The Official May 22, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dramatrauma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, I *could* withdraw my app...I would only be a reapplicant at one school I am not very excited about.
Getting increasingly nervous. I have a family event coming up right before score release and I am going to spend the whole time trying not to talk about applying to medical school. Fortunately, no one in my family is a doctor or knows anything about the application process, so no pointed questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Come to think of it, I *could* withdraw my app...I would only be a reapplicant at one school I am not very excited about.
Getting increasingly nervous. I have a family event coming up right before score release and I am going to spend the whole time trying not to talk about applying to medical school. Fortunately, no one in my family is a doctor or knows anything about the application process, so no pointed questions.

It'll all be ok, no worries
Enjoy your next couple of weeks before secondaries

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck May 22ers- I was in your place about a month ago waiting for the April 24 score. A word of advice that helped me stay cool in the days leading up to the score release- I let myself sort of purge out all my MCAT thoughts for a short period in the day- went on sdn, thought about questions, and sweated it out, then I tried to forget about it for the rest of the day. Then on the release day, honestly have a drink or two!! It will help you relax and stay sane. Good luck!

They're supposed to send the trial section results by email before 4 pm central time. According to the May 17 thread, if you didn't put a good enough effort into the trial section, you won't get an email at all.

Got the giftcard.

"You answered 56% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the top quarter as compared to others who received the same Trial Section questions as you."

LOLOLOL. My trial section was, like, all sociology vocab junk that I know nothing of. Was guessing left and right. Can't believe it was the top quartile.

Got 56% on the biochem section, put me in the top quartile. I wonder how they will use this data to set the curves if barely anyone will really take this section seriously. 56% sounds low for the top quartile lol.

Got the giftcard.

"You answered 56% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the top quarter as compared to others who received the same Trial Section questions as you."

LOLOLOL. My trial section was, like, all sociology vocab junk that I know nothing of. Was guessing left and right. Can't believe it was the top quartile.

If only guessing on the actual MCAT could land you a spot in the top quartile

Reactions: 1 users
"You answered 50% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the top half as compared to others who received the same Trial Section questions as you."

LOL >___>; Well that's what happens when you try to test someone who didn't study for Biochem.
Oh well. GIFTCARD!

Members don't see this ad :)
66% on Biochem - still says top quartile. I wonder if the only possibilities are top quartile, top half, top 3-quarters?? Or would they tell you if you were in the 1% or 10%. Obviously, it matters little....just like to wonder. :thinking:

So excited and anxious to know my score. I keep trying to picture that I'm getting a 28 so I won't be disappointed.

So when can we check the scores? Also - I normally struggle like crazy with verbal but had no difficulty with this section whatsoever. On the other hand, physics is always strong for me but I ran out of time with for 3 passages somehow and had to guess on them. (Did not expect all of those calculations!!) Im trying to justify it by hoping for a high score in verbal. The curve will probably be bad though no? (nonetheless I continued studying afterwards)

So when can we check the scores? Also - I normally struggle like crazy with verbal but had no difficulty with this section whatsoever. On the other hand, physics is always strong for me but I ran out of time with for 3 passages somehow and had to guess on them. (Did not expect all of those calculations!!) Im trying to justify it by hoping for a high score in verbal. The curve will probably be bad though no? (nonetheless I continued studying afterwards)

I feel you. I ran out of time for 1 passage and guessed on so many other questions on that PS section. I also thought verbal went well, but I'm not counting on it to boost my score because I expect the curve to be brutal. I would be elated to earn my AAMC average, but I fear a retake will be necessary.

Btw, 63% on the trial section for biochem. I'm kind of scared because I actually semi-tried.

Dude sorry to hear, 3 passages is an awful lot

Next week Tuesday!on the 24th

I feel you. I ran out of time for 1 passage and guessed on so many other questions on that PS section. I also thought verbal went well, but I'm not counting on it to boost my score because I expect the curve to be brutal. I would be elated to earn my AAMC average, but I fear a retake will be necessary.

Btw, 63% on the trial section for biochem. I'm kind of scared because I actually semi-tried.
That's not bad I scored 38% by guessing lol, I tried for the first 3 and decided not to bother coz I was too tired

Did anyone else feel worse after the real thing than they did after the practice tests? I'm positive I failed this thing haha. Only 5 more days!

I finished all my practice tests with time left. Ran out of time on this one and cried for like a week after. I have been dreaming about the MCAT all week this week waiting for these scores!

It's allegedly 5pm EST, but recently, it seems like it's a little after 3pm EST
Oh man. I'm in Hawaii so it'll be 12PM for me, while I'm on volcano tour.. That'll be a dangerous location while I check my scores (and no I definitely don't have the discipline to wait haha)

"You answered 50% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the top half as compared to others who received the same Trial Section questions as you."
!
Hm..I got this: You answered 50% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the bottom half as compared to others who received the same Trial Section questions as you.

anyways , woo hoo for gift card!!!

I keep remembering that scores come out in 48 hours and having like a fifteen second anxiety attack :/

OMG same. I keep trying to tell myself it would still be okay because then I have a chance to try harder next time, but then I'm like no thats stupid. I've tried to predict my score countless times.

I literally did not study for this mcat. I know stupid, I know, unheard of. I read a biology textbook two nights before, did some verbal practice, that's all.

I'm honestly expecting a 20. This is so horrible. Thought I'd make all of you that studied feel a bit better like "Damn, if this guy can live with himself, I totally can!"

Reactions: 1 users
im surprised this page doesn't have more posts on it. is everyone else just chill about this? BECAUSE IM FREAKING OUT.

Reactions: 2 users
Waiting for my PI to show up at my new lab...I could really use some work to distract me from thinking about score release...

Tomorrow is gonna come so soon
I am trying to enjoy not knowing because ignorance is bliss and whatnot

But I'm actually freaking out. Random heart palpitations are normal the day before you see your mcat score right?

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone else waiting on their scores to decide whether or not they'll submit their application this cycle?

Is anyone else waiting on their scores to decide whether or not they'll submit their application this cycle?
I am. I have plenty of things to continue doing for the next couple years (clinical work, hobbies, and research) if I need to apply next year, but I would love to apply this cycle! I submitted my primary app to one school to get it verified just in case.

im surprised this page doesn't have more posts on it. is everyone else just chill about this? BECAUSE IM FREAKING OUT.

I feel the same way! Trying to think positive and just tell myself the other dates were more commonly selected for SDNers, not that everyone thought it was too easy to mention. Here is a hilarious picture of Billy Corgan with kittens, hopefully it makes things even marginally less stressful as we end our (score) watch :)
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1403548098.043256.jpg

I've been wondering the exact same thing! Why is this thread so under-posted compared to the other MCAT threads in May? Was the test too easy to bother freaking out over? Or merely because less people took the 5/22 exam (maybe it coincides with college graduations or something?)

And if the latter...what does that mean for the curve?!

So much for keeping my cool.

I've been wondering the exact same thing! Why is this thread so under-posted compared to the other MCAT threads in May? Was the test too easy to bother freaking out over? Or merely because less people took the 5/22 exam (maybe it coincides with college graduations or something?)

And if the latter...what does that mean for the curve?!

So much for keeping my cool.

My guess is just by luck of the draw less active sdn members tested on this day. It only takes two or three really active people to keep these threads going, and nobody here really ended up doing that which is totally fine! (Maybe even good actually to help us be less neurotic)

I wouldn't read too much in to it as sdn is hardly a reflective sample size to say all that much about the number of people taking the test.