*** The Official Nova Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Sweet! What was your deciding factor??
Cool! What made you pick Nova over other schools? I have a week to decide and still don't know what to do.
My instate school tuition plus living expenses and materials is around the same price as Nova's tuition and materials (without living expenses) since I already live close to Nova. Once I ruled out the money dilemma, it ultimately came down to where would I be the happiest during dental school and I believe that's Nova. I really like Nova's overall environment, location, weather, friendly staff/students, the open door policy they have, the fact we take the boards part 1 after our first year, the diversity they have, their big patient pool, etc. the list goes on and on :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Proud to announce that i'm in!!! Its official, I received the call yesterday. So excited for this one.
Did they also email you and send you the official mail or do they only called to let you know they accepted you?

I got a letter from NSU Enrollment and Student Services about turning in my paperwork for financial aids and this dated back to March 3. But I'm still on the waiting list on AADSAS which wasn't updated since Jan so now I'm confused...not sure if I missed their call or the letter was just standard. :(

Did they also email you and send you the official mail or do they only called to let you know they accepted you?

I got a letter from NSU Enrollment and Student Services about turning in my paperwork for financial aids and this dated back to March 3. But I'm still on the waiting list on AADSAS which wasn't updated since Jan so now I'm confused...not sure if I missed their call or the letter was just standard. :(
They call you and then send you an email that day or the day after and then you get an acceptance letter in the mail in about a week. I would definitely call Dr. Lippman and ask but they usually make it very clear if you are accepted. Best of Luck!

Reactions: 1 user

Dr lippman calls first, then the email and snail mail go out... You should call dr lippman to clarify... Also my AADSAS has still yet to change so you won't know from AADSAS

What is the minimum GPA that you are asked to maintain once accepted? Anyone know? Are Cs acceptable?

did you have the answer for that letter?

did you have the answer for that letter?
Yes, I emailed Su-Ann last Friday and she replied that I am still in the waiting list and I don't need to do anything at this point. But she did want to see the mail tho and ask me to scan it to her...haven't heard back since then but it is the weekend.

Any word on background checks and immunizations?

Does anyone know what the deadline is to decide between multiple schools you paid deposit to?

Members don't see this ad :)
when we want to email dr lippman and such are we supposed to do so through the webstar or whatver email? or can we do so with our own email?

Finally made my decision... I will be attending Nova! Feels great to have made a decision. Good luck to everyone and can't wait to meet my fellow classmates! :)

Reactions: 2 users
I just received the call , class of 2018 so excitedddd

Reactions: 5 users
I received the call from Dr.Lippman yesterday!!! I'm so excited !;D So so happy to get into my dream school!Nova class of 2018 here I come;))))
Best of luck everyone, hope more spots will open for you guys;)

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations on getting accepted, NSU-COM c/o 2018! Please let me know if anyone needs a condo to rent (5 mins from campus).

Congratulations on getting accepted, NSU-COM c/o 2018! Please let me know if anyone needs a condo to rent (5 mins from campus).
Pine Island Condo.png

Hey guys. Sorry, I know this was asked before, but I can't seem to find it now. When does Nova start school and when is orientation/registration? I'm trying to find an academic calendar on their website but am not seeing it. If anyone can provide that info, that would be great. Also, if you know where it is on the website, please share. I am still wait listed here, but am just trying to get an idea compared to other schools I am wait listed or have been accepted to. Thanks

are we supposed to hear something after today APRIL 15th, i heard today is due date

Dr. Lippman returned my call today. Accepted!!!! I'm so excited to get into my top choice:soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Dr. Lippman called me today. Accepted!!!! I'm so excited to get into my top choice:soexcited:
wow congrats. I am stil waiting though. Would you mind confirmed me his email address. I emailed him twice but got no answer so far. And Congratualtion to you once again.

Congrats to those fortunate enough to get a call recently - hope I get to hear from Dr. Lippman soon, too.

Gah, I wanna go to this school so bad it hurts. :(

Congratulations to those who recently got in! If you are waitlisted like me you probably get these mixed feelings when somebody gets in, I would feel happy that there is still hope but I also feel sad because I was not the one who got the vacant spot :/ Best of luck to all of those who are in the same boat as me.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys. Sorry, I know this was asked before, but I can't seem to find it now. When does Nova start school and when is orientation/registration? I'm trying to find an academic calendar on their website but am not seeing it. If anyone can provide that info, that would be great. Also, if you know where it is on the website, please share. I am still wait listed here, but am just trying to get an idea compared to other schools I am wait listed or have been accepted to. Thanks
Hey! Congrats on getting in! You should join our fb page to get more info and you will be sent a bunch of emails but Orientation is scheduled to begin Monday, August 4, 2014 and will conclude with the White Coat Ceremony. We will have a Class of 2018 Picnic on Saturday, August 9, 2014. The White Coat Ceremony will be held on Sunday, August 10, 2014. Congrats again!

Hey! Congrats on getting in! You should join our fb page to get more info and you will be sent a bunch of emails but Orientation is scheduled to begin Monday, August 4, 2014 and will conclude with the White Coat Ceremony. We will have a Class of 2018 Picnic on Saturday, August 9, 2014. The White Coat Ceremony will be held on Sunday, August 10, 2014. Congrats again!
Hey, would you mind posting the link to the fb page? I can not seem to find it. Thanks!

I got the call guys. Im shaking. Burst into tear

Reactions: 8 users
Has anybody heard anything about the wait list lately? Spots available, wait list length, expected movement, etc? At this point, every time my phone makes a sound my heart jumps.

Congrats to all who got accepted off the waitlist :) I am still hopeful! Did anyone of you see any changes to your Webstar (nova portal) or AADSAS before getting the call?
I checked before and after the call : no change yet.

thanks!

Congrats to all who got accepted off the waitlist :) I am still hopeful! Did anyone of you see any changes to your Webstar (nova portal) or AADSAS before getting the call?

I didn't see any changes before. The next day, it appeared on Webstar and AADSAS

So I've talked to Dr. Lippman a week before the 15th and he told me that they might be expanding the class so to not worry about getting off the waitlist. However, have yet to hear from him so mayb its not happening =/

So I've talked to Dr. Lippman a week before the 15th and he told me that they might be expanding the class so to not worry about getting off the waitlist. However, have yet to hear from him so mayb its not happening =/

Man, this is stressful. Hope we all get in!

I really hope this is true. I am another waitlister holding on.

I really hope this is true. I am another waitlister holding on.
yea i really hope so i dont see why he would tell me that if it wasnt going to happen. cause if not thats just messed up. got my hopes up!!

just got a phone call from Dr. Lippman this morning :) Still have hopes guys.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats!! Hope there is more spots for us......

just got the call!!! ahhh!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users