*** The Official Meharry College of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Alsooo good luck to those (incl. me) who haven’t yet heard back from Meharry about an interview! We have to trust the process !

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I really want to hear back from them it is my second year applying for this school.

Members don't see this ad :)
When does meharry send out acceptances? I read in last years thread people didn’t receive acceptances until December 15th.

When does meharry send out acceptances? I read in last years thread people didn’t receive acceptances until December 15th.

They said they would try to send them out this Friday.

Reactions: 1 users
How many interviews happened before decision day? All of the interview options available to me were either this december through next year I believe.

Reactions: 1 user
How many interviews happened before decision day? All of the interview options available to me were either this december through next year I believe.

I think only 8 since they started interviewing every Friday beginning in October.

I think only 8 since they started interviewing every Friday beginning in October.
Oh wow, okay. Thanks! I couldn’t select the one December date option given to me so I’m not interviewing until January 10th. I wasn’t sure if interviewing so late would hurt me.

Oh wow, okay. Thanks! I couldn’t select the one December date option given to me so I’m not interviewing until January 10th. I wasn’t sure if interviewing so late would hurt me.

There’s only been 4 rounds of interviews so far according to them.

There’s only been 4 rounds of interviews so far according to them.
Do you know how many people are at each interview? I just want to know how many acceptances they are giving out before I even get to interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview on December 13th. Do you think they're going to send out acceptances after that date or before?

I have an interview on December 13th. Do you think they're going to send out acceptances after that date or before?
No one realllly knows lol. Good luck on your interview!

So now that the 6th has come and go anybody have any updates when we will hear from admissions?

I just received an interview invite! Going in on 1/24. Those that are still waiting should hear something soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
January interviews have been sent out this afternoon! Best wishes to you all!

Good luck to all of you prospective students. Dental school is tough but Meharry does everything in their power to make sure you make it through. It’s an awesome place and I look forward to meeting you all when you make it down for maps and new student orientation. Stay patient and know that they continue to fill up the class until May.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if calling or emailing that you are particularly interested in this school will make any difference in getting an interview or is it purely just annoying to them

So I’ve been getting a lot of private messages about admissions and I’m bored so if you have any questions fire away...

So I’ve been getting a lot of private messages about admissions and I’m bored so if you have any questions fire away...
Does Meharry like when students show interest? For example, my app was complete the beginning of October and I’ve yet to hear anything. Would it be beneficial for me to call/email showing interest?

Does Meharry like when students show interest? For example, my app was complete the beginning of October and I’ve yet to hear anything. Would it be beneficial for me to call/email showing interest?

I’m not sure if I would call them. Please note that Meharry is notoriously SLOW. I remember getting my email for interview in the middle of the week in January. I got accepted three months later. I can assure you all that the class is not even close to full yet. Anyways, I just so happened to bump into admissions manager at end Cal Turner Center two weeks ago and he said that this year there were 3500 applications for 62 spots. So y’alls class is just as competitive as ours. Just a heads up, you guys are like the guinea pig class because of the changes in the national boards. The class of 2024 will have a brand new integrated curriculum and will have a integrated national board exam. Don't freak out because Meharry prepares you well for boards. Class of 2022 had 100% pass rate. We take ours in June. Don’t worry about that right now just try to stay busy and keep the faith. Once you are accepted and start a Facebook group I’ll give more details about the school.

I’m not sure if I would call them. Please note that Meharry is notoriously SLOW. I remember getting my email for interview in the middle of the week in January. I got accepted three months later. I can assure you all that the class is not even close to full yet. Anyways, I just so happened to bump into admissions manager at end Cal Turner Center two weeks ago and he said that this year there were 3500 applications for 62 spots. So y’alls class is just as competitive as ours. Just a heads up, you guys are like the guinea pig class because of the changes in the national boards. The class of 2024 will have a brand new integrated curriculum and will have a integrated national board exam. Don't freak out because Meharry prepares you well for boards. Class of 2022 had 100% pass rate. We take ours in June. Don’t worry about that right now just try to stay busy and keep the faith. Once you are accepted and start a Facebook group I’ll give more details about the school.
Thank you for this! What do you think made your application stand out amongst the others?

