**The Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Thanks for your replies everyone - seems like a trend of OOS. First interview date offered will be Sept. 30th.

Members don't see this ad.

No interview here. OOS. Last years thread look ls like OOS are sent out all at once today and In state the next day. Congrats to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No interview here. OOS. Last years thread look ls like OOS are sent out all at once today and In state the next day. Congrats to everyone!
Thanks for researching that for me. I was so worried, I guess get to anticipate another day!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS (IN) Interview invite. 3.75 GPA 21DAT

@SableFire Did your interview take the whole time?
4 sessions.
Tour (45 minutes)
Financial aid (45 minutes)
Interview (4 interviews 10 minutes each)
Student Panel (45 minutes)
Lunch (morning and afternoon groups eat together it was Panera the last two years) I think it's an hour or so. During the sessions you are with 3 other students and you are with each other all day. There are 16 interviewees in the morning and 16 in the afternoon.

Reactions: 2 users
Invite today. OOS. My app was completed at like 1130am and got invited at 220pm. I paid my fee and was invited lol. Congrats to everyone!

Good stats, better than mine! I still have a little hope. I'm in state...

Would Marquette take preference? They are a private school. **Idk, I am more asking then saying***

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow haha congrats on beating the deadline! lol
Invite today. OOS. My app was completed at like 1130am and got invited at 220pm. I paid my fee and was invited lol. Congrats to everyone![/QUOTE

What do you mean? Take preference in what?

I am asking, does marquette take in state with preference. Cause they are a private school and have no obligation to support their state.

Would Marquette take preference? They are a private school. **Idk, I am more asking then saying***
Marquette accepts 50 in state and 50 out of state.

Reactions: 1 user
I am asking, does marquette take in state with preference. Cause they are a private school and have no obligation to support their state.
Right, like DMikes said, 50/50. The IS odds are better than OOS, however.

Marquette accepts 50 in state and 50 out of state.

How many interviews? Im not trying to weigh chances. I've been fortunate to get an interview.

It would be nice, seeing that almost 2300 students applied for 100 spots.

How many interviews? Im not trying to weigh chances. I've been fortunate to get an interview.

I was only given numbers for IS. How did you find that 2300 applied?

Interview! International student here! I've been confirmed for Oct 3rd. Anyone going on that day too?
P.S: LOL I just checked the above link from Admissions and found out that last year's class have 56 women compared to 44 men. As a single female looking for a potential partner in d-school I'm slightly discouraged. Jk! :p

Last edited:

Class entering fall 2014 per ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools

OOS 2,063 applied, 220 interviewed, 102 accepted, 49 enrolled (international makes 50)

In state 187 applied, 112 interviewed, 56 accepted, 50 enrolled

Class entering fall 2014 per ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools

OOS 2,063 applied, 220 interviewed, 102 accepted, 49 enrolled (international makes 50)

In state 187 applied, 112 interviewed, 56 accepted, 50 enrolled
Thanks! How do you know the number of accepted students though?
So basically getting an interview invite as an OOS applicant is a small achievement? :D

Last edited:
Should basically getting an interview invite as an OOS applicant is a small achievement? :D
He quoted it from the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools. It's a very big achievement. You're in the Top 200 OOS vs. OOS 2,000 applicants.

Question. If they accept 150 people. In the odd case. What if 110 people commit? I know they don't fill it all at once, but if you think about it, they do gamble and send extras each time. I ask this more as a general for all schools, just using the numbers form above.

Question. If they accept 150 people. In the odd case. What if 110 people commit? I know they don't fill it all at once, but if you think about it, they do gamble and send extras each time. I ask this more as a general for all schools, just using the numbers form above.
You see they always over accept because they already statistically know that not everyone will enroll because they tend to offer acceptances to applicants that already have had multiple interviews/offers, which they can see through AADSAS. It's more of a safe bet than a gamble on their end.

Should basically getting an interview invite as an OOS applicant is a small achievement? :D
The Official Guide lists stats for nearly every school that shows number of applicants, number offered interviews, number accepted, and number enrolled for both in and out of state. And getting an interview invite is a great achievement! But Marquette really values how a student will fit into its program, and the interviews are also very important. Here is a link to a magazine they put out. Look at pages 3-5, it discusses their approach to selective students. Not super specific, but you get a feel for what they want and what type of a school it is. https://issuu.com/marquetteu/docs/dental-images-summer-2016/1?e=3052848/37615121

Last edited:
4 sessions.
Tour (45 minutes)
Financial aid (45 minutes)
Interview (4 interviews 10 minutes each)
Student Panel (45 minutest asks! )
Lunch (morning and afternoon groups eat together it was Panera the last two years) I think it's an hour or so. During the sessions you are with 3 other students and you are with each other all day. There are 16 interviewees in the morning and 16 in the afternoon.

Hi, what is the student panel like? Do we ask them questions or do they ask us interviewees questions?

Also, what was your impression of the interviews? They're MMI right?

Thanks!

Hi, what is the student panel like? Do we ask them questions or do they ask us interviewees questions?

Also, what was your impression of the interviews? They're MMI right?

Thanks!
Student panel is a give and take type of thing. It is important that you speak up and make a good impression becuase they can give the committee feedback. They aren't the end all be all but it can be a help.
The last two years I have made sure to ask questions even if I already knew the answer and my feedback was positive.
It's pretty relaxed and informal but a chance to gain some positive feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Student panel is a give and take type of thing. It is important that you speak up and make a good impression becuase they can give the committee feedback. They aren't the end all be all but it can be a help.
The last two years I have made sure to ask questions even if I already knew the answer and my feedback was positive.
It's pretty relaxed and informal but a chance to gain some positive feedback.

Thank you so much! :) I'll make sure to ask questions. How many interviewees attend one panel? It might be easier to stand out with less interviewees there

hey guys,

I called in to register for my interview date and they told me I'm confirmed for my date but that I would get a confirmation email later (probably around Friday). Is that what you guys were told too?

Thanks!!!

hey guys,

I called in to register for my interview date and they told me I'm confirmed for my date but that I would get a confirmation email later (probably around Friday). Is that what you guys were told too?

Thanks!!!

I wasn't specifically told Friday, but yes.

hey guys,

Thanks!!!
I also called yesterday and they said that I will get an email with additional information sometimes soon.

Did you all get emails at the exact same time or different times?

Did you all get emails at the exact same time or different times?
Im pretty sure OOS went out a few days ago and IS just went out today my IS pre-dent friends just got the email as did I.

Im pretty sure OOS went out a few days ago and IS just went out today my IS pre-dent friends just got the email as did I.
Sweet. Got no interview if it was the same minute that it was sent out.

The ONLY possibility is that they went on lunch and will send more after lunch. It said application complete 8/8/16. I'm not are how they are doing things. I know the first people out of state said anything first at around 2:00 pm. This is so sad :(

Edit: Has anyone's status changed for AADSAS?

The ONLY possibility is that they went on lunch and will send more after lunch. It said application complete 8/8/16. I'm not are how they are doing things. I know the first people out of state said anything first at around 2:00 pm. This is so sad :(

aadsas portal hasn't changed probably wont its not very accurate. can I ask stats?

My portal is still the same.

Yea, I'm out this cycle. Congratulations everyone! Keep me posted how everything goes!