The Official June 21, 2012 MCAT thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adele358

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see alot of people make this thread for their MCAT date. I was unable to find one for this date so I took the liberty to make one. Please share what you have found works or does not work for you?

Members don't see this ad.

There's no way to cram verbal IMO. Go in, do every passage sequentially, do every question sequentially (ie. no skipping around). If you're unsure, mark it and move on. Paying attention to the question stems is also a good way to anchor your answers.

Do whatever you want, it's your application. If you're not comfortable with what you have now, then fix it and move on with the process.

Talk about terse. Did that kind of demeanor get you into med school?

Last edited:
A bit late but here are my numbers:
AAMC 3 - 26
AAMC 4 - 25
AAMC 5 - 28
AAMC 10 - 26
AAMC practice average - 26.25 PS 8, VR 10, BS 8
Actual Scores - 26P PS 8, VR 10, BS 8

I scored a 26 on my very first practice AAMC and studied for four months during the spring semester and two weeks after. I expected anywhere between 27 and 30 after the test. I did not expect an 8 in PS at all, thought it was a 9 at least :(. I also thought VR was higher than a 10.

AACOMAS Overall gpa 3.41, science gpa 3.56, non-science gpa 3.36

I'm not crazy about my gpa or MCAT score, but I believe they'll get me an acceptance somewhere. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
How is the cycle going for everyone else? I wish I didn't lag on my LORs. I am not complete anywhere because I'm still waiting on one that will take at least another 3 weeks, FML. Hopefully I can be complete at all my schools by the last week of August. Then it's time to pull out the 8-ball, tarot cards, and some palm reading. Any of you guys already/planning on a retake and still applying this cycle?

Good luck everyone

How is the cycle going for everyone else? I wish I didn't lag on my LORs. I am not complete anywhere because I'm still waiting on one that will take at least another 3 weeks, FML. Hopefully I can be complete at all my schools by the last week of August. Then it's time to pull out the 8-ball, tarot cards, and some palm reading. Any of you guys already/planning on a retake and still applying this cycle?

Good luck everyone

Still under verification. Don't worry about being "late" sdn timelines are exaggerations.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 via tapatalk

I am retaking Sept-11.. I know it is super late, but after speaking to a few schools about my situation. that is what they asked me to do, and I am going to go for it!

You're not alone, I'm retaking sept 7th, and feeling the same stress of being late. However I'm applying DO, so I submitted my primary with my first score so I can start working on secondaries, and I explained that I'm retaking. If you are applying DO and got at least a 25, this is what I'd suggest you do, however I'm not sure about MD schools.

I am retaking Sept-11.. I know it is super late, but after speaking to a few schools about my situation. that is what they asked me to do, and I am going to go for it!

Good luck! Main thing is just keep trying, overcome any and all obstacles that are in your way if becoming a doctor!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 via tapatalk

Retaking as well and few of the schools suggested a retake as well. Received quite an honest/blunt replies as well :laugh:. I've pretty much put a hold in my secondaries...no point in continuing with the process unless I know the score's improved.