**The Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

SableFire

D4
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I'd make one since I haven't seen one yet. I got accepted there last year on Dec 1st after spending the previous year on the waitlist and then the alternate list. If you have any question ask away! Also they send out their fall interviews in one big batch at the beginning of September so get those applications in! They don't really interview much post December.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a supplemental? I haven't received one.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my AADSAS application and why am I not hearing anything about their fee or secondary or anything... has anyone heard back after AADSAS submission?

I submitted my AADSAS application and why am I not hearing anything about their fee or secondary or anything... has anyone heard back after AADSAS submission?

"Application received" email with a link through which you pay the $45 fee

Reactions: 1 user
yea I certainly did not get that application received email. my stuff were mailed out from AADSAS on 7/29

Today's the first business day since it's been mailed out...... give it some time. Sounded like you submitted weeks ago lol

I visited the admissions office last week. They took my unofficial DAT scores, made a copy, and Cassie marked my application as complete in the system while I was there. However, AADSAS still says "waiting on additional information." Just thought I would share if anyone was interested.

I visited the admissions office last week. They took my unofficial DAT scores, made a copy, and Cassie marked my application as complete in the system while I was there. However, AADSAS still says "waiting on additional information." Just thought I would share if anyone was interested.
Did you receive an app complete email? I haven't. (App has been complete since July 21st)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you receive an app complete email? I haven't. (App has been complete since July 21st)
No, unfortunately I have not had it adjusted in AADSAS, or an e-mail stating it was complete. I'm not sure if Cassie will still do that since she already told me in person. However, I did watch Cassie adjust my application to "complete" on their personal application managing program. She then proceeded to inform me that it was good that I stopped in to complete my application last month, and that I had a solid chance for an interview due to the quality and timing of my application. Then Cassie proceeded to give me her "in-state chance of interview" estimates for the application cycle this year. For example, she told me how many in-state interviews they were giving out this year, etc. Hope my information helps everyone out - if any users were curious.

Last edited:
No, unfortunately I have not had it adjusted in AADSAS, or an e-mail stating it was complete. I'm not sure if Cassie will still do that since she already told me in person. However, I did watch Cassie adjust my application to "complete" on their personal application managing program. She then proceeded to inform me that it was good that I stopped in to complete my application last month, and that I had a solid chance for an interview due to the quality and timing of my application. Then Cassie proceeded to give me her "in-state chance of interview" estimates for the application cycle this year. For example, she told me how many in-state interviews they were giving out this year, etc. Hope my information helps everyone out - if any users were curious.

If you don't mind me ask, what were her estimates for in-state interviews for this year?

If you don't mind me ask, what were her estimates for in-state interviews for this year?
Her estimates were as follows:

• Approximately, there would be a rough total of a little over 2,000 applications total.
    • Out of the 2,000 applications, approximately 150-160 would be in-state applications.
  • By the time that they are ready to send out interview invitations, she said that there would be approximately 140 in-state applications complete and ready for an interview.
    • They are going to offer 92 in-state interviews out of the 140 applications.
  • Out of the 92 in-state interviews, they would offer 50 in-state acceptances on December 1st.

My application status had been changed today on AADSAS to "received/under review."

My AADSAS status has been "Received/Under Review" since over a month ago... However, today they emailed me to ask about clarification for one of my requirements. Does that mean they are now actively reviewing applications?

My AADSAS status has been "Received/Under Review" since over a month ago... However, today they emailed me to ask about clarification for one of my requirements. Does that mean they are now actively reviewing applications?
See, that I don't know, because my official DAT just got uploaded on the 4th, so it makes sense that mine would change. Maybe they are?

Thank you! Makes me feel a little less nervous as an in-state student :)

Looking at previous years' threads, I think most interviews are sent usually on September 9th... Do you guys think they will send interview invitations this week?

Looking at previous years' threads, I think most interviews are sent usually on September 9th... Do you guys think they will send interview invitations this week?

I hope so!!

Sheer curiosity, I couldn't find this on my own research... do marquette students get preference in the admissions process?

yes.

Sheer curiosity, I couldn't find this on my own research... do marquette students get preference in the admissions process?
It may help, but I think (researching how Marquette SoD admits) that they would treat those applicants like any other student from another school. I think the two advantages that they have would be: 1) being an in-state applicant (less applicants in the pool for in-state = better odds of interview/acceptance) and 2) possibly a letter of rec. being from a familiar colleague.

I guess they didn't send out invites yesterday. I was also told by a student they were going to, but I guess only the admissions people really know.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

I don't believe so. Except according to the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools, Marquette considers the "quality of undergraduate institute attended" as a factor in admission. So one would assume that they consider their own school favorably in that regard. So to that extent, maybe.

Last edited:
I have interviewed at Marquette the last two years. As an in-stater I received my invites 9/9/14 and 9/10/15. I was a little concerned that I hadn't heard from them. I'm in graduate school down the road at the medical college so I bopped in on Friday and the director Brian is out of town until Monday. This is most likely the reason that invites are later this year.

Reactions: 1 users
I have interviewed at Marquette the last two years. As an in-stater I received my invites 9/9/14 and 9/10/15. I was a little concerned that I hadn't heard from them. I'm in graduate school down the road at the medical college so I bopped in on Friday and the director Brian is out of town until Monday. This is most likely the reason that invites are later this year.
Thanks for sharing. That's most likely the reason. I'm not worried.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Congratulations! What did the e-mail say? I heard invites were not going out until mid-week?

For those of you interviewed, did aadsas status change at all?

No interview, very bummed out. MU was my only hope... :(

=(, no interview
Are you in-state or out of state? Unless they only e-mailed out of state today, or something - not sure. What were your stats like? I can't even focus on my lecture right now I'm so upset.

Are you in-state or out of state? Unless they only e-mailed out of state today, or something - not sure. What were your stats like? I can't even focus on my lecture right now I'm so upset.

OOS, 3.4, 21TS, 21AA, none below 20...so sad

Im also out of state ( IL)