**** The Official MUSC 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, let me text some of my friends who are current students and see how that all works! Will get back soon!
Okay, looks like someone who is accepted and in the upcoming class will usually make it. I'll put one together for us!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope that link works. It's a closed group called "MUSC CODM '23"

Oh dear, I now have a hard decision to make. I honestly didn't expect to get accepted here, but I DID! :soexcited: UPS didn't notify me of any deliveries, so this was a nice surprise sitting on my doorstep!

OOS applicant
Package arrived 12/4
Interviewed 11/16

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Oh dear, I now have a hard decision to make. I honestly didn't expect to get accepted here, but I DID! :soexcited: UPS didn't notify me of any deliveries, so this was a nice surprise sitting on my doorstep.

OOS applicant, package arrived 12/4
Congrats!!!! :claps:Haha, we can just throw UPS notifications out the window at this point with all of these surprise letters showing up!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!!!! :claps:Haha, we can just throw UPS notifications out the window at this point with all of these surprise letters showing up!

Yeah, seriously! They're just taking us on an emotional roller coaster of anxiety, disappointment, and surprise :p

If you haven't received your letter yet, please don't worry! Looks like they're only sending it out in batches of around 20 at a time.

Reactions: 2 users
Everyone, just FYI for those accepted so far and those who will be getting their letters in the coming weeks (YAY!! :soexcited:), the Facebook group is now under "CODM '23". Previous classes have been jumped on for branding issues so for our class to be proactive, I went ahead and sliced "MUSC" off. Once again, here's the link: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Anyone interviewed 11/23 or 11/30 got accepted? When do they send the second batch invite?

I think I heard every two weeks so that would make the next round come on the 17th. So far, there's only 30 of us in the Facebook group and that includes several current students who have asked to join.

Hey guys! I just received an interview invitation for 1/11/19. Any advice on the interview format? I'm OOS and really excited!

Hey guys! I just received an interview invitation for 1/11/19. Any advice on the interview format? I'm OOS and really excited!

Congrats! You get two separate 1-on-1 interviews with faculty. It's very conversational and relaxed, so don't sweat it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Way to go! Just enjoy it! They don’t really throw any curveball questions at you, it’s a relaxed conversation

Checked my UPS account for the millionth time in the past two weeks and finally saw what I was hoping for!!! Package from MUSC being delivered Friday, holding my breath until then!

Reactions: 4 users
Checked my UPS account for the millionth time in the past two weeks and finally saw what I was hoping for!!! Package from MUSC being delivered Friday, holding my breath until then!
YES!! That's awesome! Hoping for good news! :soexcited::xf:

I got a call the other day for an interview on January 11th! I'm so excited! Is there anything I should specifically be prepared for in the interview?

GPA: 3.33
sGPA:3.45
AA: 24

I got a call the other day for an interview on January 11th! I'm so excited! Is there anything I should specifically be prepared for in the interview?

GPA: 3.33
sGPA:3.45
AA: 24

CONGRATS!!! The whole day is very laid back! You will interview with two faculty - two one-on-one interviews. They’ll ask you “why dentistry?” and “why MUSC?”, for sure. Depending on the interviewer, you may get some off the wall questions. The main thing is to get a conversation going. It’s not hard to do at MUSC - very conversational interviews! OH! And be prepared to introduce yourself to everyone, literally everyone on the AdCom lol, at lunch.

Hello everyone! I was curious if anyone accepted wrote a letter of intent? Has anyone heard if MUSC sees them as pushy, or if they may be beneficial? My interview was September 21 (which I think was the 2nd round of interviews)and I am an in-state applicant. I haven't heard anything yet, and I'm starting to lose hope

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I was curious if anyone accepted wrote a letter of intent? Has anyone heard if MUSC sees them as pushy, or if they may be beneficial? My interview was September 2 (which I think was the 2nd round of interviews)and I am an in-state applicant. I haven't heard anything yet, and I'm starting to lose hope

I am right there with you, I interviewed October 5th which was the 3rd round and still haven’t heard anything from them....don’t lose faith

Does anyone know when will USC send the new batches of interviews?

I got a UPS notification yesterday that a package is coming today from MUSC College of Dental Medicine!

Just wanted to drop by and say I withdrew my acceptance. It was a tough decision to make since the school was lovely and the faculty were wonderful, but I hope someone here gets the lucky spot :)

Got an email yesterday that my application is complete and going under review. This is great and all but they’ve had my application since JULY!

Got an email yesterday that my application is complete and going under review. This is great and all but they’ve had my application since JULY!
ME TOO. I would love to hear from them....... but considering I submitted my app in June it’s kind of odd that’s it’s just now considered complete??? Glad to see it’s not just mine!

ME TOO. I would love to hear from them....... but considering I submitted my app in June it’s kind of odd that’s it’s just now considered complete??? Glad to see it’s not just mine!
Trust me, you do not want to hear from them unless you are willing to fork over 500k as an out of state student. Your best bet is to just stick with kentucky.

Trust me, you do not want to hear from them unless you are willing to fork over 500k as an out of state student. Your best bet is to just stick with kentucky.
I have applied for HPSP, so I would only be going there if I receive that! So the money isn't a major concern for me :)

Just received a UPS MyChoice notification that a delivery is scheduled for tomorrow!

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!! OOS. Ya'll this was my dream school I'm so excited. Got the UPS package on Friday. :soexcited:

anyone received waiting list or rejection after interview? I wonder when they are gonna send their decisions....

Just wanted to drop by and say I withdrew my acceptance. It was a tough decision to make since the school was lovely and the faculty were wonderful, but I hope someone here gets the lucky spot :)

What school did you end up going with over MUSC?

Last edited:
Is there any guess as to how many people that are members on the Facebook group have received acceptances/made deposits versus how many are hoping to get in?

Status
Not open for further replies.