***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just finished my interview today! Everyone in my group had an interviewer that pretty much followed the standard NYU template. I strongly recommend future applicants prepare answers to the "13 questions" list posted on https://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/nyucd/0/new-york-university-college-of-dentistry?reload=1&r=1490643865198.

That said, my interviewer completely ditched the standard questions. The interview was conversational, and we definitely made a personal connection. At one point, he even said that I reminded him of himself! At that moment I thought "holy ****, I might actually get into NYU." An hour later...the **** hit the fan.

What was labeled an "informal meeting with admissions staff" definitely caught me off guard. After reviewing my prerequisite coursework together (which is what I thought we'd do), the staff member all of a sudden grilled me with a couple quick interview questions (that maybe my interviewer didn't fill out due to our conversational interview?). I later confirmed with another interviewer that a surprise-interview happened to him too. I don't think she was particularly impressed by my answers and now I'm worried because she is an ADMISSIONS staff member after all. On a similar note, the tour guides (3rd and 4th year students) swore to us that they would not report anything we say/do back to admissions (best to stay on your best behavior of course). I feel like the interview day is designed to be bad cop (formal interview) then good cop (informal interview).

It was pretty cool to see our God (Dr. Eugenia Mejia) in person, but she doesn't love us back :bigtears:. She even made a point of saying SDN is filled with misinformation & trolls :troll: :welcome::rofl:.She even recommended a better, trustworthy forum! She definitely knows the game. I feel like the second she reads that i-heart-NYU email, she labels you an SDN-er (I don't think emailing hurts your case though). The best part was when she said we'll hear back soon. She said "possibly by the end of the week."

Previously, I planned on emailing my interviewer afterwards just for the sake of following the proper interview etiquette. NYU is a top choice (& my only interview after all). I just feel like it would be so awkward to email my interviewer since it was obvious we made a connection? It'd be like emailing your friend and saying "Nice to meet you, stranger." :confused:

Who did you have for your inteviewer?

Members don't see this ad.

For anybody who get accept, how long after the phone call you receive the acceptance package?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i'm in too!
Thank you.
I'll post details on my stat when I obtain the admissions package.

Anyone accepted off the WL received an email about it post-phone call from the school?
i haven't received the email yet!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So much good news today! Congrats all of the acceptance today! Hard work finally pay back. It's been a long process for us all, looking forward to meet you all in the fall. :)

Btw...you two c6 aren't same person !? I always thought the double bond is your alt or something haha

So much good news today! Congrats all of the acceptance today! Hard work finally pay back. It's been a long process for us all, looking forward to meet you all in the fall. :)

Btw...you two c6 aren't same person !? I always thought the double bond is your alt or something haha

No lol! Maybe I should have been more original with my name

Congrats guys! Hopeful for a phone call. Is the number they call from the admissions number? Just asking cause I get a **** load of telemarketing calls from the city so I usually screen nyc calls. Thanks!

anyone whos sent letters of intent who hasn't heard back yet?
also congrats to all who've gotten in!
hopefully ill hear back soon too :/

Congrats guys! Hopeful for a phone call. Is the number they call from the admissions number? Just asking cause I get a **** load of telemarketing calls from the city so I usually screen nyc calls. Thanks!

Yes, it's a (212) 998- number... I actually let this call go to voicemail because I didn't recognize the number and thought it was a telemarketer!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, it's a (212) 998- number... I actually let this call go to voicemail because I didn't recognize the number and thought it was a telemarketer!
lol thanks and congrats!

Another friend of mine got off the waitlist yesterday. Definitely a lot of movement pre-April, and more to come post-April.

Did any internationals get off the waitlist yet? (Specifically Canadians)

Accepted from the waitlist today via email!:clap:
UG GPA: 3.25, Masters GPA: 3.5
DAT: AA 19, TS 19

So is the 2nd deposit due 04/01? How long do they give people to pay it? I feel like I read 15 days somewhere. Does that mean movement won't start until mid April? I guess it depends on if people wait until the last second to drop. Also, do people frequently get off the waitlist without contacting Mejia/sending LOIs/etc? I don't even know what to email her about.

So is the 2nd deposit due 04/01? How long do they give people to pay it? I feel like I read 15 days somewhere. Does that mean movement won't start until mid April? I guess it depends on if people wait until the last second to drop. Also, do people frequently get off the waitlist without contacting Mejia/sending LOIs/etc? I don't even know what to email her about.
Tell her how much you like the program. How much you were amazed during the interview and what you saw when they gave you the tour and all that stuff.