***The Official Personal Statement Reader List 2010***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can read a few essays :)

Please PM me for my email addy :)

Members don't see this ad.

I will be out of the country for a couple weeks. Please put me on the temporarily unavailable list! Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I wrote my personal statement last semester for my pre health committee and have since decided to change much of the structure and wording.

Would anyone like to review it for me? Much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
i would love to, but be advised that im just a premed like you

Yeah. I saw that before...should I just private message a couple people and see if they are interested? It could take a while that way.

Yep, that's how you should do it; if the people are on that list, they should be willing to help. Just PM about 5-10 people from the bottom of the list, as those are probably the most likely to still be active.

I'm going to merge this thread with the Reader List thread.

I know it's a stretch, but can anyone read my PS today? I've already sent it to two very kind individuals but the more feedback I can get the better. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Please put me on the Temp Unavailable List.... I have quite a few requests that Im trying to get to and I will be gone to Cali for the rest of the week and wont have much time. Thanks! ;)

keep up the hard work all you applicants, its a long haul but your efforts will pay off!

I would appreciate being removed from the reader list because I will have limited time to read. Anyone who has already asked me to read is free to contact me with questions, comments, or new drafts.

anyone reading today? Would love to submit soon and just finished another draft. Thanks!

Hey, so I've got a PS that I thought was good but after getting no love last year, I have a suspicion that its too artistic and am wondering if anyone could give me any feedback? I've contacted a few on the list but seeing as how it's already almost July, anyone who could give it a quick glance today or tomorrow would be a lifesaver!

Last edited:
Hey, so I've got a PS that I thought was good but after getting no love last year, I have a suspicion that its too artistic and am wondering if anyone could give me any feedback?

Can U read mine?

The idea of this thread is really that you contact the writers on the list via PM; if they're on the list, they should be willing to read.

Hello Everyone,

I have been working on my personal statement. I will be applying for the MD/PhD program at BCM. I need help looking over my personal statement, editing, criticism, etc. it will be greatly appreciated. who can help?

--sergio

Hello Everyone,

I have been working on my personal statement. I will be applying for the MD/PhD program at BCM. I need help looking over my personal statement, editing, criticism, etc. it will be greatly appreciated. who can help?

--sergio

Generally, you're supposed to PM the people on the list.

are you willing to edit, etc?

Please take me off the list. I will be unavailable for the rest of the summer.

Hey I know we are supposed to PM readers from this list, but is anyone interested in doing a sort of personal statement trade? I am working on my final drafts and really would love to hear an objective opinion (which my family and friends are having trouble doing). Thanks! PM me if you are interested

im new to the site and had a couple of questions as to how this works. do i need to pick a name from the list or do i just post that i need my statement read and wait for a response. also, will the reader simply make spelling and gramatical corrections, or will they make suggestions regarding the content. thanks in advance

im new to the site and had a couple of questions as to how this works. do i need to pick a name from the list or do i just post that i need my statement read and wait for a response. also, will the reader simply make spelling and gramatical corrections, or will they make suggestions regarding the content. thanks in advance

The best way to do this is to PM people on the list (probably several at a time), and they'll let you know if they can read for you. Each reader will give you advice on different things; some will give you mostly grammatical stuff, others will give you content advice, and some will give both. You should read the descriptions that each person has next to their name to get a feel for what they'll help you with (if they posted anything meaningful).

If anyone is able to read my PS in a timely fashion ie 1/2 days let me know thanks

Hello! I'm completely new here, so apologies in advance if a thread or a board like this exists already. I am looking for a critical eye to read over my personal statement in the next few days and give me some feedback. Of course, I would be happy to read others' in return. Please PM me if interested : )!

I need to be put on the temporarily unavailable list. I'm doing a summer program that is taking up all of my time.

Im willing to read a PS or two by Sunday. I could also use mine read by that time as well. Please feel free to PM me. I received A's in all my english classes and i've been told I'm a good writer. I'm probably better at transitions and continuity as well as novel ideas, but not so much at grammer. Received a Q on the MCAT

I just finished mine. Is anyone available to read it either tonight or by tomorrow afternoon? PM me if you can.

Sorry, school is starting soon and I'm finishing up with work. Please take me off the list!! Good luck everyone :)

HI, anyone willing to help me out with PS?? preferably today. I am tired of editing it myself. I really want some feedback. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks

Please no more PS for now. I recently became very busy and am backed up on reading them. To anyone who has sent me I will get around to it. Sorry for the wait.

I'm willing to read a couple PS.
PM me for email

If any of you med students (or c/o 2013 peeps) have a free half-hour tonight, please pm me. I am hoping to submit my primary tomorrow and just need someone to quickly double-check my grammar. I will be forever grateful. :)

Id like a few more looks and comments on my ps before i submit. anybody able to help?

just finished the TMDSAS PS and optional essays and am desperate for someone willing to look em over. content would be nice, but grammatical review is what i am really looking for since i no longer have access to the university writing center. pm me if you have the time to help a brotha out. thanks in advance

I'm willing to read essays if anyone still has some they would like reviewed. I probably won't be much help content-wise but I can help with the grammar aspects of it.

Can someone look at my personal statement? I dont know which paragraph to get rid of.

Last edited:
If anyone would like to look over my personal statement, please let me know.
It's a good one :)
Thank you

I'm going to have to echo a lot of the applicants here. I can't believe I still haven't finished this thing yet, but I was just able to get it cut down to the 5300 requirement, which took a LOT of work. I could really use someone's help if anyone was willing to look this thing over for me. PM if you can, thanks a lot!!!

hello,
like others i have a first draft that i would really like to be read. is anyone available i would really appreciate it! (i know that i am supposed to pm the ppl on the ps reader list and i did but no one responded)

I am no longer available to read NEW PSes due to the fact that I am moving and starting medical school.

If I have previously read your statement and have personally told you I would read additional drafts, feel free to continue to send those to me - it just may take a little extra time for me to check them.

Best of luck to you all! :)

Anyone else willing to read mine? please pm me ur address if so.

I'm willing to read your PS.

However take not that I am also a pre-med, but I already have my PS written.

No credentials, maybe just give you some tips.

anyone have time to read the final draft of my PS?
I am planning to submit soon.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.