*** The Official OU COD Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Feeling humbled and blessed! I just received an email acceptance email!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the waitlist e-mail about an hour ago. Congrats all y'all accepteds!

Has anyone's AADSAS status change at all? I haven't received any email yet.. the waiting is killing me.
My status changed after I received the email.

I got an acceptance email at 7 Mountain time. So pumped!! And yes, AADSAS changed to "offer made".

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone accepted from out of state? What are your stats if you don’t mind us asking?

Has someone started a fb page yet? I'm excited to meet my future classmates :)

Reactions: 2 users
It's official on facebook: OU College of Dentistry - Class of 2022. Join the group guys and gals!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how the wait list works for those that are OOS?

Is anyone applying for military HPSP? Do you think it's worth it for OU considering we'll probably be in $250k of debt, which is still pretty high but not as absurd as other schools' tuition.

Is anyone applying for military HPSP? Do you think it's worth it for OU considering we'll probably be in $250k of debt, which is still pretty high but not as absurd as other schools' tuition.
I guess it depends on your values, but from a financial perspective, I don't think it's worth it. You have to go to trainings for 4 years while in school and have to live as a soldier for additional 4 years while getting paid about 48k to 50k-ish (IIRC, it's captain's pay grade). I wouldn't recommend doing it for 250k unless you like the idea of serving.

I guess it depends on your values, but from a financial perspective, I don't think it's worth it. You have to go to trainings for 4 years while in school and have to live as a soldier for additional 4 years while getting paid about 48k to 50k-ish (IIRC, it's captain's pay grade). I wouldn't recommend doing it for 250k unless you like the idea of serving.
precisely

Although I completely agree that you shouldn't join the military just for financial reasons, the figures that you have provided is vastly underestimated. On top of your active duty pay, there are many other special pays that have been overlooked. Take ARMY for example:
1. Dental Officer Accession Bonus: this is an incentive added on top of your salary as the ARMY is trying to stay financially competitive to the civilian side. This works out to about $20k/year.
2. Basic Allowance for Housing and Sustanance (BAH and BAS): non-taxable. Basically housing and food for time serving active duty. This of course fluctuates depending on which base you are assigned on. In total this could be worth up to $20k/year.
3. All health and malpractice insurance paid for.
4. The HPSP scholarship itself: tuition and fees, school equipment and supplies, 20k sign-on bonus, monthly stipends during the 4 years in school, yadi yadi yada.

From the way I see it if I join the military, I would graduate debt free, serve my country for 4 years, and leave with enough seeds to start my own practice almost immediately. Sounds like a good deal, no? Of course it would be a different story if I didn't enjoy the military, then no amount of money would make up for the miserable time during active duty. But I also don't like the idea of having to work for corporate dental offices (worst case scenario of course, if I couldn't find an associate position) after I graduate and then live like a nun for several years while I pay back my dental school debt, either. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
I was on the wait list for Oklahoma 2 years ago. You will only hear from them if a spot opens and it’s being offered to you.

Hey y'all!

Just got an e-mail at 12:56AM Central that all 54 slots are full this year. Looks like the waitlist can stop waiting!

Is this email sent exclusively to waitlisters?

I can't say for sure, but the wording of it is such that it could be sent to a waitlister or an uninterviewed applicant. There was a section in it about setting up a phone consultation with Heidi to discuss possible positive changes to future applications that I am curious to know if it was sent to uninterviewed apps.

I was on the waitlist.

I can't say for sure, but the wording of it is such that it could be sent to a waitlister or an uninterviewed applicant. There was a section in it about setting up a phone consultation with Heidi to discuss possible positive changes to future applications that I am curious to know if it was sent to uninterviewed apps.

I was on the waitlist.

I received confirmation today from Heidi that they have filled 46 seats and in additiom some extra reserved for international students. At the moment she has shared with the current class that there are 8 more possible seats which could open up depending on the rest of admissions decisions. Best of luck mate!

I received confirmation today from Heidi that they have filled 46 seats and in additiom some extra reserved for international students. At the moment she has shared with the current class that there are 8 more possible seats which could open up depending on the rest of admissions decisions. Best of luck mate!

Some people on the waitlist got the email about the class being full around mid-December, so I wonder if they just keep narrowing the pool? Maybe there are still people who haven’t gotten it.

So has anyone that's on the waitlist not received this e-mail?

Does Oklahoma give the opportunity to gain in state tuition after the first year to an out of state student?

Status
Not open for further replies.