You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**** The Official MUSC 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****
Started by cu_2018
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
carolinachick
New Member
Hi, I got this same email. Do you know if everyone received this email?Got an email yesterday that my application is complete and going under review. This is great and all but they’ve had my application since JULY!
Has anyone who interviewed at the end of January heard back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed at the end of Jan and have not heard back yet.Has anyone who interviewed at the end of January heard back yet?
I just got an email from them saying that their final decisions are going out this week. Good luck, and stay strong.
I didn’t get that email, so I’m not sure what that means. ADEA status still says Invited for Interview.I just got an email from them saying that their final decisions are going out this week. Good luck, and stay strong.
I didn’t get that email, so I’m not sure what that means. ADEA status still says Invited for Interview.
I also have not received any emails. Mine also still says invited for interview
I emailed them yesterday with some information, and they told me. Also, notifications are only going to be by post by UPS.
I emailed them yesterday with some information, and they told me. Also, notifications are only going to be by post by UPS.
Thank you!
milk&cookies
New Member
So are the rejections coming through UPS too??I emailed them yesterday with some information, and they told me. Also, notifications are only going to be by post by UPS.
So are the rejections coming through UPS too??
I heard that rejections come through regular USPS mail.
Last edited:
milk&cookies
New Member
Do you know if this is the last round of acceptances they’re handing out?I heard that rejections come through regular USPS mail.
I think what’s going to happen is everyone is going to receive either an acceptance/waitlist/or rejection within a week. From that point on, acceptances would trickle out to waitlist candidates based on accepted students turning down their offer/their offer being rescinded when the school sees they have put down deposits at multiple schools (which will happen March 1). Someone on the waitlist might not get a seat or might have to wait as long as May for a spot to open up.Do you know if this is the last round of acceptances they’re handing out?
I think what’s going to happen is everyone is going to receive either an acceptance/waitlist/or rejection within a week. From that point on, acceptances would trickle out to waitlist candidates based on accepted students turning down their offer/their offer being rescinded when the school sees they have put down deposits at multiple schools (which will happen March 1). Someone on the waitlist might not get a seat or might have to wait as long as May for a spot to open up.
That is what I'm thinking. I already know a friend who got his acceptance 2 days ago.
Dentalhope14
New Member
I just got an envelope from MUSC that I am on the alternative list?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a rejection letter today. Thankfully I made it into MUSC’s Master if Medical Science program. I’ll make it in next cycle! Good luck to everyone!
I still haven't received anything, and it's freaking me out a lot.
milk&cookies
New Member
Has anyone’s status on AADSAS changed from “invited for interview”?
Has anyone’s status on AADSAS changed from “invited for interview”?
Yes.
milk&cookies
New Member
I’m wondering the same thingAlso got waitlisted. Does anyone know how many people on average get off the waitlist?
milk&cookies
New Member
Nope, you? Have you emailed anyone from the college?has anyone who is waitlisted heard back?
Nope, you? Have you emailed anyone from the college?
I have not. I was also wondering if anyone got accepted from the waitlist.
milk&cookies
New Member
In the letter we got in the mail, it said email Ms Chapman “after March 15th”. Do you think this was the deposit deadline for accepted students and so waitlist people should start hearing back soon if spaces open up?I have not. I was also wondering if anyone got accepted from the waitlist.
In the letter we got in the mail, it said email Ms Chapman “after March 15th”. Do you think this was the deposit deadline for accepted students and so waitlist people should start hearing back soon if spaces open up?
I believe so! At this point, all we can do is to wait and see if they call us for any open spot.
milk&cookies
New Member
Just out of curiosity, are you IS or OOS?I believe so! At this point, all we can do is to wait and see if they call us for any open spot.
Just out of curiosity, are you IS or OOS?
I am OOS and an international applicant. How about you?
milk&cookies
New Member
I'm an in-state applicant!I am OOS and an international applicant. How about you?
Dentalhope14
New Member
I was waitlisted, but just got off the waitlist and now accepted!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
milk&cookies
New Member
Has anyone who was waitlisted heard back yet?
I am on the alternate list and got a phone call from MUSC today. Definitely got my heart racing, but they were just calling to ask if I was still interested in being in the alternate list and if I would be available on short notice. They said they were trying to clean up their list and see who still wanted to be on the list. Anyone else on the alternate list get called?Has anyone who was waitlisted heard back yet?
milk&cookies
New Member
I got a call that morning with an offer and I accepted!I am on the alternate list and got a phone call from MUSC today. Definitely got my heart racing, but they were just calling to ask if I was still interested in being in the alternate list and if I would be available on short notice. They said they were trying to clean up their list and see who still wanted to be on the list. Anyone else on the alternate list get called?
Congratulations!!!! Be sure to find our Facebook group "MUSC CDM '23"
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K