***The Official NYU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I was the one wait listed before and I kept calling and finally got off!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have an interview coming up but i feel like i'm so late that i'm going to be waitlisted...i didn't really want nyu at first but i think i just fell in love after hearing more. ah! let me in nyu!

i have an interview coming up but i feel like i'm so late that i'm going to be waitlisted...i didn't really want nyu at first but i think i just fell in love after hearing more. ah! let me in nyu!
Well given that they have around 360 slots from what I understand and a high turnover rate (due to high costs), I'd say you have a good chance given that you have a decent GPA and DAT average. That is why their application deadline is February, because they want to get as many students to consider attending there to fill all of their slots.

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone heard from NYU? Still havent heard anything? Are they still doing interviews?

When you guys call, do you just state that you're interested? I've only called once but I dont wanna sound like I'm overbearing or anything. So do I just call again saying I'm interested and what should I do? I also sent a letter stating I was interested in their dental program.

When you guys call, do you just state that you're interested? I've only called once but I dont wanna sound like I'm overbearing or anything. So do I just call again saying I'm interested and what should I do? I also sent a letter stating I was interested in their dental program.
I'm in the same boat. I never know what to say when I call. "hello.... So... how about that dental school?"

any body knows about the nyu scholarship ? do they offer with the acceptance letter or after the acceptance deposit? Thank you!

Anybody who interviewed January 7th or later hear any news from NYU yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed yesterday and Dr. Majia told us that we should hear from her within this week since she will be out for awhile.

I'm in the same boat. I never know what to say when I call. "hello.... So... how about that dental school?"

I just emailed them and they said they will put that email in my application file. I dont know how that will go haha

which means we will hear back from them tomorrow or on Friday? i can't wait!

Prayers were answered and I got in! See you all soon, I look forward to learning, joining clubs and volunteering with you all over the next 4 years! :welcome:

just got the email today! I will probably be giving up my seat to someone else but that all depends on if I get into my other schools or not. So excited!!

Just got the email today...ACCEPTED!
Interviewed 1/09
GPA: 3.03 sGPA: 3.04
Gonna be a dentist! :soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just received an acceptance email
Excited!
Interviewed 01/14/2014

ACCEPTED
Interviewed 1/10
GPA: ~3.3
DAT: AA21 PAT 24 CR 24 QR 22

any body knows about the nyu scholarship ? do they offer with the acceptance letter or after the acceptance deposit? Thank you!

They sent mine a couple of days after the acceptance letter. Good luck!

So...nobody who was waitlisted Dec. 2nd has been accepted yet? Seems like all the recent acceptances have gone to post-dec interviews...

Did anyone find out how many waitlist spots there were? Getting nervous with all the new acceptances.

I guess not much is going on until after Jan. when Dr. Mejia gets back.

Did anyone find out how many waitlist spots there were? Getting nervous with all the new acceptances.
I wouldn't worry until April. NYU interviews until very late and there's a ton of movement on both lists.

How late does NYU interview? I've already interviewed but I am asking because when I asked, Dr. Mejia said not much movement will occur from the waitlist until interviews are completed.

How late does NYU interview? I've already interviewed but I am asking because when I asked, Dr. Mejia said not much movement will occur from the waitlist until interviews are completed.
They interview until April I believe since their application deadline is February.

Interview invite offer today for next tuesday 1/28. Already accepted but still waiting to hear from my first choice so I'll be attending.
DAT: 19/20/22... 3.8

Interview invite offer today for next tuesday 1/28. Already accepted but still waiting to hear from my first choice so I'll be attending.
DAT: 19/20/22... 3.8

Were you given more options for interview dates ? I received an email invite today as well. Excited.

Last edited:
Just got an interview e-mail! Need to schedule still.

Were you given more options for interview dates ? I received an email invite today as well. I plan on calling them in the next couple of days but I am curious.

They have plenty of dates available. 3 days next week and 3 days available the first week of Feb.

For those of you guys who just got interviews, when did you submit your applications?
I submitted mine late so I am trying to get a feel for the timeline.

Thank you!

For those of you guys who just got interviews, when did you submit your applications?

Thank you!
My Dat scores were sent by AADSAS in mid September.

S

Thank you!

My scores were sent in September, interviewed early October and accepted Decemeber. Goodluck!

Just received an invite. Scheduled for 2/5 (OOS). Seems like they will be interviewing for another few months. There's still hope!

Just received an invite. Scheduled for 2/5 (OOS). Seems like they will be interviewing for another few months. There's still hope!
Thank goodness! I've been waiting patiently for a long time! Congrats

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I just recieved an interview to NYU and was just wondering how the interview is or how to prepare for it? Thanks so much!

Also, does anyone know how many interview and how many are accepted?

Hey! I just recieved an interview to NYU and was just wondering how the interview is or how to prepare for it? Thanks so much!

Its 1 on 1, relaxed, standard questions, check the SDN interview feedback. They do them right away in the order you arrive in the morning so go early if you want to be first or go late if you want some time to prepare.

Hey guys, I am a current D1 at NYUCD and I see you guys everyday coming in to interview. I remember what it was like to be in your shoes last year. I have to say that after a semester here, NYUCD is a great school. I am very happy with my choice. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
interview invite today. Any suggestion?
If you don't mind me asking, when was your application complete? Still keeping my fingers crossed for an interview since I applied a little late in the cycle.
Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking, when was your application complete? Still keeping my fingers crossed for an interview since I applied a little late in the cycle.
Thanks!
Same here, I submitted mine on early November and I haven't heard back from them at all.

Thanks!
Sorry but I applied in December...

Thank goodness! I've been waiting patiently for a long time! Congrats
I have the feeling NYU is not RDH friendly :( i am third time applicant to NYU and haven't got an interview here!!

Just got the interview invite email yesterday. For the record, I retook my DAT in December and I had informed all schools to put me on hold until they got my new score. Hope this helps answer any questions regarding if they are still interviewing.