***The Official NYU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Oh no! Well hopefully some good news comes soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh no! Well hopefully some good news comes soon.
Ugh. I know. LECOM's was literally two hours after my application was mailed. Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest!

Got an acceptance here but I won't be attending. aka a free spot! good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who got accepted on Dec 2nd hasn't received their acceptance packet in mail yet?

Interview Invite via Email! Needless to say i'm jumping up and down. I grew up here and it's been my #1 choice. fingers crossed!
when does it say your application was received or mailed out? thanks!

Did anyone who interviewed Tuesday (12/10) get a decision email?

Did anyone who interviewed Tuesday (12/10) get a decision email?

I interviewed on Wednesday and we were told Friday or Monday most likely. Since it was just one day after you, I'm assuming we'll all hear back Monday

Applied 7/12/13
Dec 5th - Invite
Dec 12th - Interview
Dec 16th - Acceptance email

They can certainly move fast when they want to!

Reactions: 2 users
Im interviewing in January...so late, it feels like I have no shot!

I interviewed last Wednesday (12/11) and received an acceptance email this evening! So grateful, as it has been my only interview invite so far.

Good luck to those of you still waiting. Keep your heads up!! I kept telling myself that if I didn't get in this year, I'd be reapplying next year. How badly do you want it??

To others from last Wednesday, hit me up. We should keep in touch. I want to know how you all are doing, and moreover, if we'll be classmates!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious whether anyone that interview on Friday the 13th heard back yet...

Declined my acceptance today. Good luck to someone who needs that spot

Just curious whether anyone that interview on Friday the 13th heard back yet...

i interviewed on friday the 13 and received email from nyu this morning
i am excited to go to nyu!!!

i interviewed on friday the 13 and received email from nyu this morning
i am excited to go to nyu!!!

I also heard back today that I got accepted and interviewed on friday!

Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

My sGPA and oGPA were both 3.7
for DAT: total:21, sience: 20 PAT 19
so statwise i was just mediocre
I had total of 400hrs of hands-on, dental lab, and shadowing hours; I think this helped me thru interviews to share my experiences.
Also, first time applier !!

My sGPA and oGPA were both 3.7
for DAT: total:21, sience: 20 PAT 19
so statwise i was just mediocre
I had total of 400hrs of hands-on, dental lab, and shadowing hours; I think this helped me thru interviews to share my experiences.
Also, first time applier !!

Since when a 3.7 with 21AA mediocre????

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted! interviewed 12/17! Can't believe it! I'm gonna be a dentist!

Also accepted today! Interviewed 12/16. :)

Already got accepted, but I missed a call from the admissions office today. Did anyone else receive that call and know what it's about?

First off, good luck to everyone applying and congrats to those who are already accepted!

I'm a current second year student at NYUCD. I haven't really been on SDN for about 2 years now..since dental school keeps me extremely busy. If anyone has any NYUCD or application-related questions, feel free to PM me. I'm more than happy to help! I recently received a PM from someone in your application cycle, and felt that I should probably make the rounds on SDN again since SDN really helped me out when I was applying.

Once again, congrats and good luck. Maybe I'll even see a few of you who have yet to interview (I do some interview assistance and touring for potential applicants).

So I heard that NYUCD does not have ROTC programs... is that true?? And, for those who are attending this university or planning on attending, how are you guys planning on paying for the tuition??

So I heard that NYUCD does not have ROTC programs... is that true?? And, for those who are attending this university or planning on attending, how are you guys planning on paying for the tuition??

If you mean having a military program sponsor your tuition at NYUCD, then they do have it with the HPSP program (Health Professionals Scholarship Program).

Where's the best place to stay near the school?

I still have heard no response!! Anyone in the same boat?

I still have heard no response!! Anyone in the same boat?

I'm sure you'll hear something within the next few weeks as the school sorts out people who didn't put down a deposit.

I'm sure you'll hear something within the next few weeks as the school sorts out people who didn't put down a deposit.
Thanks so much. You've been so helpful. Will they contact me either way?

Thanks so much. You've been so helpful. Will they contact me either way?
Maybe, whether it be good or bad news. Being that they haven't sent bad news, I'd say it's looking pretty good. NYU has a high turnover rate due to people getting into less expensive schools than Manhattan. Head up!

I want an interview from NYU really bad. But I haven't got any email from them.
What can I do instead of just waiting for them to call me?

Did anyone who sent 1st deposit get his/her check cashed out? Or did anyone receive confirmation email on receiving deposit?

Did anyone who sent 1st deposit get his/her check cashed out? Or did anyone receive confirmation email on receiving deposit?
To ease your mind, mine hasn't been cashed

Has anyone received some sort of contact after they sent in their deposit to the school??

Mine was cashed, I sent it out Dec 2 along with my transcripts but I haven't heard anything back

Has anyone received some sort of contact after they sent in their deposit to the school??

I called the school, they are a little behind with the mail due to the holidays and the snow storm. They will send you a confirmation e-mail that they're in receipt of your deposit, I had to call to have mine sent. They are still waiting for one of my transcripts.

yes thats right, the person from nyu told me over the phone as long as u send it before tomorrow ur good
Exactly. I ended up just hand delivering it this afternoon and saved $0.46.

But spent $1.50 at the munimeter.

Has anyone been accepted that was wait listed yet?

Keep calling my friends. Make sure you actually speak to dr mehjia!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!