You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official May 17, 2014 MCAT Thread
Started by oobie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
@Blown Away what was your score last year using TBR?
not good. im using only tpr and ek.
it didnt work well for me but everyone is different
Your current scores are great! God forbid I have to retake, I think I will just use TPR and EK to get my Bio score higher. PS and VR have always been 10-11 for me. BS has been 7-9 range, so very low. Weak content foundation 🙁
I used BR for PS, liked it. Didnt look at it for VR and BS.
I used BR for PS, liked it. Didnt look at it for VR and BS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
youll be fine. i messed up last year trying to memorize all the details.Your current scores are great! God forbid I have to retake, I think I will just use TPR and EK to get my Bio score higher. PS and VR have always been 10-11 for me. BS has been 7-9 range, so very low. Weak content foundation 🙁
I used BR for PS, liked it. Didnt look at it for VR and BS.
tbr for ps is unparralled. i agree with you. i like ek for bio and especially orgo.
I hope you rock the exam!
same to you friend. it has been a long journey for me. i want to put this exam behind me already.
ps sorry for the typos, on mobile internet.
Took a shower this time and had a bottle of Gatorade as my snack, and just finished AAMC7.
Result:
AAMC7: 13/12/11 (PS/VS/BS)
Running track:
AAMC3: 31 (11/10/10)
AAMC7: 36 (13/12/11)
Perhaps being more awake, and having something to drink, helped ...
Result:
AAMC7: 13/12/11 (PS/VS/BS)
Running track:
AAMC3: 31 (11/10/10)
AAMC7: 36 (13/12/11)
Perhaps being more awake, and having something to drink, helped ...
Coming down to the wire. What's everyone doing for the final days leading into the exam?
I still have one FL that I'm going to do on the 14th (AAMC 5). Review it 14th and 15th. Do NOTHING on the 16th. Bang this beast out on the 17th.
I still have one FL that I'm going to do on the 14th (AAMC 5). Review it 14th and 15th. Do NOTHING on the 16th. Bang this beast out on the 17th.
I'm going to do AAMC 8 on the 13th and then AAMC 11 on the 15th, and review it on the 15th.
16th I'm going to do light review on formulaes and tables/diagrams for biol.
Then do my best on the 17th and hope I don't have to retake!
16th I'm going to do light review on formulaes and tables/diagrams for biol.
Then do my best on the 17th and hope I don't have to retake!
I'm going to do AAMC 8 on the 13th and then AAMC 11 on the 15th, and review it on the 15th.
16th I'm going to do light review on formulaes and tables/diagrams for biol.
Then do my best on the 17th and hope I don't have to retake!
Sounds good!
Coming down to the wire. What's everyone doing for the final days leading into the exam?
I still have one FL that I'm going to do on the 14th (AAMC 5). Review it 14th and 15th. Do NOTHING on the 16th. Bang this beast out on the 17th.
AAMC 11 tomorrow and just review notes from previous exams! So ready to finish this exam and partaaayyyy (with my PS lol)
Just wanted to say good luck to you all, a few more days and you are done 🙂
Just took AAMC 3. Got a 11/10/11. Going to take AAMC 7 FL (old one with 85 min VR :O) tomorrow.
After taking AAMC 7 FL I got a 9/9/10. I don't know how accurate this is, but I also found the score if it were out of the same number of questions the CBT is (52, 40, 52) and used my EK practice test raw score conversion chart which turned out to be 10/9/10. Taking that FL was excruciating. I don't think it would be worth it for me to buy the CBTs at this point, though.
After taking AAMC 7 FL I got a 9/9/10. I don't know how accurate this is, but I also found the score if it were out of the same number of questions the CBT is (52, 40, 52) and used my EK practice test raw score conversion chart which turned out to be 10/9/10. Taking that FL was excruciating. I don't think it would be worth it for me to buy the CBTs at this point, though.
Last edited:
AAMC 7: Phys: 12, Verb: 9, Bio: 13.
AAMC 8: Phys: 12, Verb: 10, Bio: 11
AAMC 9 : Phys: 13, Vebal: 9, Bio: 11
AAMC 10 : Phys: 12, Vebal: 10, Bio: 12
AAMC 4 : PS: 13, VR 10, BS: 12
AAMC 3: PS: 13, VR 8, BS 11
AAMC 11 PS: 11 VR 8 BS 12.
(deleted)
My fate is sealed (hopefully). Good luck to everyone this Saturday.
AAMC 8: Phys: 12, Verb: 10, Bio: 11
AAMC 9 : Phys: 13, Vebal: 9, Bio: 11
AAMC 10 : Phys: 12, Vebal: 10, Bio: 12
AAMC 4 : PS: 13, VR 10, BS: 12
AAMC 3: PS: 13, VR 8, BS 11
AAMC 11 PS: 11 VR 8 BS 12.
(deleted)
My fate is sealed (hopefully). Good luck to everyone this Saturday.
Last edited:
Meant to say AAMC 5 for that last score.AAMC 7: Phys: 12, Verb: 9, Bio: 13.
AAMC 8: Phys: 12, Verb: 10, Bio: 11
AAMC 9 : Phys: 13, Vebal: 9, Bio: 11
AAMC 10 : Phys: 12, Vebal: 10, Bio: 12
AAMC 4 : PS: 13, VR 10, BS: 12
AAMC 3: PS: 13, VR 8, BS 11
AAMC 11 PS: 11 VR 8 BS 12
(deleted)
My fate is sealed (hopefully). Good luck to everyone this Saturday.
