**** The Official MUSC 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Started by cu_2018
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh dear, I now have a hard decision to make. I honestly didn't expect to get accepted here, but I DID! :soexcited: UPS didn't notify me of any deliveries, so this was a nice surprise sitting on my doorstep.

OOS applicant, package arrived 12/4
Congrats!!!! :claps:Haha, we can just throw UPS notifications out the window at this point with all of these surprise letters showing up!
 
I think I heard every two weeks so that would make the next round come on the 17th. So far, there's only 30 of us in the Facebook group and that includes several current students who have asked to join.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a call the other day for an interview on January 11th! I'm so excited! Is there anything I should specifically be prepared for in the interview?

GPA: 3.33
sGPA:3.45
AA: 24
 
I got a call the other day for an interview on January 11th! I'm so excited! Is there anything I should specifically be prepared for in the interview?

GPA: 3.33
sGPA:3.45
AA: 24

CONGRATS!!! The whole day is very laid back! You will interview with two faculty - two one-on-one interviews. They’ll ask you “why dentistry?” and “why MUSC?”, for sure. Depending on the interviewer, you may get some off the wall questions. The main thing is to get a conversation going. It’s not hard to do at MUSC - very conversational interviews! OH! And be prepared to introduce yourself to everyone, literally everyone on the AdCom lol, at lunch.
 
Hello everyone! I was curious if anyone accepted wrote a letter of intent? Has anyone heard if MUSC sees them as pushy, or if they may be beneficial? My interview was September 21 (which I think was the 2nd round of interviews)and I am an in-state applicant. I haven't heard anything yet, and I'm starting to lose hope
 
Last edited:
Hello everyone! I was curious if anyone accepted wrote a letter of intent? Has anyone heard if MUSC sees them as pushy, or if they may be beneficial? My interview was September 2 (which I think was the 2nd round of interviews)and I am an in-state applicant. I haven't heard anything yet, and I'm starting to lose hope

I am right there with you, I interviewed October 5th which was the 3rd round and still haven’t heard anything from them....don’t lose faith
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ME TOO. I would love to hear from them....... but considering I submitted my app in June it’s kind of odd that’s it’s just now considered complete??? Glad to see it’s not just mine!
Trust me, you do not want to hear from them unless you are willing to fork over 500k as an out of state student. Your best bet is to just stick with kentucky.
 
Trust me, you do not want to hear from them unless you are willing to fork over 500k as an out of state student. Your best bet is to just stick with kentucky.
I have applied for HPSP, so I would only be going there if I receive that! So the money isn't a major concern for me 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone received waiting list or rejection after interview? I wonder when they are gonna send their decisions....
 
Is there any guess as to how many people that are members on the Facebook group have received acceptances/made deposits versus how many are hoping to get in?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.