*** The Official OU COD Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
IS, interview for the morning of Saturday Oct 7th!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm OOS and have an interview Sept. 30!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sure! 3.92 oGPA. 21 AA, 20 TS, 19 BIO, 22 GC, 19 OC, 26 RC, 19 QR, 19 PAT.
Thank you!!

So... are there any more interview spots left? Does anyone know?
They held spots up til today since October 1st is the deadline. Most likely they will do the last invites this week for the interview date of October 13th.

For those who have interviewed this cycle, do you mind sharing your own experience so that we can learn from it? :)

For those who have interviewed this cycle, do you mind sharing your own experience so that we can learn from it? :)
There are 40 applicants that are divided into 4 groups of 10. Each group will be taken on a tour of the school, a DS4 group interview, and an individual interview with 2 doctors. Each section last about 45 minutes. The rest of the time you stay in the "main room" where you can talk to DS3 students, other applicants, or eat breakfast/snack. When it's over you go to the cafeteria for lunch with everyone including the doctors. As for questions they ask or what they may tell you all depends on the doctor and students that you interview with. However, they do encourage you to relax and be your self. The doctors can tell if you're trying to tell them what you think they want to hear or if it's the truth.

Last edited:
Rejection 10/8/17....salty

Last edited:
Rejection 10/8/17....salty
It definitely frustrates me when the school gives BS reason to deny you.
At least give some constructive criticisms that would definitely be more helpful/appreciated.
"I am sorry to inform you that your DAT is too low to be considered competitive for our dental program."
With AA 19, 20 TS, 22 PAT (3.5 ogpa 3.55 sgpa)...it sure is on the lower side but come on..
I see other people going on interviews with lower stat so don't bs me and tell me to go retake the dat because I'm not "competitive."

I'm sorry that happened :( I got rejected from an OOS school (I'm Oklahoma resident) even though my stats are definitely within the range for consideration but...apparently numbers don't mean everything in this game. Stay positive! Hope you hear from other schools!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sorry that happened :( I got rejected from an OOS school (I'm Oklahoma resident) even though my stats are definitely within the range for consideration but...apparently numbers don't mean everything in this game. Stay positive! Hope you hear from other schools!
Thanks for the wise words. Definitely trying to keep my heads up. And you as well, good luck with your application process and hope you hear from other schools!

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my friends got an interview for Nov 10th! So there is one more interview date for sure!

Me too. Heidi said they are interviewing 60 people on Oct 14... I mean she didn't clarify that the one on Oct. 14th won't be the last one though...
That's really interesting.

So do you think there will be more interviews between now and then?

I think Heidi said OU's interviewing 180 (which is more than they usually interview) people this year... and my friend said the first interview only had about 30 something people... so as long as it adds up to 180 then it's not a big deal, but if they are interviewing more than 180, then it means it's even more competitive
I was in the second group and there were 36. I had no idea they were interviewing more candidates this year though. I was under the impression it was 160. Wonder if the extra interviews are in state or OOS or a mix of both. I heard the first group only had instate students.

Me too. Heidi said they are interviewing 60 people on Oct 14... I mean she didn't clarify that the one on Oct. 14th won't be the last one though...
That's really interesting.

So do you think there will be more interviews between now and then?

I think Heidi said OU's interviewing 180 (which is more than they usually interview) people this year... and my friend said the first interview only had about 30 something people... so as long as it adds up to 180 then it's not a big deal, but if they are interviewing more than 180, then it means it's even more competitive
I was in the first interview group and Heidi said they were interviewing 160. If it got changed to 180 then they must have gotten some amazing last minute applicants.

Very interesting, I will be there this Friday and I can report back how many are coming. My brother got interviewed in November two years ago there, so it kinda makes sense they still hold November interviews.

Has anybody got an explanation for the huge surge in the total number of applications to the OUCOD? It seems a bit peculiar to me that the number jumped from 700s last year to 1100s this year...

Has anybody got an explanation for the huge surge in the total number of applications to the OUCOD? It seems a bit peculiar to me that the number jumped from 700s last year to 1100s this year...
I have no clue. Not even sure if the increase is mostly instate or OOS either. Last year, Heidi said they had 860ish and this year is the most the school has ever received.

What I understood was less people are applying to dental school this year, but people are applying to more schools than usual. I my self applied to more this year than I did last year.

That's interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if OU's average DAT score for this year's matriculants officially reached 20.

Has anyone asked Heidi how many of the interviews this cycle were OOS applicants? There seemed to be quite a few on my interview day.

No, they don't. Their last interview is the one on November 10th.
Their admission committee makes decisions on Nov 18th IIRC, and all acceptances get sent on Dec. 1st.

Also, 160 people interviewed, not 180. I was confused.
160 total in state and out of state?

I think the out of state students make up about 10 to 15 percent of the class so

It was given by Heidi Martin, OUCOD Student Program Coordinator; she is the one in charge of the interviewee selection process. You can always call her and ask; she's very kind and helpful.
Isn’t Heidi also in charge of the committee that accepts students?

Where did u get the info? According to the previous years they interview more people than that
Last year they starting interviewing only 160 people. They decided not to waste people’s time and money on interviewing a couple hundred when they can get a general idea of who they like by the application.

I don’t know how many interviewees are IS or OOS. Usually there are about 14 OOS positions, 6 International, and the rest are IS. I know the first interview cycle were all IS. (Heidi said 6 were international at the first interview group)

Last year they starting interviewing only 160 people. They decided not to waste people’s time and money on interviewing a couple hundred when they can get a general idea of who they like by the application.

I don’t know how many interviewees are IS or OOS. Usually there are about 14 OOS positions, 6 International, and the rest are IS. I know the first interview cycle were all IS. (Heidi said 6 were international at the first interview group)
So how many people are picked all together

Interview #5

School: OU
Notification date: 10/24
Interview Date: 11/10
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
GPA (science, overall): 3.15, 3.25
Post Bacc GPA: 3.92 (38 credits)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/19/24/none

Watching people post under Countdown to Dec 1 thread gives me anxiety. OU sends out acceptances via emails right? And around 8 to 10 AM today?

Friend of mine from last cycle told me that it started as early as 6 am.

Watching people post under Countdown to Dec 1 thread gives me anxiety. OU sends out acceptances via emails right? And around 8 to 10 AM today?
Last year it was about 10:30 when I got my denial e-mail. I assume the acceptances will be the first ones out.

Received the email at 7:45 this morning. I'm accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.