You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official NYU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by iwillbedds
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good luck to everyone applying!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if I go there I can party every weekend!!
Applying there as well this cycle!!
me too! lol
4.0 GPA
19AA/19TS/18PAT
Applied to 18 schools
4.0 GPA
19AA/19TS/18PAT
Applied to 18 schools
Last edited:
Applying!
Wow.... 360 Seats!!! I want to go here because I had lots of surgeries in the dental clinic to correct my malocclusion!!! Its my wish to be more than a patient there 🙂
Last edited:
-
Last edited:
Applied!


Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying here! So nervous.
Good luck everyone!
Good luck everyone!
Good luck!!!
has anyone gotten their checks cashed by NYU?
Applied!
my check has not been cashed by nyu but i just received an email from them today. But even in the email it said that they have not received my application fee yet.
I think I got the same email. Sent in my application fee on June 19th. Don't know if I should be worried. I'm just assuming they haven't compiled it all yet. I was second batch.
This is all so stressful!
So after we submit the AADSAS app, we have to submit a separate check for NYU?
So after we submit the AADSAS app, we have to submit a separate check for NYU?
yes
BLAH. Okay thankssss.
so I heard NYU weeds out like 50% of their students. PLEASE don't ask me for sources. It's been going around everywhere on this forum and just outside sources (which I will not name).
can anyone confirm this? Maybe the number is wrong, but I heard NYU is pretty infamous for kicking out a relatively large number of students compared to other schools.
can anyone confirm this? Maybe the number is wrong, but I heard NYU is pretty infamous for kicking out a relatively large number of students compared to other schools.
so I heard NYU weeds out like 50% of their students. PLEASE don't ask me for sources. It's been going around everywhere on this forum and just outside sources (which I will not name).
can anyone confirm this? Maybe the number is wrong, but I heard NYU is pretty infamous for kicking out a relatively large number of students compared to other schools.
Nope, just a rumor.
Best of luck on your applications, everyone 🙂
yeah, it would make sense for a school to excise half of its potential tuition revenue.
You should learn how to post without resorting to sardonic, condescending remarks - and I am not just referring to this specific post either. It's a recurring pattern of all your posts
You should learn how to post without resorting to sardonic, condescending remarks - and I am not just referring to this specific post either. It's a recurring pattern of all your posts
my fingers were crossed when i submitted that post...so it doesn't count.
You should learn how to post without resorting to sardonic, condescending remarks - and I am not just referring to this specific post either. It's a recurring pattern of all your posts
To be fair, that rumor is a popular one, and one that hasn't officially been debunked. I've personally heard it from a past graduate of NYU. She graduated a while ago in 2000 though, so the situation is probably different now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should learn how to post without resorting to sardonic, condescending remarks - and I am not just referring to this specific post either. It's a recurring pattern of all your posts
amen.
my fingers were crossed when i submitted that post...so it doesn't count.
I imagine this person to be one of those outcasts who wear the same dress pants and shirt every single day and are always preoccupied with their only little weird ***** hobby.
So lets say the avg. school has 70 students and every year 3 people drop out for various reasons. Well, NYU has close to 6x as many students as the avg. class and thus may report losing 20+ individuals. This occurs not because NYU would like it to, but because the odds are larger with a larger class size.
I imagine this person to be one of those outcasts who wear the same dress pants and shirt every single day and are always preoccupied with their only little weird ***** hobby.
stay mad.
stay mad.
haha this guy is indeed the world's most interesting man.
So lets say the avg. school has 70 students and every year 3 people drop out for various reasons. Well, NYU has close to 6x as many students as the avg. class and thus may report losing 20+ individuals. This occurs not because NYU would like it to, but because the odds are larger with a larger class size.
Yes youre right in that more people are cut (cuz of larger class), but the percentage is no different.
NYU doesn't weed anyone out. If anyone truly thinks this, then he/she is unaware. From a business perspective, how advantageous would it be to cut a student? School fees are ~75k a year.
Read the ADEA book. Become aware. smh.
Read the ADEA book. Become aware. smh.
Last edited:
NYU doesn't weed anyone out. If anyone truly thinks this, then he/she is unaware. From a business perspective, how advantageous would it be to cut a student? School fees are ~75k a year.
Read the ADEA book. Become aware. smh.
+100 lol... No school wants any kids to be weeded out. Not only does it look better for the school but they make more money... Logic people!
Yes youre right in that more people are cut (cuz of larger class), but the percentage is no different.
By no means did I use the word cut! In general a couple people just can't hack it at any school. NYU is an amazing school!
Got an email saying that my application is now complete and under review.
👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an email from NYU saying my app is complete and under review!
Re-applicant for NYU and y application is already under review!
It is hard to predict about NYU decision, large pool of applicants, big class size, they send out a lot of rejections by December!
It is hard to predict about NYU decision, large pool of applicants, big class size, they send out a lot of rejections by December!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 75
- Views
- 35K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K
