***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Also, in previous years, they went up all the way to beginning of april with interviews. I assume that they had less interviews, they would pick more people from the waitlist to fill their seats?
What happened in previous years does not mean it must reoccur this year or the next. Dynamics of admissions vary and are not set in stone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received an email from NYU to fill out a Waitlist Update Form?? I just received an email from them this morning, basically it was a survey wanting to know how interested I am still.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received an email from NYU to fill out a Waitlist Update Form?? I just received an email from them this morning, basically it was a survey wanting to know how interested I am still.
I did

Members don't see this ad :)
I also did as well. I am hoping that we hear back soon at least

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck everyone, this means there is more space. Write strong responses!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! Just wanted to post on here and let you guys know I got in from the waitlist!! I reached out to admin about once a week, initially over call and email, and when they closed offices cause of corona I just emailed them. My stats were on the lower side tbh so I wasn't sure if I'd get in, this was only interview and acceptance I got, thankfully one is all you need. If anyone has any questions feel free to reach out :)

Interview: 2/21
Waitlist: 3/1
Letter of Intent Submitted: 3/14
Accepted: 4/3

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Hey guys! Just wanted to post on here and let you guys know I got in from the waitlist!! I reached out to admin about once a week, initially over call and email, and when they closed offices cause of corona I just emailed them. My stats were on the lower side tbh so I wasn't sure if I'd get in, this was only interview and acceptance I got, thankfully one is all you need. If anyone has any questions feel free to reach out :)

Interview: 2/21
Waitlist: 3/1
Letter of Intent Submitted: 3/14
Accepted: 4/3
Congratulations! See you in July

• Love
Congratulations!! What type of emails did you send? I don’t want to be too repetitive, and with all of this going on I can’t shadow so I don’t have many updates.

Thank you! Basically sent in a letter of intent that explained how my values aligned with that of NYU ( look at their mission statement for that), and I talked how those same values were important to me and aligned with my goals. and this is why this is my top choice school. Let them know that if accepted you WILL go here. Youtube how to write letter of intent for medical school that should give you some good guidance too!

And in terms of reaching out to them, in general, I would use any excuse for an update I could, I emailed them about my grades in my anatomy class just updating I had an exam and im doing well. Even if you dont have much to say, just make sure you reach out once a week and literally just tell them you're really interested and want to attend their dental program.

Till when does NYU dental look at waitlist? Does anyone know if people got accepted last year from the waitlist in May or June?

Till when does NYU dental look at waitlist? Does anyone know if people got accepted last year from the waitlist in May or June?

I remember seeing some posts from May last year of people getting in. I emailed the admissions the day after receiving the Waitlist Update form last Sunday and they responded on Monday saying that the pandemic has affected their review timeline, so I'm trying to stay hopeful of hearing from them soon.

I remember seeing some posts from May last year of people getting in. I emailed the admissions the day after receiving the Waitlist Update form last Sunday and they responded on Monday saying that the pandemic has affected their review timeline, so I'm trying to stay hopeful of hearing from them soon.
Thanks for the update. I sent you a private message regarding this.

hi everyone,

so a ton of people are messaging me about NYUCD about their worries, rumors or general inquiries about the college. I don't mind them but I want to share this bc there is are reoccurring concerns.

The commonalities:

Has NYUCD changed and will it continue to change for better or worse?: Chances are worse, why? Many things of most significance is the covid-19 dilemma. Current students and tbh myself are in fear due to tuition spikes, continued remote learning, delays in requirements, rent/housing, lack of materials, potentially accelerated curriculum etc

Tuition spikes may fall on incoming years as you all have time to take out Loans

Experience: Recession like no other. NYC wont be the same for a large time. Social distancing will affect your experiences here BIG time as a student and how things are done in the city

Incoming D1s or potential D1s on the edge. Think well and hard about your decision especially with the predicament we all face. Then factor in other aspects. You're experiences wont be the same as NY is hit hard from this virus. Some of you are weighing this and I get it. You all want to have the ceremonies etc.

If you committed NYUCD and still message me asking for me to spill the beans/negatives about the college, seriously you need to grow up real quick and choose another school.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hi everyone,

so a ton of people are messaging me about NYUCD about their worries, rumors or general inquiries about the college. I don't mind them but I want to share this bc there is are reoccurring concerns.

The commonalities:

Has NYUCD changed and will it continue to change for better or worse?: Chances are worse, why? Many things of most significance is the covid-19 dilemma. Current students and tbh myself are in fear due to tuition spikes, continued remote learning, delays in requirements, rent/housing, lack of materials, potentially accelerated curriculum etc

Tuition spikes may fall on incoming years as you all have time to take out Loans

Experience: Recession like no other. NYC wont be the same for a large time. Social distancing will affect your experiences here BIG time as a student and how things are done in the city

Incoming D1s or potential D1s on the edge. Think well and hard about your decision especially with the predicament we all face. Then factor in other aspects. You're experiences wont be the same as NY is hit hard from this virus. Some of you are weighing this and I get it. You all want to have the ceremonies etc.

