The Official July 2, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnnytest

MS-4
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else taking it this July 2nd?!

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone else actually calculate how many they for sure got wrong on PS and still end up with a great score? Im pretty sure I got at LEAST 6 wrong in my PS on August 7th(I remembered some of the questions afterwards) but I felt like I did terrible when I wrote it the first time and still managed an 11...I hope the curve is much better than the practice tests the PS for my test lots of people thought was very difficult

did anyone else actually calculate how many they for sure got wrong on PS and still end up with a great score? Im pretty sure I got at LEAST 6 wrong in my PS on August 7th(I remembered some of the questions afterwards) but I felt like I did terrible when I wrote it the first time and still managed an 11...I hope the curve is much better than the practice tests the PS for my test lots of people thought was very difficult

Curious to know this also

Reactions: 1 user
hello everyone!
i totally bombed this mcat :(my score came at a total surprise to me, given that I studied like crazy and was scoring pretty well, and I felt good during the exam and at the end as well.
unfortunately it was my retake, and looks like I will be taking it again. Really sucks to have everything, then all of a sudden the MCAT score comes around and ruins everything :(
But I will not let this exam define me! I'm sure there are lots of people who can relate.
I'm thinking of taking the mcat next year. I've been back and forth with the mcat for the past 2 yrs and i just need a break!!
i've been wanting to go into teaching for the longest time and its something I love!! (besides medicine ;) ) best wishes to everyone

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
FL AMMC: 28-32
Post-test expected score:26-30
Actual score: 28 (10/7/11)
First time taking it.

I know I'm average for total score, but I'm dissapointed in VR because my average was higher during practice. I'm happy with PS, as it seems that it was harder than usual. I'm re-taking the exam in 3 weeks (Sept 6th) and I'm planning to just read and read and read for a week before starting my review for the two other sections (most of it is still pretty fresh). Any tips from any of you for my next three weeks?
Congrats to those of you who have aced this, I'm very jealous!!!

hello everyone!
i totally bombed this mcat :(my score came at a total surprise to me, given that I studied like crazy and was scoring pretty well, and I felt good during the exam and at the end as well.
unfortunately it was my retake, and looks like I will be taking it again. Really sucks to have everything, then all of a sudden the MCAT score comes around and ruins everything :(
But I will not let this exam define me! I'm sure there are lots of people who can relate.
I'm thinking of taking the mcat next year. I've been back and forth with the mcat for the past 2 yrs and i just need a break!!
i've been wanting to go into teaching for the longest time and its something I love!! (besides medicine ;) ) best wishes to everyone
Don't give up! I'm pretty dissapointed too, and it's though to motivate yourself to restart studying for it. All the best!

posting on this thread to hopefully get some insight! i'm taking my mcat on august 15 and my AAMC avg is a 33.75 right now with the 9, 10, and 11 scores of 34, 35, and 36. is it reasonable to hope for a 36+?

Thanks and great job to everyone!

posting on this thread to hopefully get some insight! i'm taking my mcat on august 15 and my AAMC avg is a 33.75 right now with the 9, 10, and 11 scores of 34, 35, and 36. is it reasonable to hope for a 36+?

Thanks and great job to everyone!
You can hope for whatever you want to hope for, but plan on likely ending up within two pts of your overall average. So 32-36. If do you even better than that, you'll have good reason to be ecstatic.

I completely agree with the statement about EK. I used solely EK material as well and did one point better than to goal I set for myself (got a 34). I don't know why people dog on it.
I used solely Kaplan and there were few detail questions that wasn't covered in the books. I am guessing solely EK it is for my retake. Idk why but using solely one study plan makes me more psychologically prepared. It makes me feel like okay I know everything found among these books. In contrast when I use many different one, all the materials get stored in a messy way in my brain

I used solely Kaplan and there were few detail questions that wasn't covered in the books. I am guessing solely EK it is for my retake. Idk why but using solely one study plan makes me more psychologically prepared. It makes me feel like okay I know everything found among these books. In contrast when I use many different one, all the materials get stored in a messy way in my brain

i used TPR only for my first test and got a 29. this test i used EK only and got a 33.. these books are really helpful

You have to release it to AACOMAS through THX. You also have to input your AMCAS ID into the AACOMAS application. That is it though.

You have to go on your AAMC account where you can see your scores. From there you click a link on the bottom to Send Scores to wherever you want, and you'll have the option to select AACOMAS

I'm sorry...Super late reply, but thank you both for your responses!

just chiming in to say how much I do NOT miss these days hahaha, and hope all of your application cycles are going well!! :)

Reactions: 5 users