***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Has anyone received and emailed back the waitlist update email but have not heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received and emailed back the waitlist update email but have not heard back yet?
Yes, I got mine 4/6 and have heard nothing back yet, not sure if the update email is a sure thing that you're in or if they're just waiting on processing the deposits and seeing if there is open seats for us. The best thing to do is just remain hopeful and work on improving yourself as a person and showing them that, or at least that's what I'm doing.

Yes, I got mine 4/6 and have heard nothing back yet, not sure if the update email is a sure thing that you're in or if they're just waiting on processing the deposits and seeing if there is open seats for us. The best thing to do is just remain hopeful and work on improving yourself as a person and showing them that, or at least that's what I'm doing.

Hmm that's odd. I received mine on the 6th and received confirmation on 10th. You should send an e-mail in case yours got drowned in the sea of other e-mails.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm that's odd. I received mine on the 6th and received confirmation on 10th. You should send an e-mail in case yours got drowned in the sea of other e-mails.
I got a confirmation that they received it the day after, I just haven't been accepted yet.

edit: When I said I hadn't heard back I was referring to acceptance, didn't mean to confuse

I had an interview on oct and am still on the waitlist. If you are just like me, only thing I hear back from adcom is just to wait few more weeks. Should I give up for this cycle and prepare for next cycle? Also, does anybody know how many seats are left?

I had an interview on oct and am still on the waitlist. If you are just like me, only thing I hear back from adcom is just to wait few more weeks. Should I give up for this cycle and prepare for next cycle? Also, does anybody know how many seats are left?
Always prepare for next cycle. If you do not get offered a seat, you want to be ready to go in June. If you do get offered a seat, well, then you're going to dental school!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist recently? Or recently taken off? I'm wondering if there is still movement

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone here who got accepted to/ is waitlisted at both Touro and NYU but has chose/ will choose NYU? If so, can you please share some of the factors that caused you to choose NYU over Touro? Thanks!

Is there anyone here who got accepted to/ is waitlisted at both Touro and NYU but has chose/ will choose NYU? If so, can you please share some of the factors that caused you to choose NYU over Touro? Thanks!
DM me, I can write a book about it

How good of a sign is it if one of the people called me telling me to send in another letter of interest (this was back in March btw)? or does it even matter that much? :(

Just withdrew my spot two days ago! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, I too contacted them not to long ago and they just said the same thing, "still reviewing the waitlist". Now that its May, what would be a reasonable amount to contact them? Every 2 weeks?

Yeah, I too contacted them not to long ago and they just said the same thing, "still reviewing the waitlist". Now that its May, what would be a reasonable amount to contact them? Every 2 weeks?
I'd stop in general before they tell you to leave em alone like they did me lmao

it's strange how people are dropping their seats, but nobody is getting in. sdn is just a sample of all applicants but still

anyone here back from the waitlist?
I spoke to a guy that was like "I have no information to give you. we'd contact you if we did"

he also said the class wasn't full yet

he didn't seem thrilled to answer waitlist questions. lol. I was just like "thanks, bye"

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents, I'm starting to think they're full so just do your best to prep for next cycle

Last edited:
yea they emailed me, and told me they are full. Screw it, I am leaving the country.

You for the email just now? :(
They emailed me last week telling me this, however they also told me that this will probably change. I am thinking about moving to brazil wanna join?

I really hope so.... I'm ready to re-apply this summer, and call me crazy, but I still have a smidgen of hope that I get off the waitlist :rolleyes: hehe
Anyways, thanks for sharing the info! It really helps in keeping us updated.

I really hope so.... I'm ready to re-apply this summer, and call me crazy, but I still have a smidgen of hope that I get off the waitlist :rolleyes: hehe
Anyways, thanks for sharing the info! It really helps in keeping us updated.
Well, I really hope you get in!

Dropped my seat today. Good luck!

did they email you that the class is full in response to you asking them? or did they just email you guys on their own

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a dress code here

In your first year the "dress code" is mostly not enforced. In general you want to be wearing closed toed shoes and either scrubs or business casual or higher depending on the activity. If you are presenting, a suit or something is sufficient. Please do not wear jeans. You may get kicked out of lab even though jeans are often more protective than khaki or scrub pants with the lab coat layer in the event that you drop something on yourself. I also advise against ties and all non-religious head coverings.

Most group practice directors aren't too picky. As in any other community, there will be some disagreement over what constitutes appropriate attire. You can't please everyone here. Just know whose opinions matter to you and follow their lead.

For those of you still on the wait list, as in all previous years, it's not over until orientation. Life happens and sometimes people go elsewhere or have to defer for personal reasons. However, I hope you have prepared to reapply this June. Calling too frequently isn't a good look nor is having no updates for them from being wait listed. There is no magical formula for how often to call or what's worth telling them. After May 18, I am willing to review personal statements as I have done every season since my own acceptance. I will also accept questions after that point.

Has anybody who is attending in the fall heard anything about financial aid???

Reactions: 1 users
did they email you that the class is full in response to you asking them? or did they just email you guys on their own
yea I ask if there was any movement at this point, and they emailed me that the class is full; however this is possibly going to change.

Hi guys, just created an account here.. waitlisted as well and honestly these posts are scaring me :( what have you guys been "updating" them about? I feel like I have nothing to say anymore.. and starting to feel hopeless.

Hi guys, just created an account here.. waitlisted as well and honestly these posts are scaring me :( what have you guys been "updating" them about? I feel like I have nothing to say anymore.. and starting to feel hopeless.
This website can be a very useful tool depending on how you use it, it can also be a black hole of desolation and misery. No reason to lose hope, and if you feel like you have nothing to say then go do stuff so you do

When do we receive information about the financial aid?

Financial Aid is typically disbursed close to the date when tuition payment is due (early August). You should know how much you're getting by some time in mid-late July.

Hey all incoming D1s!!

I just completed my first year at NYUCD and will be a D2 this fall and man that was one wild ride. If you guys have any questions about the school in general and/or living in NYC, feel free to ask! I am here to help

Reactions: 3 users
Hey all incoming D1s!!

I just completed my first year at NYUCD and will be a D2 this fall and man that was one wild ride. If you guys have any questions about the school in general and/or living in NYC, feel free to ask! I am here to help

Define wild ride lol

so are most people planning on reapplying before hearing back from NYU?

I've been looking at the NYU thread since last year. I cant say exactly how many but there definitely will be movements until the school starts. I know a few people who got in a week before the orientation last year, so do not lose hope and keep updating the school every two or three weeks! The orientation for this year starts on August 21st (Monday), so there will be a few movements (not as much as early march or april)

Last edited:
Hey all incoming D1s!!

Do students prefer 13 inch or 15 inch MacBook?