If you committed NYUCD and still message me asking for me to spill the beans/negatives about the college, seriously you need to grow up real quick and choose another school.

Thanks for sharing. Question: Do you think the first two months for incoming D1 curriculum will be online?

Also, has there been any waitlist movement recently? Every time I email them, they always respond, "we have added it to your file for review"

Thanks for sharing. Question: Do you think the first two months for incoming D1 curriculum will be online?

No one knows for sure at this point. Regardless it won't really make a difference for D1s tbh.

Yes, for all students I think it will be online, white coat ceremony etc will also will be a no-go. They already sent an email to NYU students that all summer classes will be online sessions. If that doesnt ring a bell about the forthcoming idk what will for those concern. But They will make u move to campus or housing if you enroll don't get your hopes up if you think u will save on rent. Incoming D1 and D4 will feel it hard in particular. The issue is NY is hit hard from this virus unlike Cali and other states.

Yes, for all students I think it will be online, white coat ceremony etc will also will be a no-go. They already sent an email to NYU students that all summer classes will be online sessions. If that doesnt ring a bell about the forthcoming idk what will for those concern. But They will make u move to campus or housing if you enroll don't get your hopes up if you think u will save on rent. Incoming D1 and D4 will feel it hard in particular. The issue is NY is hit hard from this virus unlike Cali and other states.
I am in incoming D1 and never got this email that classes will be online

when I had the tour from the student ambassadors, i was told the white coat was during D2. Is this true? I might've heard wrong as he was explaining a question from one of the students in the group and not addressing the whole group

when I had the tour from the student ambassadors, i was told the white coat was during D2. Is this true? I might've heard wrong as he was explaining a question from one of the students in the group and not addressing the whole group
this is true. @NYUdent22pow please give us more information for D1

Okay please, everyone, calm down.

1) Summer classes for all NYU students that usually start in May have been moved online. This is similar to every other school, even your local community colleges, across the country. All schools have moved to online classes for their spring/summer semester. Dental School itself works on a different schedule and has yet to be officially announced whether or not it will be remote learning. Wait for an official email/check your portal instead of listening to posts on sdn (no offense).

2) The white coat ceremony does occur during the D2 year. This can be checked by simply going onto the NYU Dental School Calendar and looking for it on there.

3) It is okay to be scared, it is okay to be worried but life does and will go on. You will still become a dentist, you still have your acceptance. Do not let your thoughts run amuck, do not get unnecessarily anxious/stressed during this time. Those of you who have been accepted, there are hundreds waiting for the opportunity to be in our shoes and we should understand that. The COVID situation is NEW and NO ONE knows how the program is going to be changed because of it. Everyone is in the same boat. Look forward to July but there is no reason to panic about what is happening, as a dentist and as a student we should be able to roll with the punches and accept that things are going to change and there are things out of our own control.

4) Again, wait for portal updates and official emails. If you have concerns, contact admissions. Go directly to the source for your concerns.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Making decision(s) out of desperation will surely not result in positive outcomes(s) especially during trying times. It is true be optimistic when you have some control over the situation, but what we are all facing is truly out of control. To be perfectly honest, in such a circumstance (deciding where to attend) that is heavily based on short and long term implications I personally don't think its all to wise to based off of hyped emotions. Desperation isn't justifiable by any means to jump from school to school or bc there may be others on the waitlisted. Outside of the institution, SDN is the next best thing. I, myself ignored SDN when accepting my seat and guess what thats why Im hear helping other students in their concerns to the best of my abilities and capabilities. I know what its like to be in your position to a degree. Being waitlisted to few of my fav. schools, Upenn being one of them. I know now, if I took an extra year I could've made some changes to my app, and been a Upenn student right now.

Pandemic will fracture a lot of what we took for granted. That even means experiences we never thought would be valuable to us. I was fortunate enough to have a "normal" experience enrolling and moving forward at NYU. Now, it seems extremely farfetch to think it will be in July

NYU would have to be change a lot of things for the incoming class bc its so dense...a large class size is not an easy thing to manage even with social distancing. I can go on rant but what I will say watch the news specifically Gov. Cuomo as that will tell you how NY will be. NY as state is part of the tri-state region. which means it will reopen in conjunction to NJ, and CT.
Whatever it is, be rational and wise.

Edit: excuse my grammar etc, online lectures got me :/

Last edited:
  • Okay...
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
This needs to be tattooed on every predent's mind and inner portion of their eyelids so they see this all the time. They constantly ask why is there more doom and gloom/negativity about my profession in my worldview? It is not fun! It's raining on my parade. yada yada.

