***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Does anyone know if any of the waitlisted people were offered a seat last year during end of May or June?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got into my state dental school! Dream come true. Will be withdrawing my NYU acceptance. Good luck to anyone on the waitlist, stay hopeful!

Reactions: 9 users
Hello everyone, hope is well during this pandemic
I withdrew my seat and hope one of you will luckily receive it! Keep your head up high and continue to show interest

Reactions: 1 users
I understand that the deposit is refundable but I also see that part of it goes towards tuition
Is it possible that I can just pay the non-tuition part b/c $5,000 is a lot LOL

I understand that the deposit is refundable but I also see that part of it goes towards tuition
Is it possible that I can just pay the non-tuition part b/c $5,000 is a lot LOL

it is non-refundable

Reactions: 1 user
I just got in!! Got a call from Dr. Mejia an hour ago and just got the email!!!!

Interview: 3/9
Waitlisted: 3/10
Dr. Mejia called me on 4/27 asking if i'd be able to move, then again today!

uGPA: ~2.9
Master's GPA: 3.6
DAT: 20AA 19TS

I reach out sooooo much like I'm pretty sure I annoyed them into accepting me hahaha

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I just got in!! Got a call from Dr. Mejia an hour ago and just got the email!!!!

Interview: 3/9
Waitlisted: 3/10
Dr. Mejia called me on 4/27 asking if i'd be able to move, then again today!

uGPA: ~2.9
Master's GPA: 3.6
DAT: 20AA 19TS

I reach out sooooo much like I'm pretty sure I annoyed them into accepting me hahaha

Hi, I was just wondering are you OOS? And when did you submit your application?

Hi, did anyone else on the waitlist get an email about meeting with a person from the admissions one-one via zoom?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone chime in how scholarships from NYU work? Is it merit based from your stats prior to matriculation or is it merit base per year?
Hey, I received a scholarship from NYU and the acceptance letter said it was based off my entire application as well as their anticipation on how I will perform once I matriculate. I am required to maintain a 3.0 for the scholarship to be renewed yearly.

Hey, I received a scholarship from NYU and the acceptance letter said it was based off my entire application as well as their anticipation on how I will perform once I matriculate. I am required to maintain a 3.0 for the scholarship to be renewed yearly.
may i know how much the scholarship is for? and if it is yearly?

Thanks for replying. I didn’t get any scholarships with my acceptance. Do you or anyone here happen to know if you can apply for scholarship as an upcoming D2 provided you did well on D1?
I think you can talk to the office of student financials about that.

I’m giving my spot! Hopefully it makes someone happy here! Good luck! (and open a scholarship spot as well )

The fact that tuition is a trillion bucks, man. message me and I can tell you about scholarships at nyucd. It's not a whole lot of info, but it could be worth something to you if you are trying to. I have not had one myself when I attended, but I just know a bit about their process that isn't on the site

Do you mind if I pm you about that?

The fact that tuition is a trillion bucks, man. message me and I can tell you about scholarships at nyucd. It's not a whole lot of info, but it could be worth something to you if you are trying to. I have not had one myself when I attended, but I just know a bit about their process that isn't on the site
same...can i message as well about that?

Me too please! I've been trying to get myself considered for a merit scholarships but no response from them. If you can pm me about anything you know that can help that would be much appreciated!

May I message you regarding this?

I reached out multiple times. I aimed for every week- every week and a half. I sent about 4 letters and I called a few times too. Just continuously express interest. I was waitlisted 2/11 and accepted 3/12. Just hang in there!
I've been trying to do this and no success in getting accepted from the waitlist - did you get any human responses from emails? I have been able to get a hold of someone on the phone but I don't think I helped my chances with those calls. More importantly, I've been sending letters out to admissions and specific people within admissions and I either get an auto-reply or no response, sometimes I feel like I'm sending a message into outer space and at this point I'm starting to feel like a fool for continuing to reach out - like "Oh not this dude again! Sorry, just have to wait and be patient and don't lose hope" - I'm losing hope, lol.

Reactions: 1 users
I've been trying to do this and no success in getting accepted from the waitlist - did you get any human responses from emails? I have been able to get a hold of someone on the phone but I don't think I helped my chances with those calls. More importantly, I've been sending letters out to admissions and specific people within admissions and I either get an auto-reply or no response, sometimes I feel like I'm sending a message into outer space and at this point I'm starting to feel like a fool for continuing to reach out - like "Oh not this dude again! Sorry, just have to wait and be patient and don't lose hope" - I'm losing hope, lol.
I feel you. No matter how many times I reach out, I feel like nothing happens. I have been waitlisted since February and now its almost June. I dont understand how people waitlisted in March got accepted with only reaching out a few times. Doesnt make sense to me.

Have you guys tried calling them and asking if they're full? At this point in time, I'd believe the class to be likely full. I checked the previous years and have not seen anyone get accepted past May. There's a one off chance that someone decides to just drop out, and they'll call you instead but at this point, the chances of that are slim.
They told me though email that they are still actively going through their waitlist in June. Not sure if they completely filled it, but seems like there may be some spots if they are still going through waitlist.

FYI) Tuition deadline for Class of 2024 is on 06/17/2020

I feel you. No matter how many times I reach out, I feel like nothing happens. I have been waitlisted since February and now its almost June. I dont understand how people waitlisted in March got accepted with only reaching out a few times. Doesnt make sense to me.

What doesn't make sense? The waitlist is not ranked. NYU simply favored other applicants.

i just got accepted yesterday afternoon via email! I interviewed 1/27, waitlisted on 2/1. I am out of state.

Reactions: 8 users
Thanks!
Undergraduate gpa 3.2
Graduate gpa 3.78
Post bacc gpa 3.89
AA/TS/PAT 24/23/22
Your stats are good. Surprised you even got waitlisted with those. When did you apply? Also, what was your masters in?

Anyone get approved for a HPSL loan yet. If yes, can you care to share the amount.

Anyone get approved for a HPSL loan yet. If yes, can you care to share the amount.
At their financial seminar, they were saying that they are still expecting funds, so once they receive funds, then they can let others who have applied know whether if they are receiving those loans and for how much as well.

Has anyone written the DAT 3 times and got accepted to NYU?

Has anyone written the DAT 3 times and got accepted to NYU?

I'm sure this depends on how well you did and improved. For example, if you went from 17 > 17/18 > 18/19, that's probably not very good, whereas if you went from 17 > 19 > 22, I'm sure that has much more of an effect.

NYU historically favors higher DAT scores more than GPA. Their average is a 21.2, slightly higher than the matriculating average of 20.4, and their average GPA is 3.45, lower than the matriculating average of 3.55.

So if you didn't make a great improvement with 3 takes, I'm going to go and say your chances might not be very good.

I got accepted today!! I kept calling which i highly recommend lol i called yesterday and they knew so much about me from me just calling and letting them know I’m still interested.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats. Like I said before, NYU really cares about students who show interest. It doesn't guarantee an acceptance, but if you aren't reaching out to them frequently then you're doing yourself a disservice.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got accepted this afternoon from the waitlist!!

Interviewed 2/10, waitlisted 2/14

Reactions: 2 users
Wow congrats, 1.5 weeks before class, holy. I guess it’s really not over until it’s over. Mind sharing your stats?

Wow congrats, 1.5 weeks before class, holy. I guess it’s really not over until it’s over. Mind sharing your stats?
yeah imagine having to move into nyc in a week and a half if you're few states away?? haha thankfully it starts online

As of now, they're giving us a week and a half in September to move in lol