*** The Official LECOM Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Had my interview today and was impressed with the staff and facilities. First off I know many of people dislike this school, and after the interview I really don't know how. I had my concerns going in (board pass rates, pbl, clinical patients) and I really shouldn't have. The first graduating class passed part I of their boards at 95%. I was worried about the passing of the typodont exam, and I was told by 3rd year that half the 1st graduating class passed, and 90% the second time they took it. Since then, LECOM has changed the curriculum a bit with a review class for the 3rd years to prep them for the test and competency tests they must pass before taking this exam. I was also told they are beginning to put patients on the wait list for their clinic and most 3rd years are booked for 3 weeks. Overall, I was impressed. The interview and the entire day was relaxing and I'm definitely glad I went as I can see myself attending there. Any more questions anyone has I'd be happy to answer them!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
for those of you accepted that already paid your deposit-- did you get confirmation that it was received? i saw in the USPS tracking that it reached their office today but i haven't gotten any email confirming this. Also how long after they received your deposit did you get the matriculation/acceptance packet? thanks

Excited! Interviewing coming thursday Jan 21st ! anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone going to an interview here on February 11th?

Reactions: 1 users
Will be cancelling my interview for January 28th this Monday, hope someone gets my spot and best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed December 17th and I am wait listed. Hoping for good news soon :( Good luck to everyone!

I interviewed December 17th and I am wait listed. Hoping for good news soon :( Good luck to everyone!
2 more weeks.... 2 more weeks people! hang in there! my days aren't passing!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I found out on jan 7th when my status changed on the AADSAS website.

2 more weeks.... 2 more weeks people! hang in there! my days aren't passing!!!!
Are you wait listed too? I know all I do is work everyday to make sure time flies hahahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
What are my chances of getting accepted? I have 3.85/3.81 science/overall and 21/21/18 DAT. Solid EC's. I can't tell if my interview was bad or not though.

What are my chances of getting accepted? I have 3.85/3.81 science/overall and 21/21/18 DAT. Solid EC's. I can't tell if my interview was bad or not though.
Lol thanks for making me feel pathetic. Why are you even worrying with those scores?

Reactions: 2 users
Does everyone get the status as "received/under review" and the status defined as "file is currently under review by the Admissions Committee"?

Does everyone get the status as "received/under review" and the status defined as "file is currently under review by the Admissions Committee"?
I have the same thing..

Cus I already got 3 rejections :(
Each school has its own philosophy. LECOM has accepted applicants that have much lower stats that you do, which proves that stats are not the most important thing. But, if your stats are what's worrying you, then you shouldn't. You stats are high, and very competitive. Have confidence, in a couple of weeks you'll get the answer.

Last edited:
Cus I already got 3 rejections :(
If you think that the interview is the glitch, you might try doing a mock interview or two. My campus has a career center where they will hold mock interviews and offer objective critiques. It might give a little more insight into the first impression you project to a new acquaintance. You're obviously qualified academically. Good luck!

does anyone know if they send out rejections early for those interviewed in January, or we must wait till the beginning of the month to know that as well? did anyone ask?

does anyone know if they send out rejections early for those interviewed in January, or we must wait till the beginning of the month to know that as well? did anyone ask?
They said they will do rejection wait list and acceptance in 2 weeks

She said that acceptances are more likely going to be send on the afternoon of Feb 3 before she goes home.
Do you know if that includes everyone that interviewed up to that point? I interview January 28 thats why I ask

Do you know if that includes everyone that interviewed up to that point? I interview January 28 thats why I ask
Yes, if I'm not mistaken they meet the same day after the interview.

Any updates on how many people have placed a deposit?!

Any updates on how many people have placed a deposit?!
No clue. However, next round of acceptances is February 4th and Lisa said it will update at midnight on aadsas.

didn't she say Monday, the 1st of February?
on my interview day she said that it is officially on feb 4th. she said that she will update the status before she leaves her office on feb 3rd, and she will assume that aadsas will change the update at 12 AM feb 4th.. But as of the round in january, people saw the update almost immediately around 4-6 pm. So i'm expecting that we'll get an answer on feb 3rd in the afternoon.

Reactions: 1 users
for those of you accepted that already paid your deposit-- did you get confirmation that it was received? i saw in the USPS tracking that it reached their office today but i haven't gotten any email confirming this. Also how long after they received your deposit did you get the matriculation/acceptance packet? thanks
You can check it on the portal...I don't remember how long exactly it took but it wasn't too long before the update and I got my matriculation packet that night as an email.

You can check it on the portal...I don't remember how long exactly it took but it wasn't too long before the update and I got my matriculation packet that night as an email.
yah i ended up getting it shortly after i posted lol thanks though

ONE more week!!!!!!:nailbiting:

Reactions: 4 users
same just got a interview email at 9:30AM for the 11th. I'm from PA too.
did u ever get an email from them a couple months ago saying they will review your app again in 90 days ?

I am going to be withdrawing my interview in a few weeks. Hopefully one of you guys gets it! It looks like a great school!

did u ever get an email from them a couple months ago saying they will review your app again in 90 days ?

I never got that email, my portal said something along the lines of "your application has been to the admission's comitee for further review, you will be notified once a decision has been made." My portal has been like that since August, I think they were waiting until Academic update for me.

Hey, i had the same status last year, and I called and apparently they needed a copy of my green card. And, according to last year's thread, they put this status if they are waiting for some paper work from you. Just call and ask.. Don't worry, I was refused last year because I wasn't going to be able to finish my degree before August and academic year at lecom starts in July. I hope this helps

I interview tomorrow and I'm super nervous!
Please don't be! it is really a free and friendly ambience.... just prepare by knowing the basic information about the school and the common dental interview questions.. know that you are in a group, and you should just show them that you can work in a team! thats all what they wanna see..

Please don't be! it is really a free and friendly ambience.... just prepare by knowing the basic information about the school and the common dental interview questions.. know that you are in a group, and you should just show them that you can work in a team! thats all what they wanna see..
Thank you :)!!!

ShootItLizbe

Don't worry. I feel like you're chances are Better then the people on the wait list. Just be yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users