Like guys. You understand as years go by, classes graduated and new ones enter, the crisis that is student debt is that much more grave and convoluted. Like, you should see more apprehension, anger, questioning, and all sorts of emotions built at this insane system of academia. Yet, we still have to combat silly questions. Who cares about White Coat ceremony? It is a ****ty coat they get from amazon, I will give you mine. It is HUGE on me and I am not exactly small. You could easily look online for these answers. It just adds to the hysteria. Not the biggest sin in the world, but the attitude of prehealth students is repulsive. They freak out all the time. Boy who cried wolf scenarios. They just never learn. They play an insane version of Telephone on steroids with news and gossip that completely belies wtf was mentioned initially. Like, no one at NYU knew anything. I am sorry. For a class test or some assignment or this faculty did that and this student cheated on what, no one freaking knows. And, what good does it do to you to be engrossed in this drama as it doesn't involve you. You want nothing that piques their radar of your existence. You don't want to have 'good relations' with the administration as I have read and a friendly environment etc. You show up, show your gratitude, be patient, always act as the subordinate. Don't cry because your patient wants to go to another provider, or this faculty permitted this for student X but not me. NO ONE respects a whiner. I know it is tough, but these questions are kinda silly and detracts from the fact you are, maybe, given a HUGE BLESSING in the ability to reconsider your choices. Like the maestro Coldfront (who is the gospel on all things) stated, the major bulk of the issues in debt/this profession start at the door.

Simple as this. I doubt anyone will truly take this into their hearts and mind and digest it, but I pray you do.
Well said. Especially agree with the white coat part lmao.

This needs to be tattooed on every predent's mind and inner portion of their eyelids so they see this all the time. They constantly ask why is there more doom and gloom/negativity about my profession in my worldview? It is not fun! It's raining on my parade. yada yada.

Like guys. You understand as years go by, classes graduated and new ones enter, the crisis that is student debt is that much more grave and convoluted. Like, you should see more apprehension, anger, questioning, and all sorts of emotions built at this insane system of academia. Yet, we still have to combat silly questions. Who cares about White Coat ceremony? It is a ****ty coat they get from amazon, I will give you mine. It is HUGE on me and I am not exactly small. You could easily look online for these answers. It just adds to the hysteria. Not the biggest sin in the world, but the attitude of prehealth students is repulsive. They freak out all the time. Boy who cried wolf scenarios. They just never learn. They play an insane version of Telephone on steroids with news and gossip that completely belies wtf was mentioned initially. Like, no one at NYU knew anything. I am sorry. For a class test or some assignment or this faculty did that and this student cheated on what, no one freaking knows. And, what good does it do to you to be engrossed in this drama as it doesn't involve you. You want nothing that piques their radar of your existence. You don't want to have 'good relations' with the administration as I have read and a friendly environment etc. You show up, show your gratitude, be patient, always act as the subordinate. Don't cry because your patient wants to go to another provider, or this faculty permitted this for student X but not me. NO ONE respects a whiner. I know it is tough, but these questions are kinda silly and detracts from the fact you are, maybe, given a HUGE BLESSING in the ability to reconsider your choices. Like the maestro Coldfront (who is the gospel on all things) stated, the major bulk of the issues in debt/this profession start at the door.

Simple as this. I doubt anyone will truly take this into their hearts and mind and digest it, but I pray you do.
Glad to have another speak the truth and luminate the reality of whats at hand for those accepted (deciding) or those waitlisted. View this current situation as a opportunity to put things in perspective and weigh factors you may overlooked or childishly ignored due to premature emotions. This unreal scenario the world is facing is gift to make proper and adult decisions in every regard. rsk384 your insight and experiences are of value.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the class is full or has heard anything about waitlist movement?

Does anyone know if the class is full or has heard anything about waitlist movement?
No, I haven't heard anything from their admissions office either, which is understandable. My friend who is an incoming D1 said that classes are online for the summer session (July & August). He got an email.

Just as I told people to expect due to the situation. Heed with caution folks

No, I haven't heard anything from their admissions office either, which is understandable. My friend who is an incoming D1 said that classes are online for the summer session (July & August). He got an email.
I heard that too. Not sure if the class is full at this time or they are still sending acceptances.

impacted severely, and no D1 student wants to be shorthanded bc 1st year entry and transition is critical for any school especially with a very large class size

What happened in previous years does not mean it must reoccur this year or the next. Dynamics of admissions vary and are not set in stone.
no ****, your answer is the type of "answer" admissions people give - doesn't really address any question, just states the obvious that we all could have deduced from logic.

I urge you to reconsider attending NYU dental. If you have other options, consider going with them. If you don't, take a year, maybe two to strengthen your application and attend a school that doesn't see its students as numbers and dollars. Maybe you were rushed into paying a 5k deposit and you are hesitant to lose that, but trust me, it's not worth it. I've made great friends here, there are some good faculty, but the culture as a whole here is fundamentally flawed and it's not worth the exorbitant price of attendance and feeling completely undervalued. The administration has been making unsound decisions since the start of the pandemic, and I would not be surprised at all if more severe COVID-19 restrictions (through 2021) are imposed on the school compared to other dental schools due to the enormous class sizes and crowded conditions. If you are going to put off dental school for another year or two and reassess, now is the right time to do it. I'd pay 20k+ to get that opportunity back.

Reactions: 4 users
no ****, your answer is the type of "answer" admissions people give - doesn't really address any question, just states the obvious that we all could have deduced from logic.
calm down, don't get your panties in a bunch. Perfect! use that logic to deduce answers to your own questions. You got specific questions ask them. Vague questions get vague replies

Last edited:

I urge you to reconsider attending NYU dental. If you have other options, consider going with them. If you don't, take a year, maybe two to strengthen your application and attend a school that doesn't see its students as numbers and dollars. Maybe you were rushed into paying a 5k deposit and you are hesitant to lose that, but trust me, it's not worth it. I've made great friends here, there are some good faculty, but the culture as a whole here is fundamentally flawed and it's not worth the exorbitant price of attendance and feeling completely undervalued. The administration has been making unsound decisions since the start of the pandemic, and I would not be surprised at all if more severe COVID-19 restrictions (through 2021) are imposed on the school compared to other dental schools due to the enormous class sizes and crowded conditions. If you are going to put off dental school for another year or two and reassess, now is the right time to do it. I'd pay 20k+ to get that opportunity back.
wow finally a NYU article putting the school on the spotlight for once, even tho this encompasses less than 5% of whats wrong with the dental school. but this article is spot on. I'll tell u this,those waitlisted and accepted who werent sucked out of 5,000$ already, to really read this article. The saying goes during the worst of times, you know who your true friends are... or something like that. But here folks, NYU CD chooses to impose unreal conditions to their "students". IVY medical and dental schools from my undergrad peers are all mainly switched to pass/fail. We are in a Pandemic yet we are riddle with more burdens from the last place we expect. Yet it is happening to us. There choice to do such a thing is red flag like no other, a glimpse of how students are viewed.

calm down, don't get your panties in a bunch. Perfect! use that logic to deduce answers to your own questions. You got specific questions ask them. Vague questions get vague replies

Umm @NYUdent22pow that’s kinda rude... I actually have a hard time understanding some of your messages. Your messages are actually kind of vague...

Does anyone know anything about the class, if it is full?
If the office is still looking at waitlist?
If anyone got accepted off the waitlist recently?

I understand but thats like that with a lot of the schools. My friend is a D1 at Tufts and all classes are online for the summer session and they have a lot of restrictions placed with the school... I feel like its other schools too not just NYU, even though NYU is the most expensive out of all the schools

Does anyone know anything about the class, if it is full?
If the office is still looking at waitlist?
If anyone got accepted off the waitlist recently?
Admissions says the class is full and that if and when someone gives up their spot, the committee will review who is on the waitlist and accept from there - there is no waitlist rank according to admissions.

are a lot of people still on the waitlist? Like this post if you are still waiting to hear back from NYU?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, I've had a good number of people (too many for dental hopefuls IMO) PM-ing me as to how I know the class is full - I CALLED ADMISSIONS. I know, what a novel idea! It takes less than 5 minutes, about the same amount of effort to post on SDN, AND you get the information directly from the source, no more guessing ;-) the number is 212-nine.nine.eight-nine.eight.one.eight ... NO they aren't closed, answering the phone is about as easy as it gets when it comes to working remotely. If anyone hears differently from admissions after they call, let us know!

Hey guys I just got accepted this morning off the waitlist! Don't lose hope just keep updating them and showing interest! Good luck I know all of your hard work will pay off!

Reactions: 7 users
Hey guys I just got accepted this morning off the waitlist! Don't lose hope just keep updating them and showing interest! Good luck I know all of your hard work will pay off!

omg congrats!! When did you interview/get waitlisted?? How often did you reach out?!

hi, do you mind sharing your stats, interview date, and residency? thanks, it would be greatly appreciated!!
Sure. My stats is not that great I think..
Undergrad GPA 3.0
Master GPA 3.8
AA 20 TS 23
Residency : OOS

Interview : Early Feb
Waitlisted : 02/15
Accepted : 04/24

I've sent more than 15 letters of intent, status update, additional recommendation letter to them once a week.

omg congrats!! When did you interview/get waitlisted?? How often did you reach out?!

Thank you! I Interviewed early March and got waitlisted the next day. I tried to update as often as I could and sent updated letter of recommendations