oGPA reflected on application: 3.37

sGPA reflected on application: 3.05

DAT: 18AA, 18TS, 18QR, 14PAT

120+ hours of shadowing between three different doctors

120+ hours of volunteering

6 letters of rec
-1 general dentist
-1 orthodontist
-organic chem professor
-gen chem professor
-non science professor
-manager at work

Just wanted to let everyone know I just received an interview invite. Let me know if you guys have any question

• Wow
oGPA reflected on application: 3.37

sGPA reflected on application: 3.05

DAT: 18AA, 18TS, 18QR, 14PAT

120+ hours of shadowing between three different doctors

6 letters of rec
-1 general dentist
-1 orthodontist
-organic chem professor
-gen chem professor
-non science professor
-manager at work

Just wanted to let everyone know I just received an interview invite. Let me know if you guys have any question
Congratsss!

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer me, I really appreciate it!

Just received an interview invite yesterday for 1/17/19.

Has anyone heard anything back yet? I’m getting anxious

Thank you for this! What do you think made your application stand out amongst the others?

1. Show that you really want to go to Meharry. They know If you are shopping around or not.
2. Know the mission of the school and how you will carry that over into your career.
3. Be yourself and tell your story well.
4. Demonstrate upward trajectory. I started off poorly in college but did a lot better later in my academic career.

I truly believe that God got me into Meharry. My stats were mediocre at best but I kept grinding until I got in. This was a long hard journey for me. You can see that I’ve been on SDN for 7 years. Put your best foot forward, pray and try to stay busy. Once you finally get in try to relax before coming to Nashville because 1st semster at Meharry is the longest and possibly hardest semester. It’s a beast of a semester. We took 42 credit hours (I’m not kidding) but I passed and for that I am grateful.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: 8 users
still waiting as well :/

They said by the end of this week. Before Christmas.
Hopefully you hear back soon because I know admissions closes tomorrow for Christmas break. Idk if anyone who has interviewed has heard anything

Just got an email saying file is still under review... Praying for some good news as I’d love to be part of this program.

Just got an email saying file is still under review... Praying for some good news as I’d love to be part of this program.
i sent them a letter of interest a a few days ago so at least I didn't get a rejection

Got my acceptance today! Congrats to everyone accepted & goodluck to those interviewing :)

Got my acceptance today! Congrats to everyone accepted & goodluck to those interviewing :)

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats and also what kind of questions you were asked at the interview? Thanks!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! My interview is in January. How was the interview process and what advice if any can you provide?

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats and also what kind of questions you were asked at the interview? Thanks!

oGPA: 3.4

sGPA:3.2

DAT: 18AA, 18TS, 17QR, 17PAT

300+ hours of shadowing- general dentist, pediatric dentist, orthodontist, oral surgeon & endodontist

4 letters of rec- 2 science professors, pediatric dentist, & my universities medial board

For the interview know the schools mission and history. Know how the school’s mission and purpose aligns with yourself . Know why you want to go there specifically.

Congratulations to those accepted!!! I haven't heard anything except for the email they just sent out about applications still under review. Meharry was my #1 but I ended up accepting another offer at one of my other top choices. Best of luck to you all!! We will be great!

Accepted.

-Be yourself
-Ask questions
-Know your application, the history, and mission. I was asked about the history.
-Be patient. Being patient was the hardest for me. Literally no patience after Dec. 2nd lol.

Last edited:
Accepted.

-Be yourself
-Ask questions
-Know your application, the history, and mission. I was asked about the history.
-Be patient. Being patient was the hardest for me. Literally no patience after Dec. 2nd lol.
Do you mind sharing details about the school mission and history. I did read a lot on their website and I know they value community service and serving underserved communities specifically, anything more that is good to know. I don't have an interview yet but just planning ahead and hoping for the best. Meharry is my top choice!

Congratulations to those accepted!!! Any advice that can be given to those interviewing soon is greatly appreciated!

Last edited: