***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

coolguy07

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Best of luck to everyone!

Thought I would include some links from last years post:

DDS Program: DDS Program

About the school: About

Further offerings: Admissions/Academic Programs

Last year's thread: ***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: New York University College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone get there e-mail invitation to fill out the supplemental app??

Members don't see this ad :)
No! the fee and the portal sign-in email was what i was talking about!

When did u submit your app and when did u get that email?

Submitted 6/14 and received email 6/21! I’d already submitted another program’s application days before though so I was already verified

No! the fee and the portal sign-in email was what i was talking about!

When did u submit your app and when did u get that email?
I submitted on 6/4 and received the email on 6/11. My application was considered complete and under review on 6/11.

As NYU does not review applications in the order they were received does that mean that it does not matter when you submit?

Did you guys end up using the whole 5000 characters for the primary application "Why NYU?" question?

I think # of character is fine as long as you get your point across

Members don't see this ad :)
Too late to apply here to be considered for an interview? Is it first come first serve?

Too late to apply here to be considered for an interview? Is it first come first serve?

Definitely not - NYU interviews well after December and into the Spring. 375+ seats is huge and lots of folks turn their seat down due to the cost.

Does anyone know if NYU offers any type of scholarship?
The cost is a bit overwhelming

For the NYU "secondary" question on the application, did anyone find that when they actually check it in the Application PDF format in the "Check Status" section, that the separated paragraphs are gone and it's all one paragraph?

Reactions: 1 user
For the NYU "secondary" question on the application, did anyone find that when they actually check it in the Application PDF format in the "Check Status" section, that the separated paragraphs are gone and it's all one paragraph?
the same happened to me

Interview #3
School: NYU
Notification date: 09/05
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NYC
Application complete date: 07/01/2019

Last edited:
I received an invite today as well!!! Florida resident

I received an invite today! Florida resident as well haha

Reactions: 1 users
I hope I get one too! I’m from Florida as well. Now I just keep looking at my phone waiting for an email.

Interview #5
Notification date: 9/5
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/4
Application complete date: 7/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.48, 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/24/25/None
Interview Date: 10/14

Interview #1
Residency: NY (nyc :) )
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/03
Application complete date: 7/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.1, 3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/23/None
Interview Date: 10/17 (8 am)

Reactions: 5 users
Good luck everyone with interviews! Current D2 here let me know if you have any questions about the school and/or the interview!

Good luck everyone with interviews! Current D2 here let me know if you have any questions about the school and/or the interview!
How often does NYU send out interview invites?

How often does NYU send out interview invites?
Pretty often I would say. Usually a group of interviews are given out throughout the month so its hard to say in terms of exact days but admissions are made on a rolling basis. You also will know if you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected within a few days after your interview which was my case the year I applied.

Reactions: 4 users
Pretty often I would say. Usually a group of interviews are given out throughout the month so its hard to say in terms of exact days but admissions are made on a rolling basis. You also will know if you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected within a few days after your interview which was my case the year I applied.
So u say they send our interview once a month?

Even with a pre-dec interview you will find out whether u were accepted or not a few days later??

So u say they send our interview once a month?

Even with a pre-dec interview you will find out whether u were accepted or not a few days later??
Sorry for confusion, I was a POST-dec interview so I found my fate a few days afterwards but do not think this is case for pre-dec interviews!

Sorry for confusion, I was a POST-dec interview so I found my fate a few days afterwards but do not think this is case for pre-dec interviews!
Did you apply late to get the post-dec interview?

I did I didn't apply till November.
So if someone were to apply in August or now, would their chances for a pre-December interview be slim? Sorry for all of the questions!

So if someone were to apply in August or now, would their chances for a pre-December interview be slim? Sorry for all of the questions!
I def would not say that. There is still a lot of time. Don't worry you worked hard up until this point just got to be patient and you will get one :)

Do you know if NYU has a specific cut off for the reading section on the DAT? I heard they won't accept any score below an 18. I received a 17 and I'm scared I won't even get looked at because of it.

Interview #3
Residency: international
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/8
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall): 3.28, 3.25
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/30/26/None
Interview Date: 10/30

Reactions: 3 users
Do you know if NYU has a specific cut off for the reading section on the DAT? I heard they won't accept any score below an 18. I received a 17 and I'm scared I won't even get looked at because of it.
Unfortunately I am not sure :( it would be best to call and confirm tho! Good luck!

Current D1 at NYU, just finished the Summer "semester" a week ago. Started Bench lab this past week and soon Anatomy lab this upcoming week.

Weird coming here when it felt like yesterday when I was in your shoes. Time flies my friends. My best advice while you wait for interviews, or go on interviews and then wait to start school - stay active. Get a job, do something to keep your mind off of things. This is a very stressful time and you will only do more harm to yourself if you sit around refreshing your email or SDN waiting to hear something about anything.

Can't do much seeing how I've only been here for a little over 2 months but if anyone has questions, I'll try to reply as soon as I can.

Probably not. But definitely sooner the better. I applied in July of last year and received most of my interviews in August. I didn't hear from NYU until late November. Chose to interview after Dec 1 and heard back a few days later with an acceptance.

Reactions: 3 users