AAMC 5 ps 11 vr 10 BS 13
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
good luck on saturday to all
dem cortisone levels be shooting up
Please describe, starting from the hypothalamus, the organs and hormones involved in increasing cortisone levels
😉
I legitimately woke up and compared myself to a prisoner on death row. I was like, "This is it...my last day." I am having mini heart palpitations. Going to work out and get my hair done and then scope out the testing center. I woke up extra early so hopefully I'll be tired enough to sleep tonight! Nervous!!!What are you guys up to today?
Woke up at 545, did some verbal and now I'm just lightly reviewing. Closing shop at 7pm.What are you guys up to today?
****ing nervous as hell.
Good luck to everyone tomorrow!! I'm doing some light review, and packing up for the drive to my test centre to stay in a motel tonight.
I hope i hit my AAMC avg!
Remember it is just a test, relax and go in calm and collected - let the rest of your natural instincts take over.
I hope i hit my AAMC avg!
Remember it is just a test, relax and go in calm and collected - let the rest of your natural instincts take over.
AAMC 3 CBT: 10/11/7
AAMC 4R: 11/9/7
AAMC 5R: 10/10/9
AAMC 10 CBT: 9/11/9
AAMC 8 CBT: 9/9/11
AAMC 11 CBT: 10/10/10
Goal: 10/10/10
AAMC 4R: 11/9/7
AAMC 5R: 10/10/9
AAMC 10 CBT: 9/11/9
AAMC 8 CBT: 9/9/11
AAMC 11 CBT: 10/10/10
Goal: 10/10/10
Long time lurker here, have a quick question: how early is everyone going to the test center?
Good luck everyone!!! The nerves and anxiety is really starting to kick in sighhh
Good luck everyone!!! The nerves and anxiety is really starting to kick in sighhh
Long time lurker here, have a quick question: how early is everyone going to the test center?
Good luck everyone!!! The nerves and anxiety is really starting to kick in sighhh
I'm aiming to be there at 7:25, right on time for when they say to be there. No point in waking up super early if they won't even be open

Had a final at 9am ... ended up waking up at around 6am ... dunno why.What are you guys up to today?
After 2hr30min of writing ... my brain was just "SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING"
Now it's 9:31pm and I'm doing some practice passages from TPR
Really hoping that AAMC7 was not a fluke ... and just be alert tomorrow (hopefully my Gatorade is enough ... IT'S GOT ELECTROLYTES). Going over other FLs, my problem seems to me not getting enough information out of the passage (which is what the MCAT problems are like nowadays...)
Just hope for a sunny day to cheer me up ... Upstate NY just got hit with 50s and gray skies 🙁
Let's kill it tomorrow!
I'm bringing Powerade and couple Nature Valley granola bars. What are you guys bringing? I want to take a PS test just to cement things but I don't know if it's worth it at this point. Regardless, WE GOT THIS GUYS! We're all going to be physicians one day and this is just one hurdle we gotta get over.
Good luck everyone! I know you guys will do your best.
Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about this.Ehhhhhhh....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a feeling that pre-determined "curve" is going to be UNFORGIVING. lol
I have a feeling that pre-determined "curve" is going to be UNFORGIVING. lol
Was it easier compared to the AAMCs?
Personally, it seemed that way. Which is why I say the raw score to scale score conversion might be less than forgiving. Then again.. maybe I'm just glad it's over lol
It almost feels like it was a trap into having a false sense of security lol
Last edited:
Ps was easy. Vr I dunno. Never feel good about vr. Seemed like an odd section. Bs about normal. A few I should have know that I think I got wrong and one real rough passage but the rest was pretty fair and not to difficult.
What did you guys think?
What did you guys think?
I thought PS was hard. I ran out of time. But it's also the section I'm least confident in.
I thought Verbal was normal, but I was confident in that.
I thought BS was about normal. Less orgo than on practice tests. Was confident in bio though.
I thought overall it was a decent exam and I hope I did well.
I thought Verbal was normal, but I was confident in that.
I thought BS was about normal. Less orgo than on practice tests. Was confident in bio though.
I thought overall it was a decent exam and I hope I did well.
PS: Easier than expected
VR: More comprehendible than AAMC but slightly more difficult question and longer question stems
BS: Typical of AAMC
VR: More comprehendible than AAMC but slightly more difficult question and longer question stems
BS: Typical of AAMC
PS: I thought it was easier to comprehend, but a lot of calculations more than normal. I didnt like this section
VB: It was ok...
BS: I thought typical and a little easier than normal.
Just worried for PS and VB, you never know :/
VB: It was ok...
BS: I thought typical and a little easier than normal.
Just worried for PS and VB, you never know :/
Would you'll say every topic from today's exam was from the aamc exams? no surprises?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree with edm, thought PS was definitely harder than practice tests. VR very uninteresting but on par w practice test I thought. BS about on par as well. Many passages were similar to previous passages from practice tests.
Similar similar or similar in difficulty?
Both lol. I just started taking my aamc materials after 3 months of content review and practice passages. I take my exam july 12Similar similar or similar in difficulty?
Wait, how do you know then? Lol im confused .. did you write it today?Both lol. I just started taking my aamc materials after 3 months of content review and practice passages. I take my exam july 12
I feel exactly the same. PS raped me. VR and BS were fine....ps always freaks me out though. Def ran out of timeI thought PS was hard. I ran out of time. But it's also the section I'm least confident in.
I thought Verbal was normal, but I was confident in that.
I thought BS was about normal. Less orgo than on practice tests. Was confident in bio though.
I thought overall it was a decent exam and I hope I did well.
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E