The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fenderboi930

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I plan to head over to a local Burger shop and grab a few cold beers and a delicious hand pressed bison burger. Good luck to everyone tomorrow, may the odds ever be in our favor.
 
Making a tea, food for tomorrow, and then sleeping

and by sleeping I obviously just mean laying in bed

My blood will be jet fuel tomorrow, it won't matter that much

Good luck everyone!
 
Kind of a dumb question this late in the game but where are you guys getting specific info on your exam locations? Mine literally just gives the address of a 40,000 student college and says 8 am. How early can I start and where the eff do I go?
 
it doesn't give you a room number or anything? mines at a prometric center so theres no question of where it is -- i just hope i can get there without getting lost

chances are there will probably be signs and such if you go in thru the main entrance of campus
 
Kind of a dumb question this late in the game but where are you guys getting specific info on your exam locations? Mine literally just gives the address of a 40,000 student college and says 8 am. How early can I start and where the eff do I go?
I feel like they have to have given you something more than that. But I'm getting to my test center around 7:30
 
Kind of a dumb question this late in the game but where are you guys getting specific info on your exam locations? Mine literally just gives the address of a 40,000 student college and says 8 am. How early can I start and where the eff do I go?

Maybe check under View Details on the registration confirmation page? It could be that you're in the exact building for the address listed. Or google "[city] mcat testing site". A lot of them are run by Prometric.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im expecting ill be doing a lot of tossing and turning along with checking my phone to see what time it is. my biggest fear is waking up at 7:40 and realizing its too late :scared:
 
55380010
I actually got 6 hours of sleep and i'm not too nervous
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll take 5 hours of sleep, at least my dreams didn't involve the mcat. Bacon and eggs, and then it's time to go conquer the beast! Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a privilege and an honor to play with you tonight.
 
Hey guys,

Just took the test. I did study and take the old version, but voided it out of anxiety. However, I think that gave me good insight into a lot more study material. I do not have much time now, but one thing I noticed is the biochemistry is intense and needs to be not only learned, but mastered. There were problems there that I know half of the biochem majors in my grade would have difficulty with. In order to get the critical thinking needed, BR BIO is a must. I thought the test was very comparable to those passages.

As for Psychology/Sociology, you need to just do as many passages as possible. I used Kaplan and even though I memorized most of the definitions, it was difficult trying to transition that into context. However, I think this is due to my lack of passages and really trying to distinguish why it is separate from another similar definition. But again, doing as many passages as possible is your friend.

I saw the April thread got shut down for eliciting questions, I was just hoping to provide the best way to study, which hopefully does not violate rules.
What is BR Bio?
 
What is BR Bio?

People usually write it as TBR Bio or The Berkeley Review Biology. They have TBR Bio I and TBR Bio II (they come as a set for $69). April testers have said that really digging into TBR Bio II, which deals more with Biochem, is good prep for this test (whereas that content didn't seem as heavily weighted in the old exam and people were just going for a general understanding of those concepts).
 
Last edited:
I'm done!! I think it went really well! At least chem/phys, CARS, and psych did (psych was insanely easy, and for once I actually understood all the CARS passages). But bio killed me, it was awful. I'm counting on my good bio grades to counteract the subpar score I expect to receive on that section. But overall, I'm happy with how it went!
 
I'm done!! I think it went really well! At least chem/phys, CARS, and psych did (psych was insanely easy, and for once I actually understood all the CARS passages). But bio killed me, it was awful. I'm counting on my good bio grades to counteract the subpar score I expect to receive on that section. But overall, I'm happy with how it went!
What did you use to prepare for Bio?
 
My body.....was not ready.



This youtube video is me and my relationship with the MCAT. My soul....won't be crushed by you.



Review of the exam or tips ...etc?

1.) PRACTICE FULL LENGTHS in simulated environment. This tests will make your brain literally turn into poop, you NEED to practice and get your endurance for it.

2.) The breakdown in percentage of subjects in each part of the MCAT is surprisingly accurate from the AAMC website.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so I had computer issues, lost at least 20 mins fr CARS. Started bio, took like 5 mins for each page to load. So test center solution was to stop teh test and reschedule. So I basically didn't finish, and was forced to void early. Welp, at least I got to see the questions, and get a feel of what MCAT is. I'm really pissed but I'm trying to stay positive.
Did anybody else have this issue?
 
so I had computer issues, lost at least 20 mins fr CARS. Started bio, took like 5 mins for each page to load. So test center solution was to stop teh test and reschedule. So I basically didn't finish, and was forced to void early. Welp, at least I got to see the questions, and get a feel of what MCAT is. I'm really pissed but I'm trying to stay positive.
Did anybody else have this issue?

Exact same issue over here...what general area were you testing in (Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, etc.)? I'm trying to figure out if this was an isolated thing or if it happened across the country. Any clue when we'll hear about rescheduling?
 
Exact same issue over here...what general area were you testing in (Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, etc.)? I'm trying to figure out if this was an isolated thing or if it happened across the country. Any clue when we'll hear about rescheduling?

I tested in Orlando. According to my proctors it's a nationwide issue. Almost everyone at my test center had this issue, about 7 of us choose to leave.
Contacted AAMC (202) 828 0600. They will send you a form to fill out to report your issues. Make sure you do so ASAP, we only have 5 days.
 
I tested in Orlando. According to my proctors it's a nationwide issue. Almost everyone at my test center had this issue, about 7 of us choose to leave.
Contacted AAMC (202) 828 0600. They will send you a form to fill out to report your issues. Make sure you do so ASAP, we only have 5 days.
that's ****ed up. esp for those that want to submit their app... wow. wtf.