the middle of the book, I thought were a bit more challenging, but it depends on the person.

I did retake my practice tests. I quite remember the earlier and easier ones (3, 4, and 5 that resulted in near 40 scores). Every questions look familiar, but I don't think I even remember answers or how to solve for them. Except for verbal. I would say forget about the verbal because I remember the answers very well, so I am not counting in the verbal.

The toughest I did was 11, and boy it was like looking at a new test. The last time I did it was few hours before my actual test, and I did badly. Didn't review it last time so maybe that is why everything looks like new. Well the only exception is the Ebola passage which I expected to be difficult, but I actually know what it is talking about this time. I got it all wrong the last time, didn't check the correct answers, and got all correct the second time around.

Going to take 8, 7, and 10 soon. Also some TPR full lengths that I haven't touched, and finally AAMC 9 that I ignored last time. Awesome. :eek:

Yea dude I feel you completely. I've taken 4 and 5 again. I do remember most of the answers to the verbal, which is why I'm in a bit of a gray area. We'll see though, I definitely believe that I don't remember nearly as many answers for the later tests. I guess I can't complain too much though.

For those in NJ I'm trying to change my location to Hamilton rather than Fair Lawn. Crossing fingers for being able to change my testing location within the next few days.

Imma bumpin' this thread for those taking it in the next. few. weeks.

Let those last three words sink in and freak you out.

I am just kidding. Study hard and party hard later. :smuggrin:

First post on SDN. Been lurking for years.... Taking the 1/26 exam. It will be my first time taking the exam.

I've been studying since June with a one month break in September. I'm going out of my mind. Can't wait for it to be over and hope to god it's the only time I have to take it.

There's no way I'm taking it more than once. If I screw this up, the next test will be the GRE. :mad:

School starts for me next Wed. so I only have a week left to study full time. I'm ready for it